Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Food For The Gods. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Food For The Gods. (6331 Views)

The Gods Are Hungry / Secrets Of the gods / Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
A romance story between two lovers from different world.

"Characters"

Tosin: Tope's father.
Ronke: Tope's mother.
Bisi: Tosin's mother.
Tobi: Augustina's father.
Bimbola: Augustina's mother.
Tope: George, Augustina's boyfriend.
Augustina: Damilola, Tope's girlfriend.
Priestess: servant of igbudu god.
Old woman: Mid wife.
Princess: Jealoused daughter of a king.

EPISODE ONE.

"I warned you, Tosin" Bisi said looking angry.
"Mother, now is not the time to blame. My wife has been bitten by the mighty snake from that evil shrine of orang. She's in pain mother" Tosin said almost in tears.
"Please spare me that, i warned you but you wouldn't listen. You should be happy the mighty snake of orang didn't bite you instead. You are nothing but a worthless son, you are so dull" Bisi said irritated.
"Ah, mother this world is bad. How can my own mother be this heartless? This world is bad" Tosin said, now in tears.
"Tell that to the mammy water you have for a wife" Bisi, hissed and walked away throwing insults at Tosin.
"gods of my father, have mercy on my wife" Tosin said.
"Tosin, fast take this child and run to the shrine of igbudu. Don't let dawn meet you before you get there" The old woman said.
"What of my wife? How is she?" Tosin asked.
"Time is not on your side. Hurry up, be mute on your way there. The mighty snake of orang is coming. Goooo" The old woman said.
He set out, crying and running to the igbudu shrine with the baby wrapped in his hands. He remembered how he first met Ronke, a fair, beautiful maiden who was given to serve the god of the sea at a tender age. He remembered the way she smiled, half immensed in water, playing and laughing. She gave him a scary look and entered the water with a great speed. He remembered throwing stones at the spot where she had entered the water but she wouldn't come out. He continued throwing stones until it was dark and had to leave the river.
He wiped another tear as he ran even faster with the baby in his hand. He couldn't determine the sex of the child as all he was concerned about was reaching the shrine before the mighty snake does.
As he got closer to the shrine, a terrible slash of lightning tore across the sky, and he heard the sound of leaves around him shake. He heard a song from the priestess of the shrine as he got on his knees infront of the shrine. He raised the child wrapped in his hands to the priestess who had her back against him.
"How dare you, disturb the peace of the sacred shrine with that thing in your hand" The priestess spat out.
"Priestess of the great igbudu shrine, spare my child and wife and take me instead" Tosin said, bowing his head.
"Shut up. You do not say such here. Here is no market place for lazy bones like you" The priestess said.
"Am sorry great priestess of igbudu. But help beg the great igbudu not to harm my family" Tosin said.
"Hold your peace, the deed has already been done. Your wife is dead" Turning her head to look at Tosin. "Give me the child" She commanded.
"Please save him from the mighty snake of Orang" Tosin pleaded.
"He would be saved, but would die if he doesn't kill the mighty snake of orang on his fifteenth year".
Holding the child to herself she made some incantation and dropped the child who stayed suspended in the air with a red dust surrounding him. She continued with the incantation until the child came to where she stood still suspended in the air. She carried it and gave to the father.
"Teach him how to kill. He would need the strength of a lion".
"No one has ever defeated the mighty snake of orang, who ever tried to never live to tell the story great priestess. Tosin said sad.
"He has the blood of the sea and the mighty snake of orang in his blood. Teach him how to kill i said, now leave. I said leave" The priestess said as she entered inside the shrine.
Re: Food For The Gods. by sanandreas(m): 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
sweet hrt i love u.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Dayjhihannon01(m): 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
Mak I quickly take front seat for dis 1..
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
EPISODE TWO.

