Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,402 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. (9124 Views)

Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms / Lawyers And Law Students. Help / ACCA Students, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Lawstudent: 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
A desideratum it is that we have a thread like this where lawyers, and students can introduce themselves, ask questions about each other's jobs or faculties, as the case may be and above all discuss legal issues.

So if you are a Lawyer, kindly introduce youself, by stating the name of your Alma mater, what you now do ( not everyone practices), your base and other apt particulars.

===
Law students should introduce themselves in a similar vein, viz. Name of school, ...

Thank you.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Lawstudent: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
My humble self am a proud student of the foremost prestigious law faculty of the University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus. My best law course so far is the Law of Contract.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Lawstudent: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
LAWYERS
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Lawstudent: 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
STUDENTS

=
fowowe411:
I'm Solomon a 200L law student,Repping Adekunle Ajasin University,Akungba-Akoko .Ondo-state.
Welcome Solomon
=
Iamsynord:
Unilorin law 300 lvl
Welcome
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by orobs93(m): 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
na gwo dey.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by fowowe411: 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
I'm Solomon a 200L law student,Repping Adekunle Ajasin University,Akungba-Akoko .Ondo-state.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
Lawstudent:
My humble self am a proud student of the foremost prestigious law faculty of the University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus. My best law course do far is the Law of Contract, studied tha in Sophomore.
Thank you.

Hello,I'm an intending law student in your school,am I welcomed to your thread?
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Lawstudent: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
Odilafta:

Hello,I'm an intending law student in your school,am I welcomed to your thread?
you are welcome dear. Have you got admission already?
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Lawstudent: 8:52am On Oct 09, 2014
Waiting
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 09, 2014
Unilorin law 300 lvl
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Venerable612(m): 9:29am On Oct 10, 2014
Mornin ouse. Was refered tu dz pix by somone.

Jst grad. Frm Philosophy.. Nd wnt tu study/practise Law in d UK.

Bt m somhw confused as tu d difrences btwn a Barister and a Solicitor... Nd wich z mor lucrativ.

Wnt somone tu Enlighten me.

Wud b reli grtful. Tnx

1 Like

Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Frenchkiss564: 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2014
From the prestigious obafemi awolowo university, its nice beating unilorin at the just concluded moot and mock competition

1 Like

Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by ayozainy(f): 4:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
I am Zainab, a Unilag Law fresher. Hope to learn a lot from this thread.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by seunEsq(m): 12:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
I am Seun, IFELAW (OAU) alumnus, Nigerian Law school alumnus. Called in Nov 2012
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Lawstudent: 9:31am On Oct 21, 2014
Mass failure at the NLS
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by pembisco(m): 3:59pm On Oct 21, 2014
@lawstudent. tnx for the invitation but I'm not a lawyer nor a law student. I have alot of friends as students and practicing too and my dad happened to be a high court judge too, that's how I happen to know one or two things about your profession. you guys shouldn't br discouraged about the massive failure, take it as a step to improving the standard of your profession. God bless

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Lawstudent: 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
pembisco:
@lawstudent. tnx for the invitation but I'm not a lawyer nor a law student. I have alot of friends as students and practicing too and my dad happened to be a high court judge too, that's how I happen to know one or two things about your profession. you guys shouldn't br discouraged about the massive failure, take it as a step to improving the standard of your profession. God bless
cheers
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2014
Adekunbi Ademola ILORINLAW Year 2.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by AbuuUthaymeen(m): 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
Combined Law,University of Ilorin.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by IamDejman(m): 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2014
Ayodeji 'Wande 100l

LASU LAW
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 31, 2014
Lawstudent:
My humble self am a proud student of the foremost prestigious law faculty of the University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus. My best law course so far is the Law of Contract, studied that in when I was a sophomore.
Thank you.

Really? Mine was Evidence . Contract? A big NO! So much cramming of cases and " CAP 30". I rep UNEC!

1 Like

Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Scorpiow(m): 5:36am On Nov 05, 2014
Femi 300L NOUN. I aspire to be a judge and help to transform the nation through sound and unbias judgment from the bench
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by IamDejman(m): 7:43am On Nov 06, 2014
Good day, Learning and Learned Colleague. I have a question for the house. Pls can someone tell me the legality of recording s class lecture?

Cases alongside that matter would be appreciated and any law backing it up!
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Tobbylobar(m): 8:48am On Nov 06, 2014
Good day house...
Please am in dileama and i need some advise and suggestion.
Am an ND3 accounting student with upper class am hoping to cross to univ but i av a passion for law so much that i always score high in law..like biz law,company law..am thinking of using my nd to work n den start afresh wit law...wat did u think guys..am thinking of enrolling to Noun..
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Scorpiow(m): 7:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
Tobbylobar:
Good day house...
Am an ND3 accounting student with upper class am hoping to cross to univ but i av a passion for law so much that i always score high in law..like biz law,company law..am thinking of using my nd to work n den start afresh wit law...wat did u think guys..am thinking of enrolling to Noun..
I don't understand when you say nd3. Once you meet up with the olevels requirements you can even start with NOUN before you finish with your current programme.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by HarvelDan: 6:35am On Nov 14, 2014
I'm Harvel Dan from A.B.U Zaria's Faculty of Law. I just finished my 100l 2nd Semester exams. #Officially200L
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by praise010(m): 4:04pm On Nov 14, 2014
Great Ife Law Class of 'O10
Called to Bar in July 2012
Practicing in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by praise010(m): 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2014
Tobbylobar:
Good day house...
Law is an interesting profession. However I will advise you on the following.
1. NOUN is not accredited to run law degree program. the implication is that you cannot only be a law graduate with an LLB degree but you can't be a lawyer as you can't be admitted to the law school. Note that it is until after law school that you can become a lawyer. You can Google "Accredited Faculties of Law of Nigeria Universities"
2. Most universities in Nigeria accept Direct Entry after your ND/HND. You must however have a good o'level with compulsory credits in (English. Lang & Literature in English ).
3. Law is not a lucrative profession. You ll be better off with your masters and professional programmes than spending 5/6yrs for Law degree (it won't matter if you re below 18yrs)
Let me stop here for now.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by praise010(m): 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2014
IamDejman:
Good day, Learning and Learned Colleague. I have a question for the house. Pls can someone tell me the legality of recording s class lecture?

Cases alongside that matter would be appreciated and any law backing it up!
There is no law prohibiting recording of lectures. You can record any lecture you wish to.
Some lectures may not want to be recorded for fear of being quoted.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by praise010(m): 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2014
[quote author=Venerable612
If you love advocacy (going to court) then go for Barrister. if you prefer office lawyering (go Solicitor).
Over here in Naija, there is no division. We do both.
For me, I would wish you go for Barrister. It will help you if you come back home later.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2014
praise010:

There is no law prohibiting recording of lectures. You can record any lecture you wish to.
Some lectures may not want to be recorded for fear of being quoted.
iamdejman soo u brought class issue to nairaland, I will expose u
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Lawstudent: 6:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
Happy Xmas to all. Wishing you a stellar new year.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 20 Investment Banks In Nigeria To Work In 2013 / WHY CAREER FAIL By Muyiwa Afolabi / Only 20% Of Policemen Actively Working, Says AIG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.