Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA (2399 Views)

Deleting Priority Projects Of A Govt Is An Economic Crime - Wole Solanke / Ayade Begging To Join APC — Chieftain / Photos: Thugs Loyal To PDP Allegedly Attack APC Chieftain In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Idumose(m): 8:59am On Oct 07, 2014
Let me quote him,

‎​
barcanista:

You are right but you can't expect a government to do the fixes in 8years, however, he has to make considerable progress and hope that his predecessor continues with the leftover projects and fix where is left. This is the story of Lagos, Started by Bola Tinubu, fashola continued with the plan and we should elect someone that won't for political reasons truncate the progress of BAT and BRF

https://www.nairaland.com/1936758/deplorable-state-meiran-road-lagos

If Fashola,who remains the "best performing governor" APC has produced cannot fix 60% of Lagos roads in 7years,how do you expect Jonathan to fix all Nigerian roads in 4 years? Is Jonathan a magician?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by yuncka: 9:07am On Oct 07, 2014
What a pathetic excuse.

My broda pack well. Me am gunnin for Johnna but dis excuse isn't valid.

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Idumose(m): 9:11am On Oct 07, 2014
Here is another post from a nairalander in defense of their master;

‎​
berem:

Tell your 19yrs old daughter to join nairaland. I think she has a lot to contribute to this forum more than you do. She will be ashamed of the bold comment you just made. Explain to her why in 4yrs of Jonathan administration,he cannot fix 50percent of the bad roads in Igbo land

Did Jonathan go to aso rock to be the representative of ndigbo?
Is Jonathan the president of south east?

13 Likes

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 07, 2014
Idumose:
Here is another post from a nairalander in defense of their master;

‎​

Did Jonathan go to aso rock to be the representative of ndigbo?
Is Jonathan the president of south east?
so you had to open a thread to prove what? I am yet to get a response from the person I quoted so mind your business.
Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 07, 2014
berem:
so you had to open a thread to prove what? I am yet to get a response from the person I quoted so mind your business.
The standard with which APC is measured should be that with which PDP is measured, that's what he is saying. If Barcanista doesn't expect Fashola to fix the problems of Lagos State in 8 years, why then are you guys in APC making so much noise about Jonathan who's been in office for only four years.
Your hypocrisy has been exposed.

11 Likes

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Longeria(m): 10:05am On Oct 07, 2014
APContherun:

The standard with which APC is measured should be that with which PDP is measured, that's what he is saying. If Barcanista doesn't expect Fashola to fix the problems of Lagos State in 8 years, why then are you guys in APC making so much noise about Jonathan who's been in office for only four years.
On point.

10 Likes

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 07, 2014
When quoting please always endeavour to get my message.

You are right but you can't expect a government to do the fixes in 8years, however, he has to make considerable progress and hope that his predecessor continues with the leftover projects and fix where is left. This is the story of Lagos, Started by Bola Tinubu, fashola continued with the plan and we should elect someone that won't for political reasons truncate the progress of BAT and BRF
The Bold is what is lacking in Jonathan/PDP's government.

3 Likes

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 07, 2014
barcanista:
When quoting please always endeavour to get my message.

The Bold is what is lacking in Jonathan/PDP's government.

Well you aint the only one who has a definition of 'considerable progress' which you are willing to ascribe to Fashola alone. Read Femi Aribasala's take on Jonathan's supposed cluelessness.
https://www.nairaland.com/1936933/femi-aribisala-goodluck-jonathan-really#26932819.

Only diehard opponents like you will deny the progress that have been made, the changes Jonathan has brought in so short a time. Like I always say, you guys at the APC are do hypocritical you don't know when you box yourself into a corner.

9 Likes

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by kel4soft: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2014
APContherun:

Well you aint the only one who has a definition of 'considerable progress' which you are willing to ascribe to Fashola alone. Read Femi Aribasala's take on Jonathan's supposed cluelessness.
https://www.nairaland.com/1936933/femi-aribisala-goodluck-jonathan-really#26932819.

Only diehard opponents like you will deny the progress that have been made, the changes Jonathan has brought in so short a time. Like I always say, you guys at the APC are do hypocritical you don't know when you box yourself into a corner.

Federal Government is faaaking rich. They take 52% of oil money, Tax. You know much custom makes in a year? FG is too rich.

