Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

If God Was Created Out Of Nothing, Humans Must Also Have - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Was Created Out Of Nothing, Humans Must Also Have (694 Views)

In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? / God Was WITH God / Did You Know That Jesus Christ Being God Was Decided By Vote? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Was Created Out Of Nothing, Humans Must Also Have by ojimbo(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2014
Hello nairalanders, trust you all had a lovely weekend.
Something really is bordering my mind about creationalism.
The christian holy book describe God as the creator of the whole universe and everything that is in. Never the less book of Genesis also stated that God created man in his own image which implies that God must have posses the same features as man.
The greatest confussion of the creation was that religion believes that God was created out of nothing and yet He(God) created man in his own image.
My thoughts: if we should belive that God in the image of man was created out of nothing, wont it be possible to believe that man was also created out of nothing.
Am just an agnostic trying to create sense out of nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Was Created Out Of Nothing, Humans Must Also Have by since2005(f): 9:31am On Oct 06, 2014
The best thing for you to do is read your bible and pray for understanding

1 Like

Re: If God Was Created Out Of Nothing, Humans Must Also Have by ojimbo(m): 9:37am On Oct 06, 2014
since2005:
The best thing for you to do is read your bible and pray for understanding
my dear, no need for research or going to read bible or koran, if you have any contribution to make, try and state it here so that others can learn also
Re: If God Was Created Out Of Nothing, Humans Must Also Have by MightySparrow: 9:38am On Oct 06, 2014
ojimbo:
The christian holy book describe God as the creator of the whole universe and everything that is in. Never the less book of Genesis also stated that God created man in his own image which implies that God must have posses the same features as man.
The greatest confussion of the creation was that religion believes that God was created out of nothing and yet He(God) created man in his own image.
My thoughts: if we should belive that God in the image of man was created out of nothing, wont it be possible to believe that man was also created out of nothing.

Why is there so much attacks on the BIBLE AND NOT on other writs e.g. Quran, Veda, etc?
Re: If God Was Created Out Of Nothing, Humans Must Also Have by ojimbo(m): 9:42am On Oct 06, 2014
MightySparrow:

Why is there so much attacks on the BIBLE AND NOT on other writs e.g. Quran, Veda, etc?
probably because it claims supremacy above all other holy book
Re: If God Was Created Out Of Nothing, Humans Must Also Have by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 06, 2014
Just to set yall straight,The bible says that dude created us in his own image and likeness meaning I'm like him if not the way I live is b-a-s-t-a-r-d-l-y,Now picture this,Homo sapiens are thinking man,for the fact that the dude thought of creating me in his own image means he's human cus he can think and for me to be in his image and likeness I also can think meaning--NO POWER ON THIS EARTH IS ABOVE THE POTENTIALS THAT EXIST AMONG MEN!!! I bet 90% of people wouldn't understand this because their mind is confined to one inaccurate 66pages of storybook
Re: If God Was Created Out Of Nothing, Humans Must Also Have by ojimbo(m): 11:04am On Oct 06, 2014
aaronson:
Just to set yall straight,The bible says that dude created us in his own image and likeness meaning I'm like him if not the way I live is b-a-s-t-a-r-d-l-y,Now picture this,Homo sapiens are thinking man,for the fact that the dude thought of creating me in his own image means he's human cus he can think and for me to be in his image and likeness I also can think meaning--NO POWER ON THIS EARTH IS ABOVE THE POTENTIALS THAT EXIST AMONG MEN!!! I bet 90% of people wouldn't understand this because their mind is confined to one inaccurate 66pages of storybook
thanks for ur contribution
Re: If God Was Created Out Of Nothing, Humans Must Also Have by Orunto: 11:33am On Oct 06, 2014
The Bible(the Book of Believers and this includes all sane humans in all nations) describe God(not physical, but wholly Spirit) as the creator of the whole universe and everything that is in it. Never the less, the book of Genesis in the Bible also stated that God created man in his own image which implies that God possesses the same nature, as to planning and control, as He made in man. God was never created. He was there in Spirit in the beginning. It was His Spirit, operating a formless situation that caused the explosion that gave rise to Light which your latent dumb scientists describe as "The Big Bang". So you don't create Spirit that you can't see. All spirits are there, abstracts, you don't see them but they see you. Devil is a very common governing spirit on earth. It sees us before God 'cos it is always there in our subconscious Selves. It is the spirit that makes us very selfish. An agnostic and the athiest are insane humans. They believe in feelings but not in thoughts and reasonings and for that they alwas talks no sense out of every commonsensible topic.
Re: If God Was Created Out Of Nothing, Humans Must Also Have by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2014
ojimbo:

1) Man's likeness to God is not in our physical attributes but in the non-physical part of man e.g our souls. God took the Physical attribute of man in Jesus when He took flesh and lived amongst us.

2) God was not created and He most certainly did not come from "nothing". God is! He has always existed because it is his nature to exist.

I wonder where you got your information from!
Re: If God Was Created Out Of Nothing, Humans Must Also Have by Ubenedictus(m): 11:57am On Oct 06, 2014
ojimbo:

my dear i think you are under the influence of some untrue new age teaching.

First of all.

God is uncreated, God isn't created out of nothing. God is existence itself, he wasn't created. He has always existed.

Secondly, when scriptures say we are made in his likeness it is simply refering to the fact that He created us like himself in mainly 3 ways, that is, OUR INTELLECT, OUR UNDERSTANDING AND OUR WILL. It is in these that we are alike to God, we can think for ourselves, understand, and make choices.
Re: If God Was Created Out Of Nothing, Humans Must Also Have by Boland(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
Who told you God was created out of nothing?

(1) (Reply)

Christian Couple Killed For ‘desecrating Koran’ In Pakistan (muslims Why? / Is Jesus The Creator God? / Christians What Do You Think Atheists Would do When They Discover GOD Exists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.