Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

How Can One Strike Balance Between His Or Her Career And Passion? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can One Strike Balance Between His Or Her Career And Passion? (586 Views)

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / How To Maintain A Balance Between Saving, Investing And Living Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can One Strike Balance Between His Or Her Career And Passion? by tolubooks: 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
There’s an ongoing battle that most entrepreneurs and high-flying business professionals wage within themselves. And that’s how to balance their time between their personal and professional lives.

When you’re building your own business or passionately pursuing the career of your dreams it’s all too easy to throw yourself into it all hours of the day and night, seven days a week. You become married to your work, often to the detriment of your home life—your relationships with your significant other, your family and your friends.

Let’s face it. While you obviously love your family the truth of the matter is that you also really love your work. But don’t forget the old adage that nobody goes to their grave saying, “I wish I’d spent more time at the office.”

Later in life most executives look back ruefully on the times they missed a wedding anniversary or a special event at their child’s school because they were traveling on business or just “couldn’t get away” from a meeting or conference. Yes, you can convince yourself that you’re putting in all of those extra hours to support your family, but don’t forget that whatever sacrifices you make, your family makes also.

So what can you do to try and strike the right balance between business demands and family?

Morning drive with ToluBooks and Havilah 1 at 7:30am tomorrow. Let's talk about How to Balance your Career and Passion"...live on Wigradio. www.wigradio.com
You can add WiGRadio on Whatsapp via +2348182787706 and get BBM broadcasts via 7A428C6A and you can also call into the program on +2348164445960. God bless you. I celebrate you boss.

Re: How Can One Strike Balance Between His Or Her Career And Passion? by kay29000(m): 11:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
I'm currently going through that phase now, and I have to say it is hard. My family members don't understand what I am trying to do with my passion, and girlfriends always complain that I am selfish or live a weird lifestyle, so I have chosen to remain on my own for now. When I reach a certain level of achievement with my goals, I will take some time out for family and a decent relationship.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Strike Balance Between His Or Her Career And Passion? by tolubooks: 11:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
Thank you for that comment kay, we all face that mountain when people don't believe in what we believe and it's because they can't see what we can see about the future.

My advice, don't stop keep working on your self and keep moving towards your dreams very day. One day they will see and rejoice with you. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Free US Phone Number Or Fax In France, Germany US, Belgium, Holand, Italy. / My Company Is Expanding And Distributors Needed In Your Area) Earn Monthly / How To Earn 100,000naira On A Weekly Basis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.