*FIFTEEN YEARS LATER*

"Mother? Are you really my mother?" Tope asked.
"Yes i am your mother Tope. I died after giving birth to you" Ronke said.
"Is it true what father said, that the mighty snake of orang killed you?" Tope asked.
"My child, all your father said is the truth. I have no time with you anymore. First thing tomorrow morning, go to the river that leads to the sea of aku and drink the water from the leaf of the tree in the middle of the river three times" Ronke said and disappeared.
"Mother? Mother, where are you?" Tope shouted after her.
"Tope? Tope? Where has this boy gone to? Tope?" Tosin was restless. "I think i need to see the priestess right away" Turning and bending on his knees shocked on seeing the priestess behind him. "Great priestess of igbudu, what brings you here to my compound so early?" Tosin asked, still on his knees.
"Rise, you poor soul. The mighty snake of orang has chosen today as the day to rejoice over the death of your son" The priestess spoke.
"Noooo, Tope. Priestess please save my son's life" Tosin said.
"Hmmm, the task is not an easy one. A life must be sacrificed for him to to be able to kill the mighty snake of orang" She said, looking at the skya as if listening to it.
"Take my life. I will sacrifice my life" Tosin was cut short by his mother.
"Never, never will i fold my hands and see my only son die because of that son of a mammy water" Bisi said.
"Mother, stop this. I won't fold my hands and watch my only son die the way Ronke, his mother did" Tosin said angrily.
"A life is needed now. The mighty snake of orang is almost there. I can sense it" Closing her eyes and shaking her head continously. "Who shall it be? Who i asked again?" The priestess asked.
"I can't let my only son sacrifice his life, great priestess take me instead. Save my son's son" Bisi said sadly.
"So shall it be" The priestess raised her staff to the sky three times before disappearing, leaving Bisi gasping for breath before falling to the ground.
"No mother, why did you do it? Why mother?" Tosin said holding his mother in his hands crying.
"I..i...di...did it for you" closing her eyes she quietly said. "Tope catch".
"No mother, noooo.Tope where are you? gods of our land fight for my son. Ronke join mother to fight for our son" Tosin said, crying.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
sanandreas:
sweet hrt i love u.
Tanx swt hrt, i luv u too.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
Dayjhihannon01:
Mak I quickly take front seat for dis 1..
Wcm sir.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Dayjhihannon01(m): 7:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ciela:

Wcm sir.
okk.. And sir? Who owns dat.. Abeg I nor be sir o.. Wetin my kid sabi nah.. Lemme peruse d first episode..
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2014
EPISODE THREE.

As soon as Tope drank from the tree in the middle of river aku. He felt a pain in his abdomen and felt some changes in his body. The clouds became dark as if preparing to battle the earth, the winds formed a tornado in the middle of the river and thick red dust surrounded him. Tope felt mother nature has drained all of him. He felt hot and weak and fell inside the river.
Few minutes later he felt strengthened with a strange power and came with full force with the body of a mermaid. He saw himself floating on the river with a staff in his hands, he felt like a god with two horns on his face. He noticed he was half transformed into a fish from his waist down and on the upper part of his body he felt like a human except for the two horn he has on his head. He heard the earth shake and the dark clouds turn to red then he saw the god of orang in the sky laughing, he turned around to the direction he heard a splash, and saw a small gold snake swimming towards him. Yes, the mighty snake of orang was nothing but a small gold snake who has the power to blind just mere looking at you, it has the power to make you dumb by hissing at you. As it got closer to Tope, he felt scared but felt renewed with strength. He heard a voice encouraging him to use his staff to touch the river which he did and the river parted with water from the snake flowing to where he was leaving the snake on a total dry land. He was further instructed to speak unto the snake of which he did but as he spoke, all that came out of his mouth was fire which burnt the mighty snake of orang and as it burned it hissed in agony but Tope was unharmed by the hiss it made. He went further to strike the burning snake with his staff which whined and hissed in pain. He felt the earth shake and the clouds clear into white and saw the god of orang angry and defeated, he felt the wind around him stop and he collapsed to the ground weak and exhausted.
"Son, son wake up" Tosin said as he pulled his son from the river.
"Mother!" Tope looked frightened as he woke up shivering.
"Son you did it. Tope am proud of you, you defeated the mighty snake of orang. god of my fathers thank you" Tosin said happily.
"Enough, take this Tope" The priestess of igbudu gave Tope a calabash full of the mighty snake of orang's venom. "Drink all of it" She said.
"What is it?" Tosin asked.
"Drink it Tope" The princess of igbudu insisted.
Tope sat up still weak, before drinking all that was in the calabash and collapsing again.
"Let him be" The priestess warned.
"Don't kill him please" Tosin pleaded.
"His destiny is in his hand. If he overcomes this the he is strong" The priestess said.
"What did you give him? He looks dead" Tosin said angrily.
"Take him home. And if by dawn he doesn't wake up, feed him to the gods of the sea" She said and disappeared.
"No not my poor son" Tosin wiped his tears and took his son home on his shoulder.

1 Like

Re: Food For The Gods. by Iolite(f): 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
Nice one, but its looking like a short story to me, because as I can I see u re rushing the story.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 09, 2014
CONTINUATION OF EPISODE THREE.

