Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) (6759 Views)

Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / A Primary School Where Pupils Wear Chelsea Jersey As Their Sportswear (Photos) / Throwback: 10 Strange Facts About Albert Einstein That You Didn't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 09, 2014
#1 BRICK GAME

This was the x-box and ps4 of the previous decade, it got so many kids in trouble because it was addictive and fun. I remember it had 26 different games A-Z.

#2 WATER GAME

For those of us that used this