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by talktimi(m): 11:23am On Oct 07, 2014
By land mass and population density, Lagos is bigger than Nigeria so you can't expect Fashola to complete all roads in the state in 8yrs. Gej is incompetent, he should have rehabilitated all federal roads in Nigeria under 2yrs then use another 2yrs for state and LG roads

lipsrsealed undecided

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Nnewi1stSon: 11:26am On Oct 07, 2014
kel4soft:

Federal Government is faaaking rich. They take 52% of oil money, Tax. You know much custom makes in a year? FG is too rich.
Lagos's IGR is equivalent to the budget of some regions in Nigeria, quit playing the ostrich. They are all thieves, both parties.

4 Likes

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 07, 2014
kel4soft:

True that but at the same time has more responsibilities than the Lagos State Govt. Lagos State Govt is only responsible for Lagos State alone but the FG is responsible for Lahos State, 35 other states and the FCT abi no bi so?
Besides, Lagos State is building on already established infrastructure by the FG given its status as a former federal capital.

6 Likes

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by kel4soft: 11:36am On Oct 07, 2014
Nnewi1stSon:
Lagos's IGR is equivalent to the budget of some regions in Nigeria, quit playing the ostrich. They are all thieves, both parties.

I don't agree with you. Lagos State is developed and densely populated with humans and structures more than some mentioned regions. Yet, it depends on Federal Allocation that is same with some unproductive state. Fashola has done great job.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 07, 2014
talktimi:
By land mass and population density, Lagos is bigger than Nigeria so you can't expect Fashola to complete all roads in the state in 8yrs. Gej is incompetent, he should have rehabilitated all federal roads in Nigeria under 2yrs then use another 2yrs for state and LG roads

lipsrsealed undecided
I tire my brother, this APC guys can reason ehhh.

4 Likes

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by kel4soft: 11:44am On Oct 07, 2014
APContherun:

True that but at the same time has more responsibilities than the Lagos State Govt. Lagos State Govt is only responsible for Lagos State alone but the FG is responsible for Lahos State, 35 other states and the FCT abi no bi so?
Besides, Lagos State is building on already established infrastructure by the FG given its status as a former federal capital.

Yes I agree, most of those so called former status infrastructures are dilapidated . For example at Buknor, Jakande estate where all roads built so many years ago have failed. Fashola is now fixing them. Same as other parts of Lagos. From Ajao to Oshodi. Is enormous. Can you say Ikotun road is part of former federal capital status now?

1 Like

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by talktimi(m): 12:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
APContherun:

I tire my brother, this APC guys can reason ehhh.
grin I no talk anything o
Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by tomakint: 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
Idumose you sef dey fall pesin hand wetin those clowns know about politics let alone 'Nigeria Politics' undecided if one is not spamming this section with unnecessary 'I-too-know' topics the other is busy looking for unwary male Nairalander to 'hook with' so these are the clowns you are wasting your time with? Stop making them feel counted in the scheme of things....they are UNSTABLE species. cool

6 Likes

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by talktimi(m): 1:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
tomakint:
Idumose you sef dey fall pesin hand wetin those clowns know about politics let alone 'Nigeria Politics' undecided if one is not spamming this section with unnecessary 'I-too-know' topics the other is busy looking for unwary male Nairalander to 'hook with' so these are the clowns you are wasting your time with? Stop making them feel counted in the scheme of things....they are UNSTABLE species. cool
laaakuli shocked who has been trying to hook up with male nairalanders like a common akwuna ? What a disgrace

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
APContherun:

You see why I no longer engage APC dogs in politics talks? to them what is good for pdp is not good for apc. Ndi Ara

4 Likes

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
Nnewi1stSon:
And whose Economic Policy brought the increased IGR?
Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
kel4soft:

Blame our national house of assembly for failing to do the needful.

Making Nigeria a true federalism depends on them.
Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
Nnewi1stSon:

PDP=APC
Recycling of thieves
Same criminal gang divided into two groups.

