Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Showcasing Classic Mazdas - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Showcasing Classic Mazdas (3355 Views)

Showcasing Classic Hondas / Showcasing Classic Toyotas / Showcasing Classic Bmws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Showcasing Classic Mazdas by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 06, 2014
Let's pick on Mazdas next.

Mazda is still the premier entity that is mass producing engines based on the wankel principles.

If you've never driven a rotary engined car before please make sure that you give it a go if the opportunity presents itself. It's not going to be a church deliverance affair but when you nudge the rpm past the mundane 5k rpm that mere engines are limited to and go deep into up to 9k rpm (on some cars or modified cars) then you may hear angels singing.

1 Like

Re: Showcasing Classic Mazdas by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 06, 2014
Some more chrome bumpers.

If it aint't got chrome, it ain't shiat grin

Re: Showcasing Classic Mazdas by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 06, 2014
When the Miata was released in the US, there was a waiting list, there were no test drives given and there was a $5k to $7k dealer markup.

It was like buying cocaine, you would go and make friends with car salesmen and offer them bribes so that your name can mysteriously get on the list or above others.

Mazda have been making AWD cars for a long time, they had the 323 GTX, the Mazdaspeed3 and Mazdaspeed6. Both were turbo but the 6 added AWD.

Re: Showcasing Classic Mazdas by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 06, 2014
And there you go gents.

A little pictorial on Mazdas.

Again, I'm an old skool guy, I like old cars.

Re: Showcasing Classic Mazdas by yungboss(m): 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
It is surprising how some manufacturers stick to certain tradition, the wankel engine. Where is the RX-8...one of my favorite sports cars...
Re: Showcasing Classic Mazdas by peterjero(m): 10:23pm On Oct 06, 2014
Surprisingly I've not seen the miata in my area in nigeria.
Re: Showcasing Classic Mazdas by yungboss(m): 11:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
peterjero:
Surprisingly I've not seen the miata in my area in nigeria.
seen a few of them in my area, well beaten though.
Re: Showcasing Classic Mazdas by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
yungboss:

seen a few of them in my area, well beaten though.

Yeah I see one in Ibadan and it was only upon very close up view that I recognized it as a Miata, it was completely trashed. I wept silently for that car.
Re: Showcasing Classic Mazdas by clemz85(m): 8:14am On Oct 07, 2014
i thought this was gunno be a picture oriented thread
Re: Showcasing Classic Mazdas by auhanson(m): 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
I need to cruise that coffee colour truck and the spreading trunk oversize sedan

(1) (Reply)

Car Change Of Ownership. / How Profitable Is Cab Business In Abuja / Mazda Cx7 2008 Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.