Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

The Man, The Message And The Mandate - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Man, The Message And The Mandate (4681 Views)

The Man Pastor Chris Oyakhilome ::. / Strange Message And Image Appear In Brasil / Matthew 23, The Message. Let's Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man, The Message And The Mandate by Gombs(m): 7:22am On Oct 09, 2014

The Kingdom of God we belong to is a real kingdom. We haven't been given some fables. It is something very real. From tonight the spirit of God will stir you in a special way. I love what the Lord tells us. Not by might, not by power but by the Spirit of God. One
word from God could change you forever. God is passionate about having you fulfill your destiny in Him. It’s the most important thing in life.

[size=20pt]THE MAN[/size]
Tonight I'm going to share with you The Man, The Message and The Mandate.
We are here because of the Man, The Message and The Mandate. "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie notwink a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity." (1 Timothy 2:5-7).

First, its about the man Jesus. Who He is, our conviction of his personality, origin and purpose. That's why we are gathered here on earth today.
There are no two mediators and there is only one God. There may be many that are called gods but there is only one God. There's no other way for human beings -Jesus- One who reconciles men to God, one who bridges the gap, one who makes peace and friendship between God and men. And there's enough motivation to preach the Gospel.

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12).
I am convinced that there is no salvation in no other. And I'm stirred by that thought. Man is doomed without Jesus. And we can't continue to act as though there's another and keep quiet. And we cannot wait too long to save souls. There's a God that they cannot see, know and approach.

Acts 17:10
"And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews." (Acts 17:10). These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." (Acts 17:11).

He was comparing two people of Thessalonica and Barea. They both had different response to the word. What made them noble? They received the word with all readiness of mind.
They looked into the scriptures to verify whether it was true. They prepared their minds to receive the word. The prophets of old used to tell
the people to prepare their hearts for the word. They were voracious for the word. The other people in Thessalonica argued in their minds. They weren't ready for the word.

...Who gave himself a ransom; ransom for us. He paid a debt I couldn’t pay and I got to tell others because they don't know. Someone has got to tell them.
We dare call him a man but He lived in such a way that we could call him truly man and truly God. He was a consummate man and everything thing God wanted a man to be.
Did you hear him pray? No man prays like him. He prayed differently from the Pharisees. He spoke with such staggering confidence. And one time it was so amazing the audacity with which he prayed as he said I thank God that you here me. Oh dear God could I talk like that!
In the boat he stunned the disciples. At this one time, they were scared to the bones. But the master turned to the waging waves and said 'Peace'. The disciples wondered where they were.
At another time, they see one like ghost coming walking on water. Peter said Master can I walk on water too? And he did. What manner of man is this? How can we explain this? Who can we retell?
He opened blind eyes, raised the dead, replaced amputated legs. As if that was not all.

At the night when he was betrayed, Judas comes with soldiers. Jesus stepped out and asks who do you seek? They couldn't know who was
Jesus. They all looked alike. So Judas comes out and hugs him. Judas as he called in love ask him, 'You betray a man with a kiss?' . They expected Jesus to flee but He doesn't. He didn't struggle with them. Can a man so powerful give himself to his adversaries? Those he had healed now persecute him.

He is sent to Pilate and He asks whether he could be released. They said no. Pilate was surprised. They wanted Barabbas in the place of Jesus.
Pilate then gives Jesus away to be crucified. We thought we had seen a marvel. Wait. They nailed him to the cross. With his nails and feet bleeding he was raised. The disciples were waiting for him to perform a miracle.

All those who knew the scriptures remembered the scriptures. "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own
way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." (Isaiah 53:6).

Judas couldn’t believe Jesus was giving himself to die. The others thought, maybe the last moment. Then they heard Jesus say it is finished. "If its finished come down,” they thought. No! Then he says Father into your hands commend my spirit.

He's dead. A roman soldier thrushed a spear into Jesus side. Blood and water gushed out. He was truly dead. On that cross the most powerful line he had made was "Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing". He could stand in the presence of his enemies and ask for forgiveness.

Brothers and sisters, there’s only one man and one mediator, the Man Jesus.

Re: The Man, The Message And The Mandate by Gombs(m): 7:23am On Oct 09, 2014
[size=20pt]the Message[/size]

Christianity is the living life of Christ in a human person.