"gods of our land, have mercy on my son. Tope is the only child i have" Tosin said as he sat beside his lifeless son the next day. "Have mercy on me i have lost my wife and my mother, now my son is like a chunk of wood, lifeless. I can't feed him to the gods of the sea, never instead take me" Tosin cried.
"Tosin, Tosin get up from that bed. Today is the d-day. Tosin" Bisi said, tapping her sleeping son.
"Please have mercy on my son" A startled Tosin said as he woke up. "Mum! thank God you are alive" He said as he hugged her.
"Son, don't tell me is today of all days that you wish me death. What happened? See the way you are sweating as if you ran a marathon race" Bisi gave her son a towel as she spoke.
"Mum it was a bad dream. One terrible dream one shouldn't have. What's today?" He asked as he collected the towel from her.
"Today is the fourteenth day in the month of june. The day your wife Ronke and son Tope finally return from oversea" Bisi said.
"Oh my God. Mum what time is it?" He got up from his bed with hands on his head. "Ronke would kill me o, am late" He said as he dashed into the bathroom with his towel and came out two minutes later cleaning his body. He was restless as he paced about in his lilac colour bedroom. In the middle of the room laid a queensize bed with a wardrobe at its side. A dressing mirrow and on the other side of the wall laid a plasma tv. The room had two set of chairs on another part of it.
"Tosin, its just past six na. Its not yet time" His mother said quietly.
"Its just past six? Mum why did you let me bath now na?" He said looking sad.
"Hahahaha, you call that bath? Did you bath? You know you should be happy i woke you up from that dream that made you sweat and smell so badly" she laughed as she said.
"Haba, mum i don't smell. I didn't smell my wife can testify to that" he said as he winked at her.
"Child, lets go and see if breakfast has been served. Am hungry" His mother said.
"Me too mum. I can eat a human and still insist on eating an elephant" Tosin said and they both laughed as they walked downstairs to the dinning which had a white paint on both sides of its wall with a wooden table and six pairs of chairs.
"Good morning sir, good morning ma" said a quiet and lovely voice.

1 Like

Re: Food For The Gods. by princesssusan(f): 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
I must follow diz tori o
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 09, 2014
EPISODE FOUR

"Ah, Damilola my child you are awake so early? How was your night?" Bisi said smiling at the angel before her.
"It was fine ma. Hope yours was okay grandma? Augustina asked.
"Yes it was my child" Bisi replied now sitting down.
"Augustina thanks for preparing breakfast" Tosin said nodding.
"You are welcome sir" Augustina said as she made to leave for the kitchen.
"Augustina!" As if on a second thought. "Never mind" Tosin dismissed her with a wave of his hand.
"What was that all about?" Bisi asked.
"Mum, i wanted her to bring her cv to the office later in the day. But i kicked off the idea because i would be home today" Tosin said.
"So, what do you think?" Bisi said with all smile on her face. "Do you think Tope would like her?"
"Ahn, ahn mami. Isn't it too early today to start this talk?" Tosin said jokingly.
"I am saying the truth now. You know i like her and already see her as a member of this family" Bisi replied.
"Yes mother she is already a part of this family. She might even be mistaken for my daughter outside" Tosin added.
"Adopt her if Tope misbehave. Atleast her parents would be happy" Bisi added.
"Mum lets not be too fast in walking when we haven't even finished crawling" Tosin said and continued with his food.
"Ok son. I will rest my case for the main time. Damilola!" She called as she turned facing the kitchen.
"Yes grandma" Augustina said as she hurried up to the dinning wiping her hands on her skirt.
"My grandson and his mum would be arriving soon. So prepare eguisi and pounded yam. Make sure you use that turkey i bought yesterday together with the chicken and fish in the freezer. And incase you finish on time prepare that chicken and shrimp stew i taught you the other day" Bisi said.
"Okay grandma" Augustina said smiling.
"And one more thing, dress smart and be beautiful to welcome my grandson" Bisi said winking at her son.
"Wear maybe a trouser or a decent skirt. You have a trouser don't you?" Tosin asked looking serious.
"Yes sir i do. The one mummy bought me but i haven't used it" Augustina said not sure of what was happening.
"Good. Wear it. Just look attractive and pray it works out well" Tosin said.
"You can go now Damilola" Bisi said.
"Thank you ma" Augustina dashed into the kitchen looking puzzled.
"Don't worry Tosin. I have this strong feeling Tope would love her" Bisi winked at her son again and started laughing.

