Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,195 members, 7,815,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

"Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor (1202 Views)

Suntai Leaves Govt. House; Packs Into House Bought For Him By His Deputy / Supreme Court Orders Taraba Acting Governor Removed, Deputy Sworn In / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by ShehuAba(m): 6:28am On Oct 07, 2014
The acting governor of Taraba State,
Alhaji Garba Umar, has disclosed that his
principal, Governor Danbaba Danfulani
Suntai, is missing.
Umar, who stated this yesterday in
Jalingo during a media chat with
journalists, said that he had not set his
eyes on his boss, Governor Suntai, since
he was smuggled into the country by a
certain cabal.

“Few of my aides and I were already at
the domestic wing of the airport to
receive my boss but, unknowingly to me,
the cabal was already waiting at the
international wing of the airpot where the
plane conveying my boss was directed to
land.
When I got to know that the plane landed
at the international wing, I rushed to the
place to receive him, but he was in a jeep
which immediately drove him to T.Y.
Danjuma Lodge,” he said.
He added that the cabal, which
surrounded the ailing Suntai, was holding
him hostage in order to hold onto power
to the detriment of his health.

He called on citizens of state to eschew
religious differences and work towards
unity in the state.
“I thank God this year’s sallah was
peaceful; peace has returned to some of
the crisis areas in the state. And I have
also constituted a reconciliation
committee to ensure that those who fled
their homes because of crisis return,” he
noted.
He assured sons and daughters of the
state that his administration would
continue to work to ensure that all
Tarabans enjoys the dividend of
democracy.

However, a former commissioner for
information in the state, Mr. Emmanuel
Bello, told LEADERSHIP on phone that
Suntai was not missing.
He explained that governor Suntai was
doing well and would soon return to the
state to continue his business of
governance.
“Since our dear governor returned from
his medical trip, he has been at the
Governor’s Lodge, otherwise called T.Y.
Danjuma House, located at Asokoro in
Abuja,” Bello said.

He stressed that the acting governor,
Umar, was only waiting for this tenure to
elapse, and that after the expiration of
Suntai’s administration that brought him
as deputy governor, he would pack his
luggage out of Government House.
Efforts to speak with Governor Suntai’s
senior special adviser on media and
publicity, Mr. Slyvanus Giwa, were futile
as his telephone lines were not going
through at the time of filing this report.

http://leadership.ng/news/386286/taraba-acting-governor-declares-suntai-missing
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by ShehuAba(m): 6:30am On Oct 07, 2014
This Suntai matter can't stop amazing me.

PDP: People's Deceiving Party.

Always deceiving and politicizing Issues.

Soon, Another story will show face.

4 Likes

Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by echobee(f): 6:31am On Oct 07, 2014
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by philantoxx(m): 6:34am On Oct 07, 2014
a classic yaradua style saga

2 Likes

Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by blognetbase(m): 6:37am On Oct 07, 2014
27 year old Indonesian, Mayang Prasetyo, believed to be a transgender , was killed. #SocialAds

Read More:
http:///social/44/29232
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 07, 2014
What is it with all this people and smuggling of their leaders, as if na contraband?
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by chinwike2(m): 6:56am On Oct 07, 2014
Chai ! Just like that
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by Omolecturer(m): 6:58am On Oct 07, 2014
#BringBackOurMissingSuntai.

1 Like

Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by Willybos(m): 6:59am On Oct 07, 2014
Is very stupid ov calling danbaba suntai his boss ov all dis dogmatic habit dat he has develop in the state, riot, crisis, war an injustices may God punish all his supporters in advanced

1 Like

Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by eunisam: 7:03am On Oct 07, 2014
Part of Nigeria politics! Wickednessss
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by kekakuz(m): 7:10am On Oct 07, 2014
this is not the first time this is happening
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by omenka(m): 7:11am On Oct 07, 2014
ShehuAba:

How do you "politicise" something that is political Some of una sha.

Well, what is happening in Taraba is a complete shame and travesty. The tone and precedence for such lawlessness was set by the Yar' Adua's fiasco and now the people of Taraba state have taken it a step further. When those behind this are left to go unpunished, it is a sure bet that someone else would do it again in future.

This is totally wrong in all ramifications.

2 Likes

Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by Descartes: 7:14am On Oct 07, 2014
Things have been missing in Nigeria since 500BC angry
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by Descartes: 7:14am On Oct 07, 2014
This man has been so desperate . angry
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by brainpower(m): 7:17am On Oct 07, 2014
To me this case is a very easy case. That man can't perform his duties and as such should be removed. Where are the Human Right activists when you need them? Joe Odumakin, Femi Falana and the Prof. Wole soyinka. Where are their Imams? Or is it cos this one doesn't directly involve the presidency? This country is in shambles. And the acting governor doesn't know how to go about it. Everyone can see through him that he wants power by all means and that's why they will keep fighting him. When it happened to GEJ, he was behaving like someone who didn't even want the position in the first place. We have dumb politicians ruling us. They don't read, very few of them have the cunning of politics and that's why someone can come on national news and acuse the president of committing genocide without proof. Where is he now?
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by courage54(m): 7:25am On Oct 07, 2014
I don't have anytin to say.

All I no is Buhari for 2015 in him we have a hope of a better and corrupt free Nigeria. In him we will have discipline in every sector of our economy.
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by Gboliwe: 7:37am On Oct 07, 2014
ShehuAba:

Oyibo! tongue People will just be talking and using words anyhow. Whether it fits or not. Kai! Great Nigerian youths!

So Suntai still wants to be the head when he has no head? this our northern cabal mumu sha.
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by Demdem(m): 7:39am On Oct 07, 2014
Descartes:
This man has been so desperate . angry

Which of them?
The governor that ought to have been sacked for being incapable to perform his duties for years or the deputy that can't see his boss after several trials.
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by lawkie77(m): 7:39am On Oct 07, 2014
Danbaba de suntai,head or tail i must hang on he said to himself
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by PresidentAde(m): 8:20am On Oct 07, 2014
*** The Deputy is as Useless as Suntail Himself ***
The State house of Assembly is More Useless...
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 07, 2014
This war of attrition is more religious than political. The Christian majority in Taraba don't want to lose power to the Muslim minority.

this political impasse would have been settled if a Christian deputy holds sway.
Re: "Suntai Is Missing": Taraba Acting Governor by Decapo: 10:10am On Oct 07, 2014
Suntai again?

(1) (Reply)

If Buhari Picks Fashola As Presidential Running Mate, Jonathan ‘ll Be Defeated / NIU Recognizes Ademusiwa As The Emperor Of Yoruba / A Note Of Warning To APC- Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.