1 Timothy 2:5-6
5 for there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

God has called us into a ministry between God and men. Jesus is the man like the Bible says He was fully man as He was fully God. The message is what Jesus came to do. The man CHRIST JESUS was crucified for all. We were the ones for whom He gave His life.

The message of Jesus Christ is encapsulated in one thought, which is about JESUS and [size=16pt]His liquid love (love that flows),[/size] [size=16pt]forgiveness[/size] and The Bible records that God poured out His love upon all and this came through Christ Jesus. While we were yet sinners was when Christ came to die for us. He gave His life for the purpose of saving us, which is of no lesser value. This means that Jesus and His vicarious death defined the value of a human being. He told us practically by His sacrifice that we're worth His life. God loved and loves us same way He loves Jesus. He gave His life that I may have nothing of a lesser value so that I should have His life.

Galatians 2:20
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

This scripture means that we must live God's dream for us; the dream of the one who loved me and gave Himself so He could have me, the one who thought I was worth His blood, His life.
*I refuse to be poor. *
*I refuse to be broke.*
* I refuse to live an unfulfilled life. *
*I am above this world not subject to its principles. *
*I am not ordinary. *
*I am royalty.*

It’s about the liquid love of Christ; the ever-flowing love. He thought I am something, He thought I was valuable and He didn't even wait for me to act first, He just gave Himself for me. If God so loved me, that means I'm special so I'm going to talk special, think special, live special and be special. If someone ask you "You think you're special?", now I'm sure your reply will be different. I am going to live God's dream. I am going to fulfill my destiny in Christ. I am going to live my life; Happy, Prosperous , Successful , Excellent , Winning all the time in Jesus name.
Jesus Christ, Son of the living God arose early in the morning on the third day like He said He would and He did this for me.

What a miracle just for my sake. Hallelujah!!!

He's alive. Very alive.
It is now Jesus' father and our father.

Acts 1:8
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

[size=16pt]It is about forgiveness.[/size]
Do you understand forgiveness?
There is no forgiveness in religion.
Jesus brought forgiveness. That's why the Bible tells us that through Christ comes forgiveness. The people of the world and religions go through thick and thin to get forgiveness and still yet they won't and can't obtain it. In the religions you've got to pay for your sins but Jesus gives forgiveness. Your good works cannot outweigh your bad works. No amount of pure water will purify impure water.

Christ was on the cross and with His liquid love He proved He could forgive. It wasn't a political love or forgiveness but real true forgiveness. He said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do". Having a record as though you've never sinned. There is forgiveness for all the little stupid things we do. God is not counting them against us.

The wonderful thing about receiving forgiveness from Christ is He gives you power to live above sin. [size=16pt]The message is about His righteousness;[/size] the rightness of God. The power to be always right. You don't know what is right until you meet God. God is the only one who can tell us what He accepts and rejects. But to be able to stand before God blameless is the rightness. God is too glorious. Jesus is too great. The Bible says Jesus made this world.
Did you know Jesus created you?

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The term creature designates something made, something different, indescribable.
In the realm of the spirit something marvelous happened. There is something more glorious inside us, something marvelous. No wonder the Bible talks about the greater one living inside of us. Now we have the heart and right of Christ Jesus.

1. We have the gift of righteousness.
2. We have been declared righteous. This is how we have been made before the Lord. He's made us righteous. Giving us everything that Jesus for as a gift- Glory to God I've got His righteousness. His gift of righteousness is my ticket to His presence and in His presence am I declared righteous.
3. We are His (Christ Jesus)

2 Corinthians 5:17-19
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:
19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

The good news is that God is not counting our sins against us. This is the gospel. The message of reconciliation. Isn't this wonderful.

Romans 5:1 & 17 Vs.1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

We are born of the Spirit. Born of the word. Now we are justified, declared righteous.

2 Corinthians 5:20-21 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.)

Without an effort of ours, He made us the very express image of His . Why would you rather live in sin and condemnation when you can freely become the righteousness of God as in the very image of His righteousness?