In the bedroom Augustina was disturbed by what mr Tosin said. She kept pacing about in her room wondering what mr Tosin meant. She was still in deep thoughts when she heard a car pull over in the compound. She knew it was Mr Tosin's car and so she fled to the dinning trying to put things in order. Her heart almost stopped when the front door opened and Akin the gate man came in with two luggage giving her a heavenly smile.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
Continuation

"Oh o mum let them enter the house first na" Tosin said as he entered inside the house which was painted lilac with a big flat screen on the wall. The living room had black chairs and a glass table in the middle with no much design to accompany it. It was a simple livin room with black tiles.
"Home sweet home. I have just been away for only two weeks and i so much miss this place and my comfortable bed" Ronke said has she sat beside her husband pecking him.
"Please you people shouldn't spoil me and my grandson o. Abi Tope do you like what you are seeing? Bisi asked Tope as they both entered the house.
"Hahaha grandma, this is nothing compared to what they do overseas" Tope said looking at the house he left twelve years ago. "Mum, this place need some little touching. Its too simple for your class" Tope said irritated.
"Ah, ah where is Damilola? Damilola, Damilola!" shouted Bisi.
"Dear is she ready? Hope she won't spoil this?" Ronke said quietly to her husband looking worried.
"Let's just hope he likes her" Tosin replied her in a low voice.
"Yes grandma. Welcome daddy, welcome grandma, welcome mummy, welcome brother Tope" She greeted them as she entered the living room.
"Ehen, Damilola you are here. Greet Tope well na" Bisi said.
Now Damilola was more confused, she didn't know how best to greet him and she started scratching her head and feeling uncomfortable. Tope on the other hand was dumb struck, he stared at her as if he has seen an angel. The parents smiled as they saw the look on Tope's face.
"Tope!" his mother called out and poor Tope came back to earth.
"Wow she is a beauty. Nice body shape. Big eyes with beautiful dimples" Topi said taking a glance at her again. "But she is not my type. Mum who is she?" Tope said.
"Thanks sir and you are welcome back home once again" Augustina said.
"Wow, Tope that was rude. Apologise to Augustina now" Tosin ordered.
"Am sorry ma'am" He said as he gave her a scorn look pretending not to like her.
"Damilola is the food served?" Bisi asked changing the topic.
"Yes ma" Augustina replied.
"Up, up lets go and eat. Damilola lead the way. You are looking take away in this your outfit and i love this your orange t-shirt. I never knew you have this lovely shape" Ronke said and kept on praising Augustina.
They made her seat opposite Tope who pretended not to like her. She felt uncomfortable throughout. She couldn't look at Tope but just picked at her food.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
Iolite:
Nice one, but its looking like a short story to me, because as I can I see u re rushing the story.
Tanx Iolite i wil try nt to shorten it
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
EPISODE FIVE

That evening, Augustina went to the feed the fishes in the pond that was located at the back of the house. She wasn't focused on feeding the fish, she was greatly disturbed by Tope's behaviour towards her. She love mr Tosin's family and the way she is treated but she didn't understand why his only child would hate her the very first day seeing her. She hoped and quietly prayed they would be friends.
Tope on the other was restless, he lost interest on what was been discussed and insisted on taking a walk round the corner unknown to him that he would meet Augustina. He paused on seeing her from afar and admired this young lady in her early twenties. Dark in complexion great dimples, cute big eyes, lovely figure eight. He decided to talk to her.
"Hey, you. What's that name of yours?" He almost melted as he saw the beauty before him turned.
"Its Augustina sir" Augustina replied him.
"No i don't like that name. What name did grandma call you earlier?" Tope asked.
"Its Damilola sir. Hope there is no problem?" Augustina asked.
"Nah, Da..milola. Its a nice name. So how did you get here? Heard you saved dad's life" Tope said
"I was only led there by God" Augustina replied.
"I know. But tell me how a small girl like you saved dad's life" Tope said.
"Hahahahaha, you call twenty two small? Well i happened to see him along the road shot on my way to church. So i ran and called for help, that was how i got here" she said with a smile.
"Thanks for saving dad's life. Ummm what do you do for a living?" He enquired.
"Am a graduate of computer science. I just finished serving" Augustina replied with a smile.
"Wow that's nice" Just then his phone rang. "Please a moment" Tope picked up the call.
"Hello...princess? How? No i don't know you. I just bought this line few hours ago when i came into the country. No its a wrong line i guess. Ok i got to go..Yeah, bye." He ended the call.
"I'm so sorry about that" Tope said smiling.
"No problem sir" Augustina replied.
"Beautiful big eyes" Tope teased her.
They kept talking for a while and Tope apologised for his rude behaviour earlier and pecked her on her cheeks on his way inside.

