Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,090 members, 7,863,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Yakubu Gowon's Message At The Eve Of Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Gowon's Message At The Eve Of Democracy (481 Views)

Yakubu Gowon's Son, Musa, Returns After 22Years In Prison / Yakubu Gowon Shaking Hands With, Justin Trudeau Current Canadian Prime Minister / Yakubu Gowon Visits Buhari , Congratulates Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yakubu Gowon's Message At The Eve Of Democracy by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
The Former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon on Tuesday night, September 30th, charged Nigerians to be prayerful for the country even in the face of all odds. He gave this message during a church program to mark Nigeria @54 at Dominion Chapel International, Area 1, Abuja. He spoke at around 11.30pm before the General Overseer of the church, Arch-Bishop John Praise Daniel took over and ushered the congregation into the new month of October 2014. The church was fully decorated in Green and White while the entire congregation appeared in our lovely Nigerian Colours.
One of the Guest Artistes who performed LIVE at the event was Joe Praize. He charged the youths to be focused on what God has for them and their achievements will know no bounds. He added that "I have been an orphan for 18yrs now but that could not stop me from maximizing my potentials in life" He also said that " I now travel round the world to bless lives through my gift. Let nobody tell you that you can't achieve your goals".
General Gowon was accompanied to the event by his beautiful wife and close associates. What baffled me most was the fact that he is an Octogenarian (in his 80s); yet, he looked very strong and agile.

(1) (Reply)

Citizenship, National Law Versus Religion -by Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / Remembering The Chibok Girls --- Femi / Buhari: The Politics Of Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.