Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,263 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

WTF Is Wrong With Nigerian Pastors Putting Speakers Outside To Disturb Everyone - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / WTF Is Wrong With Nigerian Pastors Putting Speakers Outside To Disturb Everyone (692 Views)

Man In Ogun Goes With Nigerian Flag / WTF!! Is This The New Way Of Celebrating Birthday? (see Photo) / Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WTF Is Wrong With Nigerian Pastors Putting Speakers Outside To Disturb Everyone by tomiobj(m): 6:24am On Oct 05, 2014
I don't care what you call me-devlish or whatever

But I have had a stressful week. And what I want is sleep. Now I get some sleep while sleepn. Sm stupid pastor starts singing with the speakers outside and the volume @ d max. Don't d idiots know how to turn down the volume. 5 streets away and we are listening to deir service. Should people in d community do something because I think this crap is outta hand.

What is ur view on this
Re: WTF Is Wrong With Nigerian Pastors Putting Speakers Outside To Disturb Everyone by Raiders: 6:56am On Oct 05, 2014
Op, why are you interfering with the work of God. The pastor in the church is helping to win souls for christ. You should encourage the church rather complaining on nairaland.
Re: WTF Is Wrong With Nigerian Pastors Putting Speakers Outside To Disturb Everyone by ruffp: 7:15am On Oct 05, 2014
Even the whites that brought the religion to us dont practice it the way we do. There are about 12 churches within walking distance around my house and they all compete on who makes more noise. If they are even sincere with the gospel sef,I'd understand..but sadly they àre all business ventures set up by people with no morals to exploit the gullible and miracle-seeking nigerians! Mtcheeewww.
Re: WTF Is Wrong With Nigerian Pastors Putting Speakers Outside To Disturb Everyone by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 05, 2014
If the church building cannot contain the whole worshippers and for the purpose of audability, there is nothing wrong with mounting speakers outside the church building.

The one that I don't get is why a church of few congregation that cannot fill their church hall will mount such a loud speaker to disturb the peace of neighbourhood (free church marketing). Imagine have 5 - 6 of such church within your hood?

#IbelongtoJesus
Re: WTF Is Wrong With Nigerian Pastors Putting Speakers Outside To Disturb Everyone by yungEX(m): 7:23am On Oct 05, 2014
Raiders:
Op, why are you interfering with the work of God. The pastor in the church is helping to win souls for christ. You should encourage the church rather complaining on nairaland.
God did not say don't allow pple sleep he said there's tym for err'tin includin sleep
Re: WTF Is Wrong With Nigerian Pastors Putting Speakers Outside To Disturb Everyone by tomiobj(m): 7:41am On Oct 05, 2014
yungEX:

God did not say don't allow pple sleep he said there's tym for err'tin includin sleep
5 different churches. Everyday of d week 2am-4am.thurs. 6pm to 9pm Sundays 5am-7am. 9am to 4pm.

1 Like

Re: WTF Is Wrong With Nigerian Pastors Putting Speakers Outside To Disturb Everyone by tomiobj(m): 7:45am On Oct 05, 2014
Raiders:
. That dosen't mean disturbing everyone from doing their daily activities therefore discouraging them.
You can't win soul for christ by forcing everyone to listen to your whole service making the whole thing irritating
Re: WTF Is Wrong With Nigerian Pastors Putting Speakers Outside To Disturb Everyone by Tallesty1(m): 7:45am On Oct 05, 2014
Raiders:
What are you saying?
Re: WTF Is Wrong With Nigerian Pastors Putting Speakers Outside To Disturb Everyone by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 05, 2014
Were the speakers on in the middle of the night OR were you sleeping during the day?
Re: WTF Is Wrong With Nigerian Pastors Putting Speakers Outside To Disturb Everyone by tomiobj(m): 8:07am On Oct 05, 2014
adeitoro:
If the church building cannot contain the whole worshippers and for the purpose of audability, there is nothing wrong with mounting speakers outside the church building.

The one that I don't get is why a church of few congregation that cannot fill their church hall will mount such a loud speaker to disturb the peace of neighbourhood (free church marketing). Imagine have 5 - 6 of such church within your hood?

#IbelongtoJesus
. Wish I culd get a pic for you. Its a church with ac. Everyone is inside. What they do is that they put two giant speakers on a tall wooden pole. Nd u cn hear d service loud nd clear for lyk 3000 meters
Re: WTF Is Wrong With Nigerian Pastors Putting Speakers Outside To Disturb Everyone by Melahou(m): 10:51am On Oct 05, 2014
It's not proper to mount speakers outside church buildings unless there is no enough space inside and they also use outside for there service...

There should be a policy to check mate all these

(1) (Reply)

What Makes A Good Friend? / See Facebook New Look / Gunmen Kill UNIBEN 300level Student On Campus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.