Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,034 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? (1146 Views)

Charles Darwin To Receive Apology From D Church Of England 4 Rejecting Evolution / Wat Does D Bible Say Bout Women Who Wear Trousers / Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? by godonzoki(m): 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
From the book of Wisdom, Wisdom they say is the principal thing an in all thy getting, get wisdom (Proverbs 4:7).
I hv realized over time that, majority of d intending couples who go to the altar 4 solemnization of Holy Matrimony, do that on the basis of lies.
I say that bc, most times, the couples r being asked by the church, hv you people ever had sex before?
The Answer is usually NO even when its obvious that they might even be leaving together @ dat time.
This is usually so because of the fear that, the church will not conduct the wedding as Holy matrimony rather, converting the occasion to a marriage blessing.
Its the desire and earnest prayer of Every lady to cover a veil on her wedding day wch connote purity and virginity bt bc of circumstances or pressure, the virginity is lost wch doesn't means its d end of her chances of covering a veil.
1 Cor 7: 36 n 37
" 36 But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry. 37 Nevertheless he that standeth stedfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed in his heart that he will keep his virgin, doeth well. "

Above was the Situation Joseph found him self cos He had d grace to stay with Mary the mother of Jesus bt never behaved uncomely towards her that's why She was the Mother of Jesus. But Apostle Paul says, " let him do what he will, he sinneth not but after doing d THING, let them marry. Ɣ‎​ then is the church now segregating thus making couples lie?

These scripture from my own perspective, gives room 4 intending couple to still be joined together in holy matrimony or marriage blessing which ever the couples choose bc it is better to join a couple who hv had sex b4 and intend to marry than make them hv to lie in order to b joined in holy matrimony. Infact, marriage blessings should b @ d instance of the fact that, they may hv had a child before wch is evident to the fact that they may have been living together.

This issue of refusing to join a female frnd of mine to an intending spouse on the basis that, they had sex b4 made her left the guy in search of a new man to marry. This has kept her 7 yrs running, still looking 4 a fresh dude to marry so sh can wear a veil. The guy in question got married to some other girl and has a 6yr old son and a 4yr old daughter.

I think the church is not helping bc a lot of ppl hv lied so that they will wear d veil thus, making the foundation of d marriage faulty.[b][/b]
Re: Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
Some churches are fountain of 'Lie-nus's and pretender's'..
Re: Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? by Kirinwa: 1:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
Op should churches now conduct virginity test? I know a good number do pregnancy testing.

Only about 20% ladies marry as virgins.
Re: Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? by Kirinwa: 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
Mzmariah dearie how are you doing? kiss
Re: Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? by olaric(m): 1:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
The Church is not forcing anyone to lie. It's just a matter of looking for alternative means of getting married as the Church says it wants to stick with its rules. The courts/registeries are also there. People fall into sins of pre-marital sex, but that doesn't mean God will cast them away forever. God is merciful and forgiving, so who are we as humans? If anyone lies during a marriage interview, that's his/her business, not the fault of the Church.
Re: Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? by godonzoki(m): 2:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kirinwa:
Op should churches now conduct virginity test? I know a good number do pregnancy testing.

Only about 20% ladies marry as virgins.
No. That's absolutely not neccessary. What I mean here is that the church should not use d yadstic of if they hv ever had sex before to determine if they should b join in holy matrimony
Re: Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? by godonzoki(m): 2:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
olaric:
The Church is not forcing anyone to lie. It's just a matter of looking for alternative means of getting married as the Church says it wants to stick with its rules. The courts/registeries are also there. People fall into sins of pre-marital sex, but that doesn't mean God will cast them away forever. God is merciful and forgiving, so who are we as humans? If anyone lies during a marriage interview, that's his/her business, not the fault of the Church.
What rules? Apostle paul says, the couple sinneth not so long as they make sure they marry. Most churches do conduct a marriage 4 them but what I don't like is the fact that, they conduvt marriage blessing instead of holy matrimony. The couple lie bc they want holy matrimony not marriage blessing
Re: Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kirinwa:
Mzmariah dearie how are you doing? kiss
Lol. I'm good o.

1 Like

Re: Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
This is a tricky one.

Any organisation (including churches) have a right to come up with their rules. If you are not happy with it, please go somewhere else. There are many churches that will marry couples that are not virgins or even those that have pregnant wives. So if you want to marry and your church says they wouldn't marry you because you had sex previously, please, just go to another church.
Re: Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? by Kirinwa: 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
godonzoki:

No. That's absolutely not neccessary. What I mean here is that the church should not use d yadstic of if they hv ever had sex before to determine if they should b join in holy matrimony

Seriously? shocked
That's a new one. So the church should now bend and twist the Bible to wed fornicators in holy matrimony abi? When the Bible clearly said in the book that The marriage bed should be undefiled.Even stated that God would judge them for engaging in 'grasshopper style' before wedding.
Re: Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? by godonzoki(m): 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kirinwa:

Seriously? shocked
That's a new one. So the church should now bend and twist the Bible to wed fornicators in holy matrimony abi? When the Bible clearly said in the book that The marriage bed should be undefiled.Even stated that God would judge them for engaging in 'grasshopper style' before wedding.

Pls sight the reference. Am here to learn. It wz jst my opinion though. I sighted my basis so pls sight yours with explanation.
The Bible only said in Heb 13:4 "Parallel Verses
New International Version
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
Meaning, if U go galivanting afta marriage, be ready to face d music of God's judgment. I don't c how that stops the church frm conducting Holy matrimony 4 an intending couple who hv repented and want to wed.

(1) (Reply)

A / It's Plain Sense / Sermon Jotters: Watch Out For The Consequences {revisited}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.