Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? (2006 Views)

Fayose Personally Gives Food Items To Residents In Ekiti State. Photos / Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years / GEJ Can Rule From Anywhere In The World – Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by safariking(m): 11:51pm On Jul 31, 2006
I am one of the few that can rule Nigeria successfully. I will be a dictator, hibrid of Abacha, Mandela, Margaret Tasha (can't spell) and Bill Clinton. I will impose my laws. I will not allow democracy because it doesnt work in nations as diverse as Nigeria. I will make everybody speak English, by force. I will eliminate all the Past Rulers by leaving them to be stoned at a market square. I will make Police and military have pay equivalent to teachers that way they don't take bribe. I will not make education free because it lowers the standards. The only thing that will be free will be water and air. You will still have to pay to park your vehicles and pay tax for sales or purchases, in short everything will be taxed. Every one must have a national identification number for social security purposes. If you are not educated you will be drafted to the farm, or manual labor (brick laying etc) whether you like it or not. I will split the country into 3 regions North, West and East, with each having a prime minister, any community feeling marginalized will be silenced by my military. I'm sorry we cannot be split into 400 tribes, if u are not happy with 3 regions, i will have to imprison you. I will pull out of OPEC, and increase the price of each barrel of Oil, fortunately Nigeria has the best Oil in the world, the US will still buy it. I will make the oil companies develop all the roads in Nigeria, else they get the f**k out of the country. And those rioters in the delta will all be in jail. I will fire all the NEPA managers, and contract out the managing of Nigerias engergy sector to SIEMENS (a german energy company), i don't care about Nationalism here, Nigerians couldn't manage it in the past 40yrs, let Germany try. Well i have a 100 other things i plan to do, but i am not interested yet, cos i am afraid i will be assasinated. However, i do believe nobody can save that country except a benevolent dictator. There are only a few of them left in this world, are you one of them?

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by WesleyanA(f): 12:07am On Aug 01, 2006
no. I'm not a leader like that.
but i can be an advisor to the ruler. lol

i'll build a leadership school (elementary through college) to train and instill true leadership skills in Nigerian youth.
a USMA type school or something like that. it can be civilian too.
Re: Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by Seun(m): 12:11am On Aug 01, 2006
I'm not going to lead Nigeria, and I will achieve more for Nigeria than all of Nigeria's leaders combined.

I'm an entrepreneur, and entrepreneurs are the ones who move the economy forward.

WesleyanA, do you really have to be the president of Nigeria to build a school of leadership? Why not start by posting a thread on leadership? Do you think being the president will automagically make you effective?
Re: Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by WesleyanA(f): 12:20am On Aug 01, 2006
leadership comes in many forms. I'm not a political kind of leader.
I'm more of a humanitarian kind (schools, community e.t.c) That's why I like schools with emphasis on leadership.

being a president is a really hard task. You can't satisfy everybody and i'm a type of person who won't feel comfortable if only one side gains and the other looses. it's a lot more complicated than that but i'll find a position like that drowning.

so no, i can't be a president. i'd rather be advisor to the president. lol
Re: Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by DaHitler(m): 4:19am On Aug 01, 2006
Safariking, I like your ideas.

One thing I will like to know is what states belong to what regions? and are the regions allowed to have their army? If not, you are aware that the next "dictator" after you might decide to consolidate power, in so doing, ruin your confederational system.

I don't disagree with foreigners controlling our energy supply. In fact, I will do a lot to hinder foreigners "owning" anything major like electricity generation, rail ways and ports. Such things are too vital to put in the hands of foreigners.

Add to your list the death of God. Such a being limits the potential of the people. As a replacement, the believe that people, by carring out extraordinary deeds can assend to Gods themselves would be adopted. You know, the kind of system that inspired Great men like Ogun and later on, handed them immortality. Tales of heroic men beheading mighty Gods in a quest to serve their nation would be told. In essence the people of Niger would be made God amongst men.
Re: Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by nilla(f): 10:47pm On Aug 01, 2006
I think anyone can rule Nigeria. I personally think we need someone that cares passionately about Nigeria. I think I can rule Nigeria not as a dictator though (as safariking is suggesting). While I agree that democracy doesn't seem to be working too well now, but we should remember that it has to take a while before things start functioning well.

