Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,076 members, 7,825,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Is It Right For A Believer To Work In A Brewery? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Believer To Work In A Brewery? (1150 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian Wife To Say Things Like These During Sex? / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer / Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Believer To Work In A Brewery? by dearie(m): 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2006
Recently n my church, we had a hectic time, discussing this issue. and as expected there were pple throwing their weights on both sides of the divide.

Just posting it here to seek a broader- scale opinion.
Re: Is It Right For A Believer To Work In A Brewery? by sage(m): 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2006
My guy if i might ask u,whatz wrong with beer?
Re: Is It Right For A Believer To Work In A Brewery? by kiki(f): 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2006
i don't think their's anything wrong with workin there

sage:

My guy if i might ask u,whatz wrong with beer?

i don't drink it but what is wrong with it?
Re: Is It Right For A Believer To Work In A Brewery? by buchio7(m): 10:11pm On Jul 31, 2006
dey are two parallel arguments totally, dat a guy works in a brewery does not necessarily mean he defiles himself wit alcohol. Jesus turned water to wine too but did dat in anyway diminish d significance of His sacrifice for humanity? ppl must erk a living and if dey have to work in a brewery to make ends meet,den it is a noble act . would the ppl in church prefer a guy to be out of work and be a nuisance to his family and society or that he do meaningful work even if in a brewery and take care of his responsibilities to himself and ppl?
Re: Is It Right For A Believer To Work In A Brewery? by GL(f): 1:56am On Aug 03, 2006
There's nothing wrong with a believer working in a brewery as long as he doesn't get drunk. Drunkeness is the sin.
Re: Is It Right For A Believer To Work In A Brewery? by Izzo(m): 2:57am On Aug 16, 2006
I don't see anything wrong when a believer work for a brewering company, as long as he doesn't get drunk. But, one thing u have to be careful of him being 2 friendly wit the Pastor or it's team. If u know what i mean
Re: Is It Right For A Believer To Work In A Brewery? by femwich(m): 8:44pm On Jan 27, 2008
what if the believer works in a marijauna farm and he does not getting high, there is realli notin wrong wit it abi,no be so tongue
Re: Is It Right For A Believer To Work In A Brewery? by darfur(m): 9:31pm On Jan 27, 2008
femwich:

what if the believer works in a marijauna farm and he does not getting high, there is realli notin wrong wit it abi,no be so tongue

marijuana destroys the body. it's injurious to your health and since your body is the temple of God, and it destroys your body, then it is a sin b/c you are destroying God's temple.

alcohol on the other hand can be useful for health. it has been proven medically that moderate alcohol is cardioprotective. this means that if you take moderate alcohol regularly or occasionally, you are less liekly to have heart problems in life than those who dont take alcohol at all. and the bible never said thou shall not drink, but thou shall not get drunk.

marijuana has no advantage, alcohol has an advantage if used moderately
that is the difference. tongue

sign . . . . Dr Darfur cool
Re: Is It Right For A Believer To Work In A Brewery? by femwich(m): 10:43pm On Jan 28, 2008
Cannabis as a medicine became common throughout much of the world by the 19th century. It was used as the primary pain reliever until the invention of aspirin.[10] Modern medical and scientific inquiry began with doctors like O'Shaughnessy and Moreau de Tours, who used it to treat melancholia, migraines, and as a sleeping aid, analgesic and anticonvulsant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_marijuana

alcohol too has thesame significant effect, see alcohol as a more acceptable drug.

they all gonna get u high.

believers, u r free to work anywhere,simple, dont get high,hmmmmmmm! grin
Re: Is It Right For A Believer To Work In A Brewery? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2013
Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Quotes! / ? ? ? ? / Reach-out Nigeria 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.