1 Like

Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 11, 2014
EPISODE SIX

"Hello...Hello? Hellooo? Morning, no still on bed. Who is this? Umm...ok you were the lady that called me yesterday or weren't you? Yes you are. No i hate to admit it but you disturbed my sleep, so i got to go. Okay, maybe.....the name is George. Look i got to go, yeah bye" Tope hissed. "Princess my foot" Tope went back to sleep.
Ronke strolled back to the bedroom with her mother inlaw behind her.
"Mum, so what do we do now?" Tosin asked.
"I saw them talking and laughing yesterday. I think that's a good move, i mean after saving Tosin from the hands of those assassins, i think we should repay her with Tope" Ronke added.
"You saw them together? Are you sure?" Bisi asked.
"Yes mum" Ronke answered with a nod.
"Women" Tosin said unimpressed. "Mum what do we do? Should i give her the job now or let her start together with Tope?" Tosin asked.
"Let them start together" Bisi said
"Okay" Tosin replied.
In the kitchen, Augustina did her morning chores and went to mrs Ronke in the living room when she was called.
"Good morning ma, Good morning grandma" Augustina said.
"Damilola, have you seen your Tope today? I mean Tope, have you seen him?" Ronked asked.
"No ma i haven't seen him" Augustina answered.
"By this time of the day?" Bisi added. "What is the time sef?"
"Its three minutes past seven mum" Ronke said. "Have you served breakfast?" Ronke asked.
"Yes ma" Augustina said.
"Good take breakfast to Tope in bed. Make sure he finish his meal and bath before coming down. That boy can be lazy sometimes" Ronke said.
"Ok ma" She turned to go when she saw Mr Tosin coming to the living room. "Good morning daddy" Augustina said with a smile.
"Good morning, Augustina. I know your night was fine from your smile" Tosin said.
"You can go now" Bisi dismissed her laughing with Ronke leaving Tosin confused.
Augustina hurried with a tray of food to Tope's room. She composed herself and knocked on his door before entering.
"Yeah, come in" Tope answered with a sleepy voice.
"Good morning sir. How was your night?" Augustina said dropping the tray beside the bed.
"Betty?" Tope pretended and drew her close kissing her but she redrew from the kiss cleaning her lip.
"Am not Betty" She replied him angry.
"Oh, am so sorry. I thought you were my ex" Tope added.
"I brought you breakfast" Augustina said still angry.
"Do you have a boyfriend?" Tope asked looking at her eyes.
"Yes i do sir" Augustina replied looking away.
"Damn it" Tope coughed out.
"Excuse me?" Augustina said
"Am not hungry, you can go" Tope told her
"Am sorry sir. Mum said i can only come down when you are done eating and bathing" Augustina said.
"I said am not hungry or are you gonna force me? Now leave this minute before i hurt you" Tope shouted.
"Ahn, ahn, Tope, why are you shouting her? Ronke questioned as she entered inside the room.
"Mum am not hungry. I told her to go but she wouldn't" Tope replied
"Its okay, Augustina you can go" Ronke said
Re: Food For The Gods. by Iolite(f): 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nice one! But I will advice u go and read ur story from the start and correct all the places where it should be 'as' but u wrote 'has'. Pls learn to correct that in ur future write- ups.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 12, 2014
Iolite:
Nice one! But I will advice u go and read ur story from the start and correct all the places where it should be 'as' but u wrote 'has'. Pls learn to correct that in ur future write- ups.
Thanks so much. I never knew i made that huge error.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Iolite(f): 8:43am On Oct 12, 2014
Ciela:

Thanks so much. I never knew i made that huge error.

You are welcome.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
Dedicated to IOLITE

