Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

When The "Pastor" Goes On Maternity Leave, What Will Happen To The Flock? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When The "Pastor" Goes On Maternity Leave, What Will Happen To The Flock? (532 Views)

Pastor Goes Physical On Boy Possesed By Snake Demon- Video / ‘I Only Did It 4 Times’ – Gay Pastor Goes To Jail. / Gay Pastor Goes To Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When The "Pastor" Goes On Maternity Leave, What Will Happen To The Flock? by SisterMe(f): 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
Just a point to show that God did not design the office of a pastor for women.

1 Like

Re: When The "Pastor" Goes On Maternity Leave, What Will Happen To The Flock? by doofanc: 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
What happens when there are two or more pastors?

What is the pastor is celibate?
Re: When The "Pastor" Goes On Maternity Leave, What Will Happen To The Flock? by BabaGnoni: 11:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
SisterMe:
Just a point to show that God did not design the office of a pastor for women.

No offense but there is no basis for your point

First
, pastor is not an appointment. "office of a pastor" is a man made invention,

Pastor is not about an office one assumes but rather it is one of the gifts
or among the gifts Christ gave to the church

Though one gift is not superior or better than the other, the pastors actually came last in the mentioning of the gifts in
Ephesians 4:11
As a matter of fact, "pastors" is in the same league as "teachers"
- this is noted when "Pastors" was couple-banded with "Teachers" in Ephesians 4:11

Now reverting to your earlier flawed point, the church has only one Pastor (i.e. Christ) however Christ gave gifts of which pastors/teachers are among the gifts, to feed his sheep with knowledge and understanding

Note the promise made earlier in Jeremiah 3:15 and the fulfilment of it in Ephesians 4:11

And I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will guide you with knowledge and understanding.
- Jeremiah 3:15 NLT

and He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets,
and some as proclaimers of good news, and some as shepherds and teachers,

- Ephesians 4:11 Young's Literal Translation

If Rachel can be a shepherdess (i.e. Genesis 29:9) if Moses' father-in-law's seven daughters draw water to fill the troughs to water their father’s flock (i.e. Exodus 2:16) then it shouldn't be odd, women receiving and using the shepherd gift given out by Christ
- "water" by the way, is symbolic for the Word of God

In Bible times, women as well as men were shepherds (i.e. pastors), they filled brough with water, they feed, (e.g. Song of Solomon 1:8 )
and shepherds then were not lording people or acting in a superior and domineering manner towards fellow others

It is worth noticing that, apart from Shepherd (i.e. Jesus), there isn't a pastor mention in the New Testament, there is one occurrence as pastors (i.e. in small "p" and plural in Ephesians 4:11) but no mention of pastor, to lead or give it an undue ranking, eminence, prominence or superiority status.

Ought not this woman, a daughter of Abraham whom Satan bound, be loosed from this bond and be set free?
Shouldn't we be encouraging and promoting gifted women, as done with men?
The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Jet May Be Responsible For Synagogue Building ‘mystery’ / True Meaning Of Grace / Dangers Of Today's "Safe-sex" Propaganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.