Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children (4991 Views)

Housemaid Bites Mother of 3 To Death / Cartoon Of Madam Do The Needful / Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by SisiJinx: 1:53am On Nov 10, 2008
Amid the tribal in fighting, the everyone for only their own mentality which plagues Nigerians, rises Mama Ekundayo. A Nigerian woman who in 1969 decided to dedicate her life to caring for abandoned children. As of 2008 Mama Ekundayo has mothered over 470 children. . . from all tribes, all parts of Nigeria, tall, short, fat, thin, brown eye, black haired. . . 

This song by Ty Bello is dedicated to Mama Ekundayo. . . Mama Rere.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgJ3pk_tQkA&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by Shaz(f): 2:04am On Nov 10, 2008
Now that's a song and a half. Tis really good.

Plus, the kongaz and talking drum ifektz were mad inspiring. smiley

Just when you think hospitality is waning, you see those that touch people's lives.
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by Shaz(f): 2:15am On Nov 10, 2008
Darn! I've listened to this song 5 times now. Awesomely beautiful.
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by SisiJinx: 2:41am On Nov 10, 2008
LOL, I know what you mean. . . would listen to it all day every day if I could stop the goose bumpy feeling I get each time I hear Mama's voice. smiley
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by Shaz(f): 3:10am On Nov 10, 2008
Lol. .
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by bawomolo(m): 5:48am On Nov 10, 2008
aww beautiful song
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by SisiJinx: 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2008
bawomolo:

aww beautiful song

For a beautiful woman! To bad Nigerians don't recognize good work like this, even though I doubt mama cares to be recognized but still it would be nice. . . you know, A Mother Teresa type thing.
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by lucabrasi(m): 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2008
i saw it on facebook and i was blown away,the woman is purely selfless in everything she s been doing another fact which is shocking is that only 2% or so of children in orphanages are adopted as the nigerian society frowns upon it
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by spikedcylinder: 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2008
Gosh. What I would give to be so selfless. . . . . sad
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by ninmsy: 11:28am On Jan 16, 2009
I cried when i heard this song on Nigezie today for the first time! God bless TY Bello. To think i am from Kori state and never heard of Mama and her Orphanage, i feel so ashamed but i have decided to get in touch with Ty and see how i can help in my own lil way.
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by JJYOU: 11:37am On Jan 16, 2009
ninmsy:

I cried when i heard this song on Nigezie today for the first time! God bless TY Bello. To think i am from Kori state and never heard of Mama and her Orphanage, i feel so ashamed but i have decided to get in touch with Ty and see how i can help in my own lil way.
please when you get the details of this lady could you kindly update this link. i am interested https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=178760.msg3343996#msg3343996

thanks
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by ninmsy: 10:25pm On Jan 18, 2009
will sure do.
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by Sapphic: 8:35pm On Jan 21, 2009
What touched me the most was the old woman talking/praying at the beginning and end of the video.
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by ojixy(m): 2:07am On Mar 23, 2010
I can never get tired of this song, and it wont stop bringing tears to my eyes,because this is a poor woman,though richer than most of us esp our policy makers in so many ways.
God bless T.Y Bello,for this great song

Mama said and i quote " HOW CAN I EAT WHEN MY CHILDREN ARE STARVING"
MY JOY OVERFLOWS,
I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY GOD CHOOSE ME,
BUT I AM MOST FULFILLED BY MY WORK WITH THE CHILDREN,
I HAVEN'T DONE THIS BY MY OWN WISDOM, I KEEP ASKING GOD TO SHOW ME HOW,
AND HE KEEPS WORKING MIRACLES"
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by treylaw: 2:37am On Jan 01, 2011
Welldone mama Ekundayo! God bless you!
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by otikpoko(m): 4:45pm On Jan 01, 2011
Please some provide me with the download link to this song, thanks!!
Re: Meet Madam Ekundayo - Mother Of 470 Children by ojixy(m): 6:43pm On Jan 01, 2011
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgJ3pk_tQkA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgJ3pk_tQkA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Nigeria Flag As Background Of Your Picture On Facebook / 30 Unedited Pictures That You Won’t Believe Are Real / Is Nigerian Police Your Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.