EPISODE SEVEN

Two months later, Augustina was made Tope's assistant in Tosin and co's company. Augustina sat comfortably in her office looking for a file which need urgent attention, she ran-sack her office but the file was not found. She thought of the places it would be and decided to ask the managing director if he by chance took it. Augustina composed herself before going to the manager's office, she hated the fact she was going there without been called upon but she was going there for a reason. She tried discouraging herself not to meet her boss concerning the files but she kicked the idea off and took a bold step by knocking on the door.
"Come in" Said Tope who was dressed in a white sleeved shirt and black trouser with red tie to go with it. He sat comfortably on his seat with a cup of coffee on his desk and his phone on his hands smiling as he chatted.
Augustina was suprised at her boss behaviour, he ought to be working not chatting. She closed the door and took some steps towards his desk and stopped then cleared her throat to draw his attention. Tope was stunned by the beauty before him who wore a red silk dress with black trouser, a pair of red high heel, black and red stripes of ribbon was used to pack her braided hair and an eye glass set beautifully on her pretty face. He smiled and continued to stare at her, forgetting his phone and making her uncomfortable until she cleared her throat once more and he regained himself.
"Yes, miss Augustina what can i do for you? Tope asked now focused on his phone.
"Sir, i didn't see the Julius cold water file. I was wondering if he took it from my desk" Augustina said, but he gave her no reply. "Sir, Tope?"
"Yes i did. I have given it to the Ceo" Tope said without looking at her.
"But sir, why would you do that? You know i was working on that particular file" Augustina said angry.
"I did that because of your snail like nature. I did your job for you" Tope said now looking at her.
"But you ought to have told me about taking the file" She said back.
"I owe you no explanation" Tope added.
"Okay. I would take my leave now" Augustina said, turning to leave.
"Next time don't come to my office until i say so" Tope said, before she left.
That evening, Tope just got out from the bathroom with a towel tied around his waist when his phone beeped. He walked to the bed and took the phone.
"Princess? What does she want again?" He opened the message and read. "Good evening mr George. How have you being? I just got back into the country and my father wants to host a welcome back party for me. I was hoping you would attend so as to see you in person for business purpose. Please don't say no to a lady. Here is the venue: Morning spring Hotel, crystal city. Date: 17, December.Time: 8pm. Would be expecting you" Tope hissed. "Won't go there" Tope said as he threw the phone on the bed and got dressed. He felt lonely and decided to go to Augustina's room. He got to her room and without knocking entered to see Augustina fast asleep. He stared at her for a while before tapping her. Augustina looked at this 6ft tall fair in complexion twenty three years old man who had the shape of an athlete with sleepy eyes.
"Damilola, we need to talk" Tope said to her.
"Sir, hope there's no problem?" she said as she sat up.
"No not at all. Damilola i want to ask you a question" Tope said.
"Go ahead" Augustina said wiping her eyes.
"Umm, do you? I mean are you a virgin? Tope finally said.
"Yes sir i am. Why did you ask?" Augustina said shocked by the question.
"Wow, that's nice. Nothing you can go to sleep now" Tope said smiling.
"Sir, Tope please why did you ask?" Augustina enquired.
"I just wanted to know. I gotta go" He quickly stood up from where he sat on the bed and left the room.
A jumped for joy when he got to his room.
"This is good news" Tope said to himself.
He is so weird" Augustina said to herself and went back to sleep.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2014
CONTINUATION OF EPISODE SEVEN

Mr and mrs Tosin sat in the living room watching a documentary one thursday evening when Augustina came to join them.
"Mum, dad am sorry to disturb you, but i would like to visit my parents this weekend" Augustina said.
"Hope they are alright?" Ronke asked.
"Yes ma. Its almost three months since i last visited them. I just thought i'd visit them tomorrow and besides am also missing them" Augustina added.
"Okay if that is the case. Then you can have a week off work. Remind me tomorrow before i leave for the office to give you some money for them" Tosin said.
"And i will also give you some provisions and foodstuff for them" Ronke added.
"Thank you mum, thank you dad. Am grateful" Augustina said kneeing down.
"Mum what's going on here?" Tope asked.
"Oh, its nothing. Damilola was just thanking her for given her a week leave to visit her family" Ronke replied.
"Really? Then who would assist me in the office? Dad we started work the same day so we ought to go on leave the same day. And how are you sure she is not going to a man's house?" Tope said.
"Haba, Tope why are you always like this the poor girl is missing her parents we can't deprieve her this joy" Tosin said.
"Am not going to a man's house. I can't lie to dad and mum here and besides we would be communicating" Augustina replied eyeing Tope.
"This is how we would do it. Tope i know you have no where to go to but if you insist on taking that one week leave then you would have to go with Damilola to the village" Ronke said.
"Fine by me. Atleast i would be sure she's not going to a man's house" Tope said smiling.
"That is your business" Augustina addressed Tope. "Mum, dad i would be in my room" Augustina said as she walked out. Ronke and Tosin now had their attention on Tope.
"What? Okay i would also go to my room. Call her if you need anything" Tope stood up and went to his room.
"Weird" Tosin said.
"Very weird" Ronke added.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Calismart(m): 7:12pm On Oct 12, 2014
I'm with you.Ride on
Re: Food For The Gods. by MzOG(f): 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
Nyc one, kip it up
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
EPISODE EIGHT

