Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,505 members, 7,823,180 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Making The Choice - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Making The Choice (2283 Views)

Am I Making The Right Decision? / Why Christians Should Be More Careful On the Choice They Make In This Election / Who Makes The Choice Of Wedding Rings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making The Choice by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kanwulia:

MEANING. . . . .you have invested much valuable time explaining how to use common sense, which has never been common by the way! wink
Thank you
Re: Making The Choice by jumzzy448: 3:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
If you feel he's not supportive of your business dreams, do not marry him.
Re: Making The Choice by ihedinobi2: 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
Unless you are willing to compromise, adapt and accommodate, marrying this dude is going to hurt...him and thus you.
Re: Making The Choice by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
I would have taken u seriously if u were already working and in business and his ambition doesn't meet yours. For now u are still a student who sees everything in rose coloured glasses.

100K may not look like much now but he wouldn't earn that forever.

3 Likes

Re: Making The Choice by Missonas(f): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
Op viewing the world from the eyes of a student.So much enthusiasm smiley.Its good to have plans,best to want to carry them out accordingly but I do not think your boyfriend is the way you see him.he's probably been there and done all that and now jst wants to chill,take life as it is and settle.talk to him about your concern and listen to what he has to say.from there you can make your decisions.you love him,he does to.what gives?
Re: Making The Choice by destante(f): 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
I don't see you being underachieved if indeed you are innately how you described yourself to be. Not all husbands will be fast and active. And his passiveness has not made him underachieved either. Some men need to be pushed to do certain things while you remain respectful to them.
Re: Making The Choice by bukatyne(f): 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
tomatoJos:
I have a little working experience,and I already have a ready network. That's why I would rather marry someone with capital and drive. He wants me to be a civil servant.

Thanks for the response

Did he tell you clearly that he wants you to be a civil servant/a wife that is a civil servant or are you just assuming that is what he wants?

@salary, less than hundred is not much however you both will survive. This again depends on your area. 80k in Ibadan or Ilorin is different from 80k in Lagos or Abuja. Again, 80K in Lekki is different from 80K in Mushin (both in Lagos)
Re: Making The Choice by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
Op life is not always as it seems. I was like u when I was in school I had so many million ideas, infact when I started I blew 3m in a biz that produced no result. From then on my eyes opened, I had to take things slow and steady. I would advise you as a sister to marry this guy if you really love him and build from there. No condition is permanent. Am telling you reality is different from fantasy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

21 Signs It’s Just Sex… Not A Relationship ⁠ / What Is It That You Hate About Nairaland / He Just Sued The School System.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.