Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Folder Lock Without Any Software - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Folder Lock Without Any Software (1471 Views)

How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help / Get Any Software Key, License Code Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Folder Lock Without Any Software by gadoonline(m): 11:06am On Nov 10, 2008
Folder Lock Without Any Software

Here is a cool hack by which you can lock and unlock any files and folders on windows without installing any software.

Copy the code provided below exactly (including ** line) and paste it into notepad (start-> run-> Notepad.exe). Save as protect.bat (file->save as) and exit notepad. Double click on protect.bat and you will see a new folder on your desktop called “Locker”. Copy all the files you need to be hidden there. Double click on protect.bat again, and it will ask you if you want to hide the folders, type in y and press Enter. To unhide, double click protect.bat, type in your password and press enter…

That’s it!

Following is the code you’ll need to this stuff,
cls
@ECHO OFF
title Folder Locker
if EXIST "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" goto UNLOCK
if NOT EXIST Locker goto MDLOCKER
:CONFIRM
echo Are you sure u want to Lock the folder(Y/N)
set/p "cho=&gt"
if %cho%==Y goto LOCK
if %cho%==y goto LOCK
if %cho%==n goto END
if %cho%==N goto END
echo Invalid choice.
goto CONFIRM
:LOCK
ren Locker "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"
attrib +h +s "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"
echo Folder locked
goto End
:UNLOCK
echo Enter password to Unlock folder
set/p "pass=&gt"
if NOT %pass%== type your password here goto FAIL
attrib -h -s "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"
ren "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" Locker
echo Folder Unlocked successfully
goto End
:FAIL
echo Invalid password
goto end
:MDLOCKER
md Locker
echo Locker created successfully
goto End
:End
Re: Folder Lock Without Any Software by scantee(m): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2008
Guy thanks for your post,
it works very well as you said, but the only problem is that any password can open the file or folder which you locked,

is there no other means of using one password to unlock it.

stay kool
Re: Folder Lock Without Any Software by LUDALOOLO(m): 12:03pm On Nov 11, 2008
He is not the write fo the program so he cant tell how to change the password, i will maybe later i got to blaze right now,
Re: Folder Lock Without Any Software by scantee(m): 7:44pm On Nov 11, 2008
@ludaloolo

i am expecting

stay kool
Re: Folder Lock Without Any Software by AKO1(m): 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2008
Here's a better code:

cls
@ECHO OFF
title Folder Locker
if EXIST "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" goto UNLOCK
if NOT EXIST Locker goto MDLOCKER
:CONFIRM
echo Are you sure u want to Lock the folder(Y/N)
set/p "cho=>"
if %cho%==Y goto LOCK
if %cho%==y goto LOCK
if %cho%==n goto END
if %cho%==N goto END
echo Invalid choice.
goto CONFIRM
:LOCK
ren Locker "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"
attrib +h +s "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"
echo Folder locked
goto End
:UNLOCK
echo Enter password to Unlock folder
set/p "pass=>"
if NOT %pass%== type your password here goto FAIL
attrib -h -s "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"
ren "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" Locker
echo Folder Unlocked successfully
goto End
:FAIL
echo Invalid password
goto end
:MDLOCKER
md Locker
echo Locker created successfully
goto End
:End

2. Firstly open a notepad and then put code in notepad.
3. You will find “type your password here” in that code (Without quotes) so just write your password in place of “type your password here” (Without quotes)
4. Save this notepad as Locker.bat anywhere you wish
5. Then double click on Locker.bat.
6. when you double click on this it will create ‘Locker’ folder automatically, After creating of this folder place the contents you want to lock inside the Locker Folder and run locker.bat again, So it will ask to lock this folder… So just type “y” (without quotes) then press enter. Your folder get dissappered that means you locked your folder.No one can see your files of your locked folder.
7. Now if you want to unlock folder then again double click on Locker.bat, It will ask your password so just enter password and then press enter, Your folder get appeared.
Re: Folder Lock Without Any Software by toluxa1(m): 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2008
Thanks. I have seen this stuff in over 5 other places though.
Re: Folder Lock Without Any Software by AKO1(m): 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2008
toluxa1:

Thanks. I have seen this stuff in over 5 other places though.

Yes, I copied/pasted as well.
Re: Folder Lock Without Any Software by LUDALOOLO(m): 9:22pm On Nov 11, 2008
Right click on the name you use to create the folder .bat then click on edit look for the part that say type your password here put any password of ur choice then save it. You are done. But its not secure cos anyone who have the knowledge of how you create the folder can access it.
Re: Folder Lock Without Any Software by lwise(m): 11:04am On Nov 12, 2008
it works
thanks
we need pple like you on nairaland
Re: Folder Lock Without Any Software by Infoseye(m): 2:42pm On Nov 19, 2008
nice grin
Re: Folder Lock Without Any Software by dammit4u(m): 7:40pm On Nov 19, 2008
i have tried it and it works. thanks we need more of this stuff.
Re: Folder Lock Without Any Software by lynxnoon(m): 9:27pm On Nov 19, 2008
A_K_O:

Here's a better code:

2. Firstly open a notepad and then put code in notepad.
3. You will find “type your password here” in that code (Without quotes) so just write your password in place of “type your password here” (Without quotes)
4. Save this notepad as Locker.bat anywhere you wish
5. Then double click on Locker.bat.
6. when you double click on this it will create ‘Locker’ folder automatically, After creating of this folder place the contents you want to lock inside the Locker Folder and run locker.bat again, So it will ask to lock this folder… So just type “y” (without quotes) then press enter. Your folder get dissappered that means you locked your folder.No one can see your files of your locked folder.
7. Now if you want to unlock folder then again double click on Locker.bat, It will ask your password so just enter password and then press enter, Your folder get appeared.

men
carry go notin do you grin grin
Re: Folder Lock Without Any Software by Suntemi(m): 12:11pm On Nov 21, 2008
LUDALOOLO:

Right click on the name you use to create the folder .bat then click on edit look for the part that say type your password here put any password of ur choice then save it. You are done. But its not secure because anyone who have the knowledge of how you create the folder can access it.

thats true but all the same it cool as most people wont even figure out how to use it. I think there should be a way to solve this.
Re: Folder Lock Without Any Software by Suntemi(m): 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2008
I think I've gotten a good idea.

Create that Locker.bat on your desktop and it automatically create the locker folder.
Put the files you want to lock in that folder and move the locker.bat to another folder, let say My Document,
Now try double clicking on the locker.bat from My Document. You will notice it will ask if u want to lock the folder then type y. U will also notice that nothing will happen. Now try double clicking the locker.bat again it will ask you to type the password, type the password,
the locked folder will come up but without the contents ( your Files ).

So the bottom line is this,
When creating the lock folder create it in a very safe directory u can easily remember and very hard for anyone to guess. Then move the Locker.bat to the desktop, with this, i[b]t will be very hard for anyone to know where it is initially saved.[/b] And In case U want to view your contents again move the locker.bat back to that directory where you initially saved it, Double the Locker.bat and type your password, the locked folder will come up with your files. Try it.

(1) (Reply)

Buyright.biz, What Is Your Experience? / Hotspot Shield - Will It Really Conceal Your Ip / I Need Help. My Yahoomail Is Not Opening Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.