It was half past nine when Tope and Augustina set out for the four hours thirty five minutes drive to Augustina's village. The journey was a quiet one as none of them uttered a word to the other, it was after an hour that their silence was broken by loud gun shots from afar. A group of robbers were operating some miles away and they were lucky enough to have driven at a slow speed. The robbers kept shooting into the air as they made away with their victim's money and belonging. Tope reversed and parked half way inside the bush signalling Augustina to bend her head has the robbers made to come their way. He made her stay bent that way until after ten minutes when the road was a bit free. He opened his door and walked to the passengers seat where Augustina sat and opened the door.
"Dami, are you alright?" He knew he was becoming too familiar with her even when he pretended not to have feelings for her.
"Yes, i am fine" Augustina said when she got her voice. She never expected Tope to call her 'Dami' and in such manner. She loved the emotion he put into calling her that and smiled inwardly.
"Are you sure? Are you hurt anywhere?" Tope asked looking concerned.
"I am okay sir" Augustina said nodding.
"Come here" Tope drew her to him and pecked her on her fore head. "I won't let anything happen to you i promise"
"I think we should get back in the car" Augustina said wondering the kind of guy Tope is, one minute he is lovely the next minute he is a bone in her neck. She couldn't explain what the peck meant since it was the second time he has pecked her.
"Okay miss" Tope said with a smile and opened the door for her to enter.
"Wait, i will just ease myself first" She said and hurried to a thick high bush and bent to ease herself. Tope also used that opportunity to pee he turned to the direction of Augustina and saw her pulling her jeans up her pink pant, he was carried away at the sight but felt stupid when her eyes met his.
They got back inside his prado jeep and chatted little before coming across a group of police men in a nearby town.
"Park well" said one of the officer.
"Good morning sir" Tope greeted.
"Wetin good about this morning? Where your particulars?" Asked the officer.
"Here there are sir" Tope replied.
"Okay, e correct" Na your wife be this? See how she just sitdown quiet. Abi you beat am?" The officer enquired.
"No officer i didn't. Yes she's my wife. We were robbed in a nearby town and her wedding ring was stolen" Tope said holding her hand.
"No mind them. We hear the story for here. Eyah, see how she come quiet. Madam abeg no vex. Oga go replace am. Abeg oga find us small notes for purewater or mineral" the officer said.
"Here" Tope counted five notes of one thousand naira and gave it to him.
"Hey, oga you too much. God go bless your business. You see this your fine wife for here God go give am fine fine children like am. Sule remove that drum for road for oga. Incase you need anything oga just call us" The officer said as Tope drove pass the check point laughing and still holding Augustina's hand.
"This Nigeria police officers are just so corrupt" Augustina said.
"And funny too" He smiled when she redrew her hand from his. "Why were you quiet?" Tope asked.
"Why did you lie? She said.
"I had to" Tope said. "And besides it felt good"
"How do you mean?" She asked him.
"Never mind. We would talk about it when we get to your village" He smiled.
"Okay" She smiled in return.
They kept talking until they got to Augustina's village.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 13, 2014
Calismart:
I'm with you.Ride on
Tanx Calismart
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 13, 2014
MzOG:
Nyc one, kip it up
Tanx MzOG
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 13, 2014
EPISODE NINE

It was already afternoon when they got there, Augustina showed him where to park his car before they highlighted from the car.
"Here we are" Augustina said stretching her muscles.
"Its seem like i would catch a cold" He said sneezing.
"Not funny, there is no way i will let you catch a cold in my village" Augustina said.
"Thanks for warning me" Tope said holding her hand smiling.
"Hey, sister Damilola welcome o" Said her neighbour.
"Hey, brother Femi good afternoon. How family na?" Augustina asked.
"Family dey fine. How work?"
Femi enquired.
"Work is fine, we thank God. Are my parents around?" Augustina asked.
"Yes, they just came back from farm.They should be in the backyard roasting yam" Femi said. "Damilola you never introduce your guy give me o"
"My guy? Wetin make you think say na my guy? Augustina asked with eyes wide open.
"Hi, good afternoon. My name is Tope am Dami's fiance" Tope said drawing her closer, but with the shock on her face she just kept on staring at him without saying a word.
"Whoa Damilola na mean say you don upgrade be that o. Choi see small Damilola of yesterday o" Femi said but his last word faded with the shout of joy from Augustina's parent.
"My child welcome, come in your father is waiting for you inside" Augustina's mother said.
"Mummy good afternoon. How have you being?" Augustina said hugging her mum before following her inside the house.
The house is a small house with two bedroom, a bathroom, a parlour and and a kitchen. The parlour is a bit bigger than the bedroom because two old sofas were placed opposite each other, a small round table laid between the chairs making the room a little tight. On the right side of the wall laid a black and white tv with a radio on top of it. Tope stood by the door with mouth apart looking at the house. He was lost in his world and he wondered why chose to be unfair to certain people. He was brought by to reality by Augustina's calm voice.
"Tope? Are you alright?" She enquired.
"Yeah, am fine" He nodded as he said.
"Okay, you haven't greeted my parents" She added.
"My goodness am so sorry" He addressed her parents
"Good afternoon sir, good afternoon ma" Tope said bowing.
"Good afternoon young man. Please come in" Mr Tobi said.
"Have your seat sir" Mrs Bimbola addressed him from the way he looked.
"Daddy, mummy, this is mr Tosin's son Tope. He is my boss in the office" Augustina said.
"Ehen, welcome sir" Mrs Bimbola said, looking at her husband.
"Ma, please am like a son to you. Stop calling me sir" Tope said.
"Any boss of our daughter is a sir" Mr Tobi said.
"Not in my case" Tope said.
"Damilola hurry up and go and bring food for your boss na" Mrs Bimbola said.
"Okay ma" She said and left.
Tope quickly told them his intention for their daughter and they were over joyed with the good news.
That Evening, Augustina showed him around the village and when it was late they went back home. Tope and Augustina was made to sleep in the same room while her parents slept in the second room.
They both felt uncomfortable with the silence in the room as Augustina laid on a wrapper spread on one side of the room while Tope slept on the bed.
The next day was a busy one for them as they went to clear a portion on their farmland. Tope was made to sit and watched and he chatted with his friends on bbm stealing glances at Augustina from time to time.

