Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,267 members, 7,836,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

10/11/08 - Nigerian Stock Market On The Rise? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 10/11/08 - Nigerian Stock Market On The Rise? (751 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Website For Analysing The Nigerian Stock Market? / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10/11/08 - Nigerian Stock Market On The Rise? by sola8: 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2008
I've noticed that the Nigerian stock market seems to have picked up over the last week. Does anyone have any information/ explanation as to why this is happening? I'm glad that things are looking up, I'm just curious as to the reason behind the upward trend. Perhaps the market is responding to some news from the govt or elsewhere,
Re: 10/11/08 - Nigerian Stock Market On The Rise? by mrdollar1: 11:27am On Nov 11, 2008
@sola8
yes the market is responding to the
news release by the NSE i.e

The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) has removed
the one percent (1%) stock price movement and
has introduced Circuit Breakers. Professor Mrs. Ndi Okereke
(GCEO) of the Exchange made this confirmation

Again, Prof. Mrs. Okereke-Onyiuke confirmed that the 100,000 limit
of number of shares at which prices could move for any single
transaction by a Stockbroker would no longer exist,
but would now be 50,000 units before any gain or loss
can be made.

In the same vein, the GCEO of the NSE confirmed
that Foreign Investors who are interested on a
long term investment in the Nigerian Capital Market
had approached the Management of the Exchange
and are waiting for the market to bottom out
before bringing in their money.

you can send an email to me i.e dollarintime@gmail.com
if you need more info
Re: 10/11/08 - Nigerian Stock Market On The Rise? by sola8: 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2008
Thanks Mr Dollar! I appreciate the insight. Have a lovely day! smiley

(1) (Reply)

How Can You Trade Stock From USA In Nigeria ? / NSE Buy Alert. / Motivation: Don't Join The Bandwagon, Be A Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.