Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Does Coca Cola Cures Or Cause Headache? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Coca Cola Cures Or Cause Headache? (1032 Views)

Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / Sex, Food, Can Cause Headache / Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Coca Cola Cures Or Cause Headache? by nikkypearl(f): 5:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
I have been having a terrible migraine since thursday,I went to the hospital ,I did so many tests,and a particular one which am not so sure of ,because it was one strange white equipment that was used( I suspected ebola test tho' angry ) but I was told it was a normal headache.
The ache persisted after using the drugs prescribed till around 12noon today,so I decided to surf on line for possible home remedies!
I read bou' coke,I went to the frigde immediately I sipped 50cl,trust me after 10minutes till now,it disappeared! shocked please is there any one with similar experience?this is a great miracle!

You can read what I discovered on line too!
[ Dr. Kathleen Digre, fellow of the American Academy of Neurology and director of Headache and Neuro-ophthalmology Division at the University of Utah in Salt Lake:

"The thing about caffeine and headache is that's it's complex, because it's both. Caffeine can be useful for the onset of headaches when taken with pain medications.
"There are certain headaches, called hypnic headaches, that can be prevented with caffeine. Hypnic headaches are a rare headache seen in elderly individuals that starts after they fall asleep. Drinking a bit of coffee before you go to sleep can prevent hypnic headaches. Caffeine is also used in post-lumbar puncture headaches [which can occur after a person undergoes a spinal tap].
"For other types of headaches, sometimes caffeine is a cure when it's put in combination with many pain medicines such as acetaminophen, aspirin, ibuprofen, indomethacin and ergotamine. Caffeine increases the strength of the medication and how quickly it works.
"But caffeine is a two-edged sword. The other side of the coin is if you take a lot of caffeine and then stop it, you can have a withdrawal headache. A lot of people drink coffee during the week, and then don't have it on the weekends, and they get a headache.
"If you take caffeine every day, especially with the medications to stop a headache, it can give people severe chronic rebound or medication-overuse headaches.
"While many people believe caffeine cures headaches because it is a vasoconstrictor, caffeine has minimal vasoconstrictive properties; it's ability to help headaches is related to its complex properties in the pain pathways. It is not just due to a vasoconstriction that's an oversimplification."

(1) (Reply)

How's The Cold In Your Area And How Best Are You Dealing With it? / Why You Should Not Take Milk And Diary / Trying To Conceive At The Age Of 35 And Beyond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.