...To be continued (the Mandate)
Re: The Man, The Message And The Mandate by Gombs(m): 7:23am On Oct 09, 2014
[size=20pt]The Mandate[/size]
Glory to God, we began discussing certain important things about the ministry last night. I told you we are looking at three important things as ministers and have it very clear in our spirit. But be successful in what He has called us to do.

You will be stable and unshakeable and always abiding in the word of God. A clear foundation for your faith, everyday Christian life, many have many questions that trouble them. Does God really mean these things? Are they dependable are they not dependable? Will we one day discover that the bible is not meant to be ignored. What if Jesus comes, will I be taken with Him?

Once these three factors are clear to you, you'll be unshakeable. We started with the Man Jesus, the Son of God; completely man and completely God. The most amazing man that ever came to this shore. The greatest individual to have work the streets of this word, Jesus Christ, son of the living God. He's beyond a man.

(Colossians 1:19 KJV) For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell.

(Colossians 2:9 KJV) For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

The totality of Deity is fully encapsulated in the Man of Galilee. God in Human Form. What this begin to tell you... He's responsible for the breathe of your life. Even though He is, He's more than the One that God exalted. Oh, He's great, King of Glory. Okay, He's more than that. In Him dwelleth all the Godhead. He's the completeness of God. This Man Jesus, everything is in Him and for Him. You're dealing with not only an exalted man, but with God.

All of God is in Him, don't you get it. He does not have the presence of God. All the fullness of the Godhead dwelleth in Him, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost lives in Him. On the throne of Almighty God seats Jesus Christ. He's the One on that throne. That's what Revelation says. No wonder He says fear not. He's the possessor of all things. Hallelujah.

Understand who Jesus really is. This is no religion. Jesus is God in Human flesh. And now that He's gone to heaven, He has pleased the Father that angels see God in Jesus. The scriptures are written there for us, you just
saw them.
We went on to discuss His message He brought to the word. His message of liquid love.-What a description. Greater love than this has no man than to give His life...
His life and forgiveness and righteousness, how Jesus expressed that love and loved them so even when they hated Him. They don't have to deserve your forgiveness; they even don't have to ask for it. Just forgive. Without strings attached.

We also discussed His righteousness. He gave us the gift of Righteousness. We became legally and inherently righteousness when we accepted it. It became our life and we were justified. He called us the righteousness. The third one is that we are now the proof of His righteousness. If you want to know that God is good, look at me. What a calling. I can be impartial and just. I judge with the eyes of God. I look at what God says. What's on God's mind? Not who was right or wrong. We bring men into the Righteousness of God. Jesus brought to us the Righteousness of God. We live and express it; I'm the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Imagine meditating on it every day? Walking on that unconsciously!

Faith becomes real. Prosperity and abundance becomes real. You don't have to wonder about prosperity message. That's the big thing-The expression of God in me. How could I be poor, or broke or sick? It's not about giving and receiving. It will be fought into right perspective. No more arguments about right or wrong. It's the nature of God. You're the light of the world. You're the light of life if you follow Jesus. Set your focus on Him. As we look, we are metamorphosed. We are growing and becoming like Him. Transfigured to be like Him, Full of glory and joy, Joy unspeakable, beyond expression. You don't have enough vocabulary to express Him.

We're absolved into Him, the world seem to melt away. All you see is God. The most important in your life is to love the Man Jesus with all your being, To become passionate. This is where you will begin to understand the mandate.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie notwink a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity (1 Timothy 2:5 - 2:7 KJV).

He gave Himself a ransom for me. A message that will be preached at the right time. The right time came when the Holy Ghost came. To bear a testimony... I'm a preacher and teacher. Tell it, sing it. Where unto I'm ordained a cell leader, a singer, etc . it's about the message and the man behind the message.

The mandate is that we've been authorized and commanded to tell and preach this message. Years ago, I was driven to tell this message. They more I do, the more I love Jesus and discover something beautiful.

If ye love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15 KJV)

The love of Jesus became the driving force. He told me to tell the whole world of His liquid love, that He came to save them. He was crucified, died and buried and God raised Him. When they believe, they are saved. There's no other way. There's no other name. If you keep quiet, you don't know Him, you don’t love Him. To know Him is to love Him. When you truly see Him, you will love Him and preach Him.
How could a man walk away from God? Is it possible? That love should compel you. Paul of Tarsus' story. Paul believed that Jesus was a deceiver and was driven to arrest all His followers.

