Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. (1646 Views)

How To End A Call For Android. Power Button Is Silent Mode Instead / Tasker Tutorial (toggling Wi-fi & Mobile Data On Per App) / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. by nosmas: 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
Tasker is one powerful android customization app that allow you to instruct your phone to function to your imagination. As far as Tasker is concern, your phone is as smart as you can imagine. Imagine your phone sending birthday random greetings to all your friend who are in your contact when their birthday is due.
Tasker help you to replace all those customization apps that can occupy your phone memory and eat into your battery. (I have replace 3 of the note 3 apps) and tasker is doing the work of like 10 apps for me right now
Tasker can act base on time, day, location, state of your phone, calendar entries and even on weather of the day
You can read more about Tasker in the following site.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en
http://tasker.dinglisch.net/

Right now these are the profiles I have running on my note 3 and what they do
speak caller or texter-
This one simply speaks out the name of whoever is calling me or who so ever has sent me a text.as long as the name is in my contact
It repeat it every 10 seconds until I pick the call or stop it or it becomes a missed call. as for the text, until I read the text. this help me to make sure I act on all sms that comes into my phone
Smart pick
-when my phone rings, immediately I pick it up or tilt it forward to my self, the ringing turns into mute, if it is a call I want to take, I then shake the phone a bit or just put it closer to my ear and pronto! the phone will connect. Otherwise it remains in mute till it rings out. Good when I'm in a meeting
Smart speaker:
this complement smart pick in that when call is connected, if I remove the phone from my ear, the loudspeaker automatic comes on. if I put it back to my ear, the, the speaker switch off. Best when I want to take note from my conversation or busy with my hands
Auto Wi-Fi
Anytime I'm around my office or home, my Wi-Fi automatically switch on and connect me and when I leave those two places, it's off. So battery is preserved
App-on mobile-
when I'm not at home and not in the office, that mean no Wi-Fi connection for me. This profile help me to turn on my internet for me to sync my mail at every 15min for 2 mins and switch off the internet. Likewise when I open some specified apps. The internet comes on automatically.
These are some of my few Tasker profiles. Though I'm still a newbiz to Tasker, so I want people to share their profiles with me and possibly lecture me on more profile
Re: Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. by nosmas: 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
Car Bluetooth profile-
some call this phone hand off drive profile
whenever I enter my car and with like 3 minute drive out of office or home, tasker automatically switch on my Bluetooth and automatically connect it to my car Bluetooth, as soon as I alight from the car tasker wait for 2 to 3 minutes and switch off my Bluetooth
Re: Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. by nosmas: 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
Battery manager profile-
although this profile work more with setCpu than on tasker, tasker help to compliment it and this has increase my battery life by 300 to 400% (no joke)
when my phone screen is off, meaning I am not using the phone, tasker instruct setcpu to put the Cpu to work at the lowest speed attainable- between 250-300 and as soon as I open the phone, I have my full power back.
imagine before this profile, if I full charge my phone at bedtime and go to sleep, I wake up with 75-80% battery life. but since after this profile, if I wake up in the morning after full charge, I still have 95-97% battery ife
Re: Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. by Ay92(m): 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2014
I have installed / uninstalled the app a million times. It's just too complicated for me to understand

1 Like

Re: Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. by nosmas: 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
Ay92:
I have installed / uninstalled the app a million times. It's just too complicated for me to understand
yes you are correct but if you start with simple simple profile, you learn over time. a little research, a little attempt, you master it
Re: Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. by Ay92(m): 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
nosmas:
yes you are correct but if you start with simple simple profile, you learn over time. a little research, a little attempt, you master it
Please can you put me through the programs you stated
Re: Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. by nosmas: 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
Intro To Tasker

By default, Tasker app has three tabs along the top—Profiles, Tasks and Scenes—and a Home tab at the bottom.
A profile in Tasker is a group of contexts organized with the ‘AND’ logic. Simply it is a "what should happy" we all know that when a call come into your phone, your phone will ring, so, in Tasker, the call coming in is the profile. examples include
:should my battery be 25% or Below
should it be 1 O clock or 2 O clock
should it be Monday or Tuesday or January or February or march
Should my screen be or off, phone is charging, my speed is 50km/hr. etc.
You can, for instance, create a profile that is only active on Sundays, when your phone is plugged in and the screen is turned on. This profile will only work when all three contexts are true.

A task is what a profile will do once it triggers. So, for example, so, in our above illustration,
once a call come in(profile) the phone Rings (task)

As part of a task, you can set Tasker to throw up a custom-made window with buttons and text fields of your choosing—to take some input from the user, for example, or to give them some options—and that is called a scene. For the purposes of this article, however, we won’t be looking into the scenes aspect of Tasker.

There is a fourth tab on the top that is only visible if you turn off beginner mode in the app’s preferences, and it’s called “Vars”, which is short for “variables”.. will we leave scene and Variable for future
Re: Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. by nosmas: 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2014
a look at the home page of tasker

Re: Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. by mainheart(m): 4:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
Na free
Re: Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. by nosmas: 5:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
now let do a task for our android phone
our aim- when I launch music app my speaker volume should go highest irrespective of the what is ti now

on the tasker home "previous page"(page pg. A) right at the bottom, is a plus (+) sign
Let click it and a list come to us (Pg. B)
lets click "application" and all the list of application (Pg. C) on your phone is loaded. scroll to your favorite music app(s) and click it/them (Mine is Music folder)
click 'back Button' on your phone and your are taken to task page
On Task Page click new task and 'type' "music on"
you are taken to task page proper
Now click the plus(+)sign at the button and these (page D) will load
Click audio and Another (pg. E) will load
look for Media volume and click it and you are taken to (pg. F)
drag the slider to maximum (mine is 15)
click back on your phone and we are done on this.
Now let test our task profile
to test the of our task , lower your phone volume to zero or put your phone on mute
now launch any of your selected music app(s). and you can reply to me what happen!

our next project will be

If I plug in my earpiece, tasker should launch my music app

1 Like

Re: Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. by nosmas: 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
pg f

Re: Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. by Francheezy(m): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ay92:

No b only u ooooo. One day I go get time sabi shaaa
Re: Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. by nosmas: 7:14am On Oct 10, 2014
mainheart:
Na free
Tasker on playstore is not free but you can get it free from trusted black market
Re: Android Power User! Anyone? let Talk TASKER And Share Profile. by nosmas: 7:17am On Oct 10, 2014
Francheezy:

No b only u ooooo. One day I go get time sabi shaaa
If you walk it thru with me. You'll master it.
Just try this example I have up here and get the feel of Tasker wonder

(1) (Reply)

How To Write Bangla In Android, Iphone With Keyboard / Elephone P6000 User's Suite / HTC And Samsung Go Head To Head Today(launches New Phones)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.