1 Like

Re: Food For The Gods. by MzOG(f): 10:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
Plz upload more, d story is quite interesting.
Re: Food For The Gods. by princesssusan(f): 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
Weldone bt wetin dey worry diz guy, can‘t made his feelns known 2 her personally?
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
Am so sowi. Wud update 2mao wen i subscribe
Re: Food For The Gods. by princesssusan(f): 9:24pm On Oct 14, 2014
Ciela:
Am so sowi. Wud update 2mao wen i subscribe
Eeeyah don‘t worry 2mao will soon come bt sha i‘ll miss u n our update
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 15, 2014
EPISODE TEN

"Dami, please come and sleep on the bed. I am tired of depriving you of your bed. We can share if u want or i will sleep on the floor" Tope told her.
"Sir, i am comfortable where i am. I am used to sleeping here" Augustina said.
"Please, if you respect me you won't say no. I promise i won't touch you, remember i have a girlfriend" Tope said.
"Sir, it doesn't matter. I love where i sleep. Let's just leave it like that" Augustina said.
"Haven't i told me to stop calling me sir? Call me George or Tope. And if you feel comfortable there then goodnight" Tope said
"Goodnight" Augustina replied.
The next morning Augustina and Tope left the village. They were quiet throughout the journey until Tope's phone beeped and he parked the car so he could answer the call.
"Hey princess....am fine...sure am alone just driving..oh, i travelled to one dirty village like that.....okay take care, yeah bye" Tope ended the call. Before he started the car he got another beep this time from one of the service provider and he quickly muted it and placed it on his ear.
"Hellooo Angel, yeah sure...just left there, yeah she's here...work would start immediately....ummmm yeah...are you back from canada?.....am so missing you...i know you are...lets meet tomorrow then...yeah our usual spot...ok bye love you" He ended the call and took a quick look at Augustina and smiled within himself.
"Betty, Betty i really love you" Tope added and looked at her again before starting the car.
They were quiet until they got home. Mrs Ronke seeing the car drive him almost pulled the house down with happiness as she ran out to welcome them.
"Welcome my children. How was village and your parents?" Ronke said embracing them both.
"Mum, they are fine. They sent their regards" Augustina said
"Mum, am tired i would be in my room" Tope said and walked inside the house.
"Damilola what is wrong with him? Did you two fight?" Ronke asked.
"No ma we didn't" Augustina explained all that happened and Ronke laughed.
"Don't mind him he is jealous" Ronke said.
"Jealous of what? Why would he be jealous?" Augustina asked
"You would understand when the time comes" Ronke said.
"By, the way mum where is grandma and dad?" Augustina asked.
"Your grandma went for a meeting. Your dad went out" Ronke replied and led her inside the house.
Meanwhile Tope was looking at them from his room's window.
"I don't know what's wrong with me. Why can't i tell her how i feel? Maybe its because i love her too much to let her go. Damn it. I hate this feeling, i hate her. No i don't hate her infact i love her more than anything in this world" Tope said i lied on his bed, angry at himself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'if Men Were God'.a Poem Written By Me, Please Read And Comment. / The Way You Make Your Bed Is The Way You Lie On It. / Stalked By A Mafia - An Action/romance Thriller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.