Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Please Help Me Advise My Friend! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help Me Advise My Friend! (736 Views)

My Friend Has Been Withdrawn From School, Should I Tell Her? / I Have 6credits Excluding English Nd Chemistry Pls Help Me Advise / Please I Need Your Advise! My Uk Mba Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Advise My Friend! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 08, 2014
A friend of mine have been complaining about an issue he has, he told me that whenever he wants to read n understand any subject his mind begins to think on other things ,he said e keeps trying to focus bt doesnt seem to work, me i dnt knw what to tell him, dunno if it is a spiritual thing oo. . Please advise me on what to tell him. . Thankz in advance for your comment
Re: Please Help Me Advise My Friend! by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
Re: Please Help Me Advise My Friend! by STENON(f): 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
He should check himself. I hope he is not having Psychological problem or Heartbreak

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Advise My Friend! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
STENON:
He should check himself. I hope he is not having Psychological problem or Heartbreak
no nt @all bt he is beginning to catch up tho
Re: Please Help Me Advise My Friend! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
zleemshaddy:
A friend of mine have been complaining about an issue he has, he told me that whenever he wants to read n understand any subject his mind begins to think on other things ,he said e keeps trying to focus bt doesnt seem to work, me i dnt knw what to tell him, dunno if it is a spiritual thing oo. . Please advise me on what to tell him. . Thankz in advance for your comment
He needs to train himself to focus.

Do's:
-study when he is alert
-have a properly-lighted study area
-create a timetable and follow it
-sit up straight; no studying in bed, with legs on couch, etc
-set goals for his classes

Don'ts:
-leave things till the last minute
-study with distractions around. i will say that some people actually study better with a little bit of background noise or music, while others (like me) need complete silence. He needs to figure out which one he is.
-text or talk on the phone will studying, unless it's an emergency. otherwise, the use of electronic devices should be kept to a minimum. i will say, don't use them at all. turn cellphones off. if it's a must for his computer to be open while studying, FB and other sites that will distract him should be off.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Advise My Friend! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
Yields:

He needs to train himself to focus.

Do's:
-study when he is alert
-have a properly-lighted study area
-create a timetable and follow it
-sit up straight; no studying in bed, with legs on couch, etc
-set goals for his classes

Don'ts:
-leave things till the last minute
-study with distractions around. I will say that some people actually study better with a little bit of background noise or music, while others (like me) need complete silence. He needs to figure out which one he is.
-text or talk on the phone will studying, unless it's an emergency. otherwise, the use of electronic devices should be kept to a minimum. i will say, don't use them at all. turn cellphones off. if it's a must for his computer to be open while studying, FB and other sites that will distract him should be off.
a very big thanks dear, I will surely tell him cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Youths Launch Tuition-free University (free University Of Nigeria) / Nairalanders,pls Am In Needs Of Your Help / 2015:international Schorlarships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.