Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Would You Like To Know The Truth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Like To Know The Truth? (643 Views)

In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? / Dear Nigerian's, Do You Know The Meaning Of These Symbols / The Truth About The Story Of The Woman Who Gave Birth To The Horse-like Creature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Like To Know The Truth? by DoctorAshley(f): 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
DOES GOD REALLY CARE ABOUT US?
why the question arises:we live in a world full of cruelty and injustice.many religion teach that the suffering we experience are Gods will.
WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES:God never causes what is wicked."it is unthinkable for the true God to act wickedly,for the Almighty to do wrong!" says job 34:10.God has a loving purpose for humans.that is why jesus taught us to pray:"our Father in the heavens,let your kingdom come.let ur will take place,as in heaven,also on earth(matthew 6;9,10)God cares so deeply about us that he has gone to great lenghts to make the fulfillment of his purpose a certainty-john 3:16
read also genesis 1:26-28 james 1:13 and 1peter 5:6,7.
WHAT HAPPENS TO US WHEN WE DIE?
why the question arises:most world's religions teach that something inside a person continues living after death.some hold that the dead can harm the living or that God punishes the wicked by condemning them to eternal torment in a fiery hell.
WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES:at death humans cease to exist."the dead know nothing at all",state ecclesiastes 9:5.since the dead cannot know,feel,or expericence anthing ,they cannot harm-help-the living.
what do you think?
Re: Would You Like To Know The Truth? by kadas01(m): 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
Our Creator is an ever loving CREATOR! The "Only Giver" of all good things!

As for life after death, I am fully prepared to live and continue my life over "there" in the "World Beyond"!

I sincerely pray for the Help of The Lord when the "hour" is "right" for me to "transit" into the great Beyond!

Shalom!
Re: Would You Like To Know The Truth? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
DoctorAshley, men have been left to their own devices. The good and the bad alike die, sometimes miserably... It seems to me that the nature of death and the destruction that happen on earth do not matter. What matters is life after death and that is when God will salvage the souls that are his.
P.S Please can I send you a pm?
Re: Would You Like To Know The Truth? by paulGrundy(m): 10:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
DoctorAshley:
DOES GOD REALLY CARE ABOUT US?
why the question arises:we live in a world full of cruelty and injustice.many religion teach that the suffering we experience are Gods will.
WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES:God never causes what is wicked."it is unthinkable for the true God to act wickedly,for the Almighty to do wrong!" says job 34:10.God has a loving purpose for humans.that is why jesus taught us to pray:"our Father in the heavens,let your kingdom come.let ur will take place,as in heaven,also on earth(matthew 6;9,10)God cares so deeply about us that he has gone to great lenghts to make the fulfillment of his purpose a certainty-john 3:16
read also genesis 1:26-28 james 1:13 and 1peter 5:6,7.
WHAT HAPPENS TO US WHEN WE DIE?
why the question arises:most world's religions teach that something inside a person continues living after death.some hold that the dead can harm the living or that God punishes the wicked by condemning them to eternal torment in a fiery hell.
WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES:at death humans cease to exist."the dead know nothing at all",state ecclesiastes 9:5.since the dead cannot know,feel,or expericence anthing ,they cannot harm-help-the living.
what do you think?

Good evening doctor Ashly, smiley

I was tempted to pass by this site, when some points you made caught my attention. Points you made are very familiar with a Jehovah's witness manual--what does the bible really teach.

However I want to ask 3 questions, please be kind enough to answer them.

1. If the dead cease to exist, was jesus lieing when he said father abraham was alive and in heaven? Mattew 8:11

" And I say unto you that many shall come from the east and west and shall sit down with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven"

2. If the answer to number 1 is no, please explain

3. Are you a jehovah's witness?

(1) (Reply)

Powerful Online Daily Devotional (http://divinitytodaydevotional.org) / Religion, Faith: Why Humanity Can’t Exist Without It (a sociological POV) / Is The Bible Word Of God?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.