Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,648 members, 7,861,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:00 AM

Noble's Eyes - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Noble's Eyes (589 Views)

MY BIAFRAN EYES: AN ACCOUNT OF THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR BY OKEY NDIBE / Newest Realeases From Barrnes And Noble(bn.com) - Micostar Mall / Why Did Wole Soyinka Win The 1986 Noble Prize For Literature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Noble's Eyes by noble4d(m): 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
" You can only tell a blind man about the absence of oil in a soup not salt".

Hallo to my noble nairalanders, here is an abode for all poem lovers who wish to improve their knowledge in the work of poetry.

I have read several poems here in the literature section, some are marvelous while some needs little touches. I have always wanted to create this thread long time ago, but time was my greatest hindrance.

"Hmmm... A child who has learn how to climb a tree, will always have a strong heart that can never be broken by any circumstances". I battled with time physically, psychologically and spiritually, and to God be the glory... I'm free for the mean time.

Hello poetry lovers, its a great pleasure to reveal what is concealed in my noble heart to you all.

As I stated earlier, I have read beautiful poems here in Nairaland that touched my noble heart...what disturbed me most is that the poets keeps going the same direction...that is to say, they only write sonnet, elegy/dirge, narrative poem, haiku, traditional poem, ode, and romantic poem. poetry is like the food we eat, they are different. I know I'm writing too much, this is how I am when things bothers me.

I hereby call upon all Nairaland writers and readers to contribute, teach, learn and pour out their thought and ideas because this is the genre of language, rhymes and emotion. I salute you.

Welcome to Noble's eyes (The abode of learning).
Re: Noble's Eyes by noble4d(m): 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
let's start with a kennings......

A Kenning is a two word phrase describing an
object often using a metaphor . A Kennings poem
is a riddle made up of several lines of kennings to
describe something or someone.

A Kennings poem consists of several stanzas of
two describing words. It can be made up of any
number of Kennings.

For example:

My little sister

Dummy-sucker
Teddy-thrower
Anything-chewer

Kiss-giver
Slave-employer
Dolly-hugger
Calm-destroyer

Milk-drinker
Nappy-leaker
Peace-breaker
Scream-shrieker

Unlike any other
My little sister

Why don't you try writing a kennings poem. let's see what you got....

(1) (Reply)

Ife Tooto! / Iya Alata / Please Where Can I Get The Soft Copy Of "EVERYWOMAN"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.