What i will do differently is to spend more time in nigeria, not outside (thats the job of ambassadors). Reason being I dont think any other country cares about Nigeria that much (except for economic benefits).
One of the things I will focus more on will be to improve the system of education (I think thats the most important thing right now).
I will encourage the growth of more home based oil companies.
I will make sure something is done about our roads (MAINTENANCE FOR A START)
And finally but not the least work on poverty and unemployment.
Re: Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by otokx(m): 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2006
This is quite an effort.
Re: Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by safariking(m): 10:45pm On Aug 08, 2006
Well, as regards emphasis on people ascending and becoming Gods, this may be discouraged, so as to emphasize the separation of church from state. imposing religion on others will be discouraged, as well as religious conflict. if your religion is friendly and great, others will be attracted to it by the deeds of the followers of the religion.

as regards more people spending time within Nigeria, i believe we all naturally will like to be in our country, but the country must have something meaningful to offer. nobody will leave a good paying job abroad to be jobless at home. jobs are not too hard to create, but it is easier to steal and care for self, than to have a global outlook and cater for the masses. the common man still suffers in Nigeria, and till that changes, there will be massive exodus from the country for all those who get VISA's

Charismatic leaders are usually able to engender change of heart among a multitude of people. As we all know that change is only lasting when it comes from the bottom - up, as a Nigerian Leader, i will organize grassroot movements that focus on ethics and social responsibility. Only a universal change by ALL nigerians is the panacea to corruption that is eating deep into all fabrics of Nigeria's existence.

The emperor has spoken.
Re: Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by iice(f): 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2006
I dont think i can rule Nigeria (not one for politics) neither do i think anyone can rule. To set the country straight, we need a strong leader, one who is passionate about Nigeria as a whole, one who is patriot, one who wants the best for Nigeria as a whole and not for himself/herself (althou, realistically speaking i dont think a woman will lead anytime soon) Having said that, I dont think there will be someone who could shape nigeria based on progress for the nation and not for oneself because corruption rules there. Even if he were well intentioned, he would either be corrupted or step down for fear of corrupting his ideals. Sarafiking, you do have some good ideas esp you last post, i liked those ideas. Importantly what you say about grassroot movement is right on target. wink
Am crossing ma fingers for naija o, that we get on track to where we are supposed to be.
@nilla, is oil the only economic benefit you would encourage? Yes it brings us alot of money, but why do we solely depend on it. We are a blessed nation with abundant resources and yet we do nothing with them
Re: Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by nilla(f): 7:00pm On Aug 09, 2006
@ iice,

read my post again, thats not the only thing i will encourage.
Re: Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by iice(f): 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2006
nilla i know that is not the only you would encourage. What i meant was that in terms of economy (exports) is oil the only resource to develop?
Re: Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by safariking(m): 8:17pm On Aug 09, 2006
The only thing Nigeria loses more than oil, is our precious human beings. The only thing more valuable to Nigeria than oil is our human resources. At such a time like this, i remember a tiny country like Israel really small in size and population but is the envy of all of the arab world even those with tonnes of oil. Chastised for decades in Europe, blacklisted by several nations in the Middle East, in a land with little mineral resources they still have the third best millitary and one of the strongest economies in the world. The key to their success is the people, their brotherly love and their work ethics. Nigeria should take a cue from that.

Oil isnt everything, but at least it will be nice if the oil wealth can be managed effectively. Those that can manage it are perhaps lounging in beaches in America or Europe or working with industries, hospitals, universities and banks abroad. i don't blame them though. Many of them were frustrated and had to leave Nigeria.

Dont get me wrong, the brain drain is not yet overwhelming and Nigeria still has millions of able bodies within Nigeria that can save her from the plight of underdevelopment. However it is not for the faint of heart as it is a daunting hill to climb, it is a long rope to pull, it is truly an herculean task. And so many have resolved to settle for the status quo. The solution lies in YOU and I to step to the plate and start being responsible leaders or followers in our own little way. @ DaHitler's footer is a profound quote that those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.

Spoken word from the emperor.
Re: Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by nilla(f): 5:29pm On Aug 10, 2006
@ iice,

oil is not the only thing to develop in terms of things to export economically (even though we have to pay special attention to it while there is still demand in the market for it). Other economic things to develop would be the things we used to export before (don't remember but i think nuts and cocoa etc.).
4 to 8 years is a short time to accomplish a lot of things, thats why i listed a few. if few importants are done very well, then Nigeria as a whole would have accomplished a lot.
Re: Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by iice(f): 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2006
nilla got your point cheesy
Re: Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by nilla(f): 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2006
thank you girl for feeling me smiley
Re: Do You Personally Think You Can Rule Nigeria? What Will You Do Differently? by diddy4(m): 5:31am On Aug 11, 2006
i will do most of the things some of y'all have said but i will make sure some people are dead first.

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerians In Diaspora Really Inconsequential / Discovery Of The Century / Oil Minister In Oil Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.