It's how to bring what's inside you that matters. All you need is to live from your inside. Be acquainted with what you have in your spirit. Understand Christ and Holy Ghost and say bye to the world. I see life differently. I see things differently, life take a new meaning. You live from the inside. Help people to understand this. The greatest things in life are inside you.

Have you ever met people that say that they are hot tempered? Others think that they're strict. That's their mindset. It's a problem. Look at this. When that woman who was chased by the mob, she ran to Jesus, not to the Sadducees or Pharisees! Even sinners go to Jesus knowing that He will accept them. Can someone who has done something wrong run to you?

You're a priest of God. You're ordained in the things pertaining to God. You can be such an extraordinary people. You're a forgiven person and a blesser, be conscious of who you are. Receive ye the Holy Ghost. I'm special. I know who I am. God thinks you’re special. Act that way. I've got a message. I'm authorized. I preached in remote villages. Where people were so poor, so broken, smelling and dirty. Some covered with sickness and diseases. I preached and told them that I'm authorized by Jesus to tell them that their sins are not counted against them.
I come down from the platform and embarrassed them, even the leprous ones.

For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead (2 Corinthians 5:14 KJV)

The love of Jesus compels us to love. Did you know you already died? Already paid for all your sins. Strike a conversation with this strange information. When Jesus paid, you paid. He did it for you. It's not a Christmas story for children. He was born; He lived and died, raised and coming back.

And that he died for all, that they, which live, should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him, which died for them, and rose again (2 Corinthians 5:15 KJV).

I don't live for myself anymore. I live for Jesus. I don't live to please myself anymore. I don't live to please myself. These are mine contemplations. These are my thoughts of the spirit. He died for me. I've got to live for Him and be a success for Him. I'll succeed for Jesus, not for my family, friends, or community or nation. I must live for Him. Who do you want to live for? You will have to answer the question with your life someday and somehow. God will ask you someday who you died for. He purchased you with His blood. He want you to do it in love even though He owns you.

Live for Jesus and be glad and proud about it. Don't be ashamed of Jesus. Don't be ashamed of your association with Jesus. Glory to God. If you've given your life to Christ, it means that He owns you. Your ambition is for
Him. Whatever you want to be, have you thought about what did He make you for? Many have lived their lives for someone else's dream, never fulfilling what God create them for.

Nothing that you ask God He doesn't give you the answer before you ask. That's what the bible says. There are things you must learn about hearing and acting on His word. If you don't understand this, it will not work. Moses knew the ways of God while the children of Israel knew His acts.
Have the attitude about accepting the Holy Ghost the way He is. Let Jesus come to your mind. Have that consciousness.. Jesus attracted hatred and persecutions and anger. It's not because of you, but that thing in you. If they did it to Jesus, they will do it to you. Thank you Lord Jesus, glory, glory glory. Lift your hands and thank Him.
He's glorious.

God Bless you all! Amen
Re: The Man, The Message And The Mandate by Kenny4lyfe(m): 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2014
Thanks Gombs! cheesy
Re: The Man, The Message And The Mandate by Gombs(m): 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
Kenny4lyfe:
Thanks Gombs! cheesy
Welcome cheesy
Re: The Man, The Message And The Mandate by Oyinprince(m): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
Wow, thanks for posting. As i read it, it seemed like I was in ICLC listening to Pastor again.
Re: The Man, The Message And The Mandate by Gombs(m): 7:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
Oyinprince:
Wow, thanks for posting. As i read it, it seemed like I was in ICLC listening to Pastor again.

It's fresh in my mind always!

1 Like

Re: The Man, The Message And The Mandate by Oyinprince(m): 8:45am On Oct 13, 2014
Gombs:

It's fresh in my mind always!
i tink em audio copy is out right? Are u in Benin Region?
Re: The Man, The Message And The Mandate by Gombs(m): 2:13pm On Oct 13, 2014
Oyinprince:
i tink em audio copy is out right? Are u in Benin Region?

Nope, I've seen the dvd though

(1) (Reply)

South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy-5 Years Down The Line / Things You Need To Know About Angels / The Earth Will Cease To Exist In The Year 3797 And The Universe End In 5079

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.