Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,920 members, 7,828,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

An App You Need - Talemap - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / An App You Need - Talemap (1031 Views)

An App Developed By A Nairalander Makes Headline On Cnet.com / Top Nigerian App You Should Have On Your Phone / With This App You Can Talk Free, Blackberry, Iphone, Android And Pc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An App You Need - Talemap by Zarama7(f): 9:45am On Oct 05, 2014
I want to introduce talemap, a location sharing and managing app. Location sharing apps are blowing up world wide just like chat apps did a while back but I have not seen any in Nigeria so I want to introduce one made by Nigerians and I know it can stand against any out there. Most people don't see the use for location sharing app but it's very useful and that's why it is becoming so popular. Ours offer so many functions and I'm going to highlight some of its uses in this thread to you can see how to apply it. It's available in play store and it's less than 2mb for data conscious users. The download link is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.talemap.android
Re: An App You Need - Talemap by Zarama7(f): 9:59am On Oct 05, 2014
I'm going to give few examples of how you can use talemap.

*A friend is supposed to meet you but due your busy schedule you can't stay at a place and wait, instead of calling everytime you move, you can just use Meet-up in the app and you both see each others position till you are in the same place

*Your wedding or party is coming up and it is in a difficult to describe place, you can just share the location and your friends and family can see the address whether they are on talemap or not

*You want to make recommendations like good restaurants and hotels for someone new in town and you can't meet up just share the location and the person uses Google maps to navigate

*To track your package you bought online from maybe supermart or konga, that's if they adopt it.

*Reduce worrying, if your child or loved one is traveling or visiting a new place, you can practically be with him/her on the journey, cool ha?

*Builds trust, if your spouse or loved one says he/she is in a place or going to a place and for reasons best known to you, you don't believe just ask him/her to share location. The app never lies and can't be tweaked. Let this reason not discourage some please, honesty is the best policy wink
Re: An App You Need - Talemap by Zarama7(f): 10:14am On Oct 05, 2014
More...

*My personal favorite, if you don't go out a lot or you're new in town and someone takes you to an unknown location and you want to know where you are and you don't want to look like a novice or learner, just put on your gps(for speed and accuracy) then put on the app for a while, go to your profile page and you will see where you are ie the address. It works faster outdoors

*The app gives eta(estimated time of arrival) based on the current travel history. If someone is sharing with you so if you're waiting and the person says he'll be there in 30 min, well you can check and confirm, it might actually be 2 hrs

*You can choose to 'show your location' to everyone which can either show the country, state or city you're in depending on you. So if you travel, friends in that place can see you are in town and decide to hang. Note this feature is turned off by default for privacy reasons

All these and lots more can be achieved with talemap so head to play store and download, you can share and send to those in talemap or not in talemap. For those not in talemap they receive this information through text at no cost to sender or receiver, cool ha?
Re: An App You Need - Talemap by 1one: 3:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
Zarama7:
I'm going to give few examples of how you can use talemap.

*A friend is supposed to meet you but due your busy schedule you can't stay at a place and wait, instead of calling everytime you move, you can just use Meet-up in the app and you both see each others position till you are in the same place

*Your wedding or party is coming up and it is in a difficult to describe place, you can just share the location and your friends and family can see the address whether they are on talemap or not

*You want to make recommendations like good restaurants and hotels for someone new in town and you can't meet up just share the location and the person uses Google maps to navigate

*To track your package you bought online from maybe supermart or konga, that's if they adopt it.

*Reduce worrying, if your child or loved one is traveling or visiting a new place, you can practically be with him/her on the journey, cool ha?

*Builds trust, if your spouse or loved one says he/she is in a place or going to a place and for reasons best known to you, you don't believe just ask him/her to share location. The app never lies and can't be tweaked. Let this reason not discourage some please, honesty is the best policy wink

I would have really loved to explore and experience first hand all the possibilities of this app you've listed above, but how can I do that when even after 1hour I've not received the verification code... I use an airtel line. I think your team should look into that... A new app such as yours shouldn't be having such issues because it's very discouraging.

You must agree with me that there are tonnes of apps vying for each person's attention and as such when one stumbles upon an app like this, but is faced with a verification code snag. It leaves one with no other option than to delete and move on to the next app.

I was going to delete the app and just chalk it up to a wasted 2MB download, I've wasted a whole lot more downloading shitty apps, so this is really nothing but I felt oh well "na our own" be this let me just drop my opinion.

Cheers
Re: An App You Need - Talemap by Zarama7(f): 4:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
1one:

I would have really loved to explore and experience first hand all the possibilities of this app you've listed above, but how can I do that when even after 1hour I've not received the verification code... I use an airtel line. I think your team should look into that... A new app such as yours shouldn't be having such issues because it's very discouraging.

You must agree with me that there are tonnes of apps vying for each person's attention and as such when one stumbles upon an app like this, but is faced with a verification code snag. It leaves one with no other option than to delete and move on to the next app.

I was going to delete the app and just chalk it up to a wasted 2MB download, I've wasted a whole lot more downloading shitty apps, so this is really nothing but I felt oh well "na our own" be this let me just drop my opinion.

Cheers
There's a voice call confirmation feature there for that and you can't blame us for that, the service providers in this country are not trying. We tested in other countries and message comes immediately except in Nigeria. We are sorry for that tho, use the voice call if sms does nt work.
Re: An App You Need - Talemap by Zarama7(f): 11:01am On Oct 08, 2014
Please also rate in app store

(1) (Reply)

Can I Use Bb Subscription For Android Through Hotspot? / Help To Unlock Etisalat Easynet Modem / Elephone P7000 Vs. Jiayu S3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.