Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Individual With Double Master And 2 Years Working Experienceyetrogetajob - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Individual With Double Master And 2 Years Working Experienceyetrogetajob (688 Views)

Career Advice:individual With Double Masters And 2years Int'l Exp Yet2getajob / 2015/2016 Commonwealth Master’s And Phd Scholarships For Developing Commonwealth / Admissions To Study On Scholarships For Master's And Phd. Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Individual With Double Master And 2 Years Working Experienceyetrogetajob by DAMILOLAOBEMBE: 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
HOPING SOMEONE GETS TO READ MY POST: HELP NEEDED URGENTLY.
I HAVE LIVED IN UAE FOR 3 YEARS AFTER 2 YEARS WORKING EXPERIENCE AND BAGGING 2 MSC DEGREE IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT WITH MARKETING : STRATEGIC PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONSECUTIVELY , I DECIDED TO COME TO MY FATHERLAND AND PUT IN ALL LEARNT INTO NIGERIA CONSUMER ENVIRONMENT.
HOWEVER IHAVE LOOKED FOR A GOOD JOB FOR A YEAR NOW TO NO AVAIL.

MORE OVER I HAVE A CATCHING CV AND COVER LETTER SAYS HR CONSULTING COMPANIES IVE BEEN TO ; I KNOW MY STRENGHT AND CAREER FOCUS. BUT I CANT GET A JOB. SADLY I HAD TO SETTLE TOR A CONTRACT JOB IN ONE OF THE BANKS TO MEET PEOPLE AND NETWORK MY SELF... SADLY I GUES NIGERIA SYSTEM IS STIL WHO YOU KNOW THUS CWE WHO STRUGGLE TO GET A GOOD EDUCATION TO PLOUGH BACK IN NIGERIA CANT GET A DECENT JOB IN 2014 BECAUSE WE KNOW NOBODY.

KINDLY TELL ME WHAT TO DO.
THANKS

1 Like

Re: Individual With Double Master And 2 Years Working Experienceyetrogetajob by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
You will have better Job prospects with MultiNational Corporations as far as your discipline is concerned because your qualification is kinda strange to Nigerian Business Sphere also UAE certificate in Nigeria , wao wao wao.... Nigerian system Love US/British more !!
Apply to International Organisations if Age is still on your side .....

If you know your strength and career focus , which industry do you have in mind to work with in Nigeria with your double qualification ?

1 Like

Re: Individual With Double Master And 2 Years Working Experienceyetrogetajob by DAMILOLAOBEMBE: 11:55pm On Feb 09, 2015
Hi, thank you for the reply. MY university is a UK UNI: HERRIOT WATT UNIVERSITY EDINBURGH SCOTLAND. thus both certificates are UK qualifiable. Also no university in UAE are UAE owned , they are all school from other countries eg UK, AMERICA, CANADA, INDIA, EUROPE etc who moved over to UAE for multinational effect. Hence all certificates are endorsed from the UNI origin country.

I chose the campus in Dubai because while in school for post graduate studies you can also work in a proper organization unlike UK rules. Also with my career focus , UAE being a fast developing country with lot of national : Chinese, British, American, philipines, Africans, German etc. You have a better exposure to international business on a more global prism.

(1) (Reply)

Share Your New Year(2015) Resolutions, / White Collar Jobs Verus Blue Collar Jobs / Google Finally Rolls Out “undo Send” Option For Gmail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.