Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Do You Have Confidence In Inec In Organizing The 2007 Polls? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Have Confidence In Inec In Organizing The 2007 Polls? (1246 Views)

Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Toady: ''I Have No Confidence In This Court'' / Frontpage -- Rivers State Results Comming In--inec Office At Aba Road Phc / 2015 Polls: Trouble Brews In INEC Over N9bn Ballot Papers Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have Confidence In Inec In Organizing The 2007 Polls? by oshkosh(m): 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2006
What do you think of Atiku's recent comment that INEC does not have the trust of Nigerians and therefore is not credible?

I find this comment quote ironic. But that aside,  I think it's a shame that many people in our 'civilized' society will not see through dubious comments like this. My view is that he may be coming to terms that his "president at all cost" project will fail, hence the posturing to discredit the whole electoral process even before it begins. I guess we should expect no more from most of our politicians, blinded by greed and selfishness, completely oblivious to the  chaos and anarchy that could ensue if the 2007 elections fail,

This is a personal opinion, so I'll like to know what y'll think,  angry
Re: Do You Have Confidence In Inec In Organizing The 2007 Polls? by Nutter(m): 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2006
While we should blame our politicians for their greed and hunger for power, we should also not lose sight of the fact that INEC has had its fingers soiled on more than one occasion. INEC remains one of the most corrupt institutions in Nigeria – a mere tool of government and political godfathers. Therefore, do I have any confidence in INEC? My answer is a resounding NO.
Re: Do You Have Confidence In Inec In Organizing The 2007 Polls? by Giorgio: 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2006
while i think iwu has good intentions, he looks to me as a dolphin in a lake with sharks. nutter u really should change ur sig. too inflamatory
Re: Do You Have Confidence In Inec In Organizing The 2007 Polls? by oshkosh(m): 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2006
So given the lack of credibity of 'any' electoral commision set up, is there any point trying? Is the alternative better. Maybe ING, military junta?

My view is that it's not perfect. But we're getting there. Even in civilized nations, it took many decades for the process to be completely autonomous and developed.

I just think Atiku is the last person in the world to complain simply because he's fast loosing influence over the process. Wait a minute. It was he and Audu Ogbeh who allegedly rigged the PDP into winning virtually every ballot. This borders on grandstanding at best and desperation of the very worst kind.
Re: Do You Have Confidence In Inec In Organizing The 2007 Polls? by Nutter(m): 1:00am On Aug 01, 2006
Giorgio:

nutter u really should change your sig. too inflamatory

cheesy

Uncle Giorgio, na wetin na? You see me for dream? My signature is simply expressive of my identity and a general truth. I changed it to what it is now about a month ago because of the proliferation of threads which directly attack my ethnicity and denomination. Surely you have come across these threads whose authors, driven by haughtiness, attempt to incite nothing but hatred.

All my signature does is give them fair warning so when I enter a thread, they can either start baring their fangs at me, or secure their ethnocentric and/or skewed religious views within themselves. If they choose the latter, my ‘humanitarian’ act would have paid off and many an unnecessary argument will be avoided. The choice remains theirs, of course. So, no vex, brother. Na condition cause am. I will however take your request under advisement.

(1) (Reply)

Can The Action Congress (A.C.) Win The 2007 Presidential Election? / Corruption Allegations In Aso Rock! / Black Monday: Robbers Kill Over 30 In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.