Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,079 members, 7,856,309 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 05:09 PM

Former Nigerian Envoy To S.a & Two Serving Senators Humiliated In S.a Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Nigerian Envoy To S.a & Two Serving Senators Humiliated In S.a Airport (992 Views)

PDP Serving Senators, Ex Govs Pass Vote Of Confidence On Modu Sheriff / IPOB Members Humiliated In Nnewi / N/assembly Deletes David Mark, 8 Others As Serving Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Nigerian Envoy To S.a & Two Serving Senators Humiliated In S.a Airport by miquest: 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2008
I personally Feel we need more of this top government personalities to go through this once in a while because this happens to innocent Nigerians everyday with Nobody to Help them out,  even our neighbours Ghana treat Nigerians with hostility and Nigerians as hospitable as we are always repair this with open arms which is nice but i personally feel something should be done and i'm Glad sumtin like this happened to this Guys,  lol

READ ON!!!!!

Former Nigeria’s High Commissioner to South Africa, Alhaji Shehu Malami and two serving senators on Saturday at the OR Tambo International Airport, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
NAN  reports that Malami, arrived in South Africa Saturday aboard a South Africa Airways flight with Senators Ayodele Arise and Kolawole Bajomo, when they were all subjected to an ignominious treatment by a female immigration officer.
The immigration officer, whose name  was given  Ms. T Madhekga, had accused the former envoy  of forging his visa and alleged that the particulars in Bajomo's yellow fever card did not tally with details in his international passport.
NAN learnt that the despite the presence and intervention of the Nigeria Consul General in Johannesburg, Mr. Kalu Ukwu and the Minister in charge of consular matters and Protocol at the Nigeria High commission, Mr. Ifeanyi Omeokachie, the officer remained adamant.
She was, however, said to be, instead, rude and screamed insulting words to the Nigerians. ``I do not care whether they are high profile personalities. These Nigerians need to be taught a lesson when they come here, ''an eye witness, who pleaded for anonymity, quoted her as saying. NAN learnt that the immigration officer delayed the Malami and the senators for more than an hour scanning their travel documents.
Contacted, Arise, confirmed the incident, adding: ``We were shocked at the immigration officer's behavior towards us, but I have tried to put the episode behind me now.''
Omeokachie, who also confirmed the incident, told NAN that the officer's behaviour  was unbecoming. `` She simply refused to listen to any of us. She said she was not bothered about who the personalities were,''he said.
He  said the Nigeria High Commissioner to South Africa had been intimated of the matter and promised to lodge a protest with the South African authorities.
The Consul General also said he was dismayed at the behaviour of the immigration officials.``It is unfortunate that a country that wants to host the world cup could still have its immigration officers behave in this ridiculous manner".
``It was certainly an ugly and shameful incident,” he said.

The matter will betaken up at a higher level to intimate the authorities of the behaviorof their junior officers".``I believe that at this stage of the relations that exist between our two nations and the closeness of time to the world cup, these officials ought to have been schooled by now on the act of decent protocol,''he said .
Re: Former Nigerian Envoy To S.a & Two Serving Senators Humiliated In S.a Airport by morpheus24: 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2008
we shall overcome!
Re: Former Nigerian Envoy To S.a & Two Serving Senators Humiliated In S.a Airport by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 10, 2008
I thought they were suppose to be passing bills into law in Abuja, wetin carry them go south?
Re: Former Nigerian Envoy To S.a & Two Serving Senators Humiliated In S.a Airport by shotster50(m): 7:50am On Nov 11, 2008
You can't blame her after seeing what the so called Nigerian officials do in S.A, who would still respect them?
Re: Former Nigerian Envoy To S.a & Two Serving Senators Humiliated In S.a Airport by okunoba(m): 3:46am On Nov 12, 2008
ur right Nuzo, they should be in Abuja working for the people.
Re: Former Nigerian Envoy To S.a & Two Serving Senators Humiliated In S.a Airport by abdurrazaq(m): 8:19am On Nov 12, 2008
The immigration officer, whose name was given Ms. T Madhekga, had accused the former envoy of forging his visa and alleged that the particulars in Bajomo's yellow fever card did not tally with details in his international passport.
This is enough to humiliate them. Common Nigerians are being put to worse shame than this for mere carrying the green passport with no irregularities in their documents angry
Thumbs up to the official cool

(1) (Reply)

Hangmen Wanted! / Is Olusegun Babatunde One Of Olusegun Obasanjo's Son? / Just An Observation: Hausa Are Taking The Flak For Fulani Misdemeanours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.