The joke is on the gullible masses that have also been divided into two gullible groups supporting each of the criminal gangs tagged PDP & APC.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by tomakint: 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2014
talktimi:
laaakuli shocked who has been trying to hook up with male nairalanders like a common akwuna ? What a disgrace
Lol @ 'laakuli' grin grin it's been long I heard that word grin of course you know what I am talking about timi grin you know say I no dey lie!
Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by ayindejimmy(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
APContherun:

this was where u goofed. I always tell people nt to criticize Gej's 5yrs bt PDP's 15yrs. Bicos fanatics wik always come up wit erroneous analogies.
So ur argument ought to be dat, 'the same standard/YEARS shuld be used to judge APC and PDP.
On dat note our comparison will be the positive effect(s) both has had on our lives at the Federal nd State levels
Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
All this APC e-warriors. two-timed fools. Say one thing today another tomorrow. I tire sef
Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by nigerianvenom(m): 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
Idumose:
Let me quote him,
If Fashola,who remains the "best performing governor" APC has produced cannot fix 60% of Lagos roads in 7years,how do you expect Jonathan to fix all Nigerian roads in 4 years? Is Jonathan a magician?

God bless u guys for always disgracing the dual mouth speaker(barcanista).
he is a replica of ameachi,speaking with both mouth.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
ayindejimmy:

this was where u goofed. I always tell people nt to criticize Gej's 5yrs bt PDP's 15yrs. Bicos fanatics wik always come up wit erroneous analogies.
So ur argument ought to be dat, 'the same standard/YEARS shuld be used to judge APC and PDP.
On dat note our comparison will be the positive effect(s) both has had on our lives at the Federal nd State levels
I bet in your haste to pen a reply and appear intelligent you didn't bother to read the comment my own comment addressed. Go back and do the needful then you will know you are the one who goofed with your comment.

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by abdulwastecx(m): 2:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
Idumose:
Let me quote him,

‎​

Because jonathan is in charge of Nigeria over 40billion us dollars. he has the power to borrow as much as he wants to fix Nigeria roads.
for sake of argument, assuming fashola was able to fixed 60% of lagos road anr some other major infrastructure with meagre resource at his disposal. Jonathan was unable to fixed 10% of Nigeria road with all the billions of us dollars in his disposal.

pdp was unable to fix 40% Nigeria roads after 15 years of massive looting, corruption, violence, etc. A wise dude we surely go with APC
Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by nigerianvenom(m): 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
Nnewi1stSon:

not only some regions in nigeria but most west african countries such as ghana,togo and d likes.

lagos is also d smallest state in nigeria,i see no reasons lagos should be poorly managed as witnessed despite its uncountable IGR.
Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by abdulwastecx(m): 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
byrron:

PDP=APC
Recycling of thieves
Same criminal gang divided into two groups.

The joke is on the gullible masses that have also been divided into two gullible groups supporting each of the criminal gangs tagged PDP & APC.

you have a point some how...
Nigeria political problem is built on exploiting the gullibility of the masses through religious and ethnic sentiments.

The problem is pdp is worse with this because it was a party built only to secure the artificial state called Nigeria in the interest of corrupt elite.

APC is a party built on a slightly better foundation, which is to provide opposition to the rulling party as a result they are eager to perform better than PDP.

generally, Democratic system of government is not really suitable in a country with too many retards, ethno religious sentiment because it depends on MAJORITY and majority always share these sentiments or lacl the IQ to vote wisely
Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by abdulwastecx(m): 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
nigerianvenom:

not only some regions in nigeria but most west african countries such as ghana,togo and d likes.

lagos is also d smallest state in nigeria,i see no reasons lagos should be poorly managed as witnessed despite its uncountable IGR.

Lagos is the most densily populated metropolice in Africa outside Cairo. Faced with massive infrastructure deficiency, enviromental problem, transportation, housing etc

The problem with internal generated revenue at present is that it cannot solve lagos problem or make it keep pace with her lofty ambitions.
You need good road for over 15million
you need pipe born water for over 15million
you need railway system to transport 15million people daily
you need a good town planning system for over 15 million people.
you need all this infrastructure to build a sustainable and great society
Re: You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA by Curlieweed: 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
barcanista:
And whose Economic Policy brought the increased IGR?

Bro,

This Apeeshit isn't helping your arguments. At all, at all! Anyway, bad market dey hard to sell.

Regarding your argument, even a primary school pupil knows that the FG is responsible for economic policy (hint: that's what NOI is doing there).

APC governors just milk this through overtaxation, which they waste on daft prestige projects like Rotimi's monorail (hopefully, the "mono" there is an indication that it's one way ticket to jail for him in 2015.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: And The Slogan Changes / Senator: Where Is Former Senate President ( David Mark) / Discerning And Right Thinking Igbos Should Speak Up Now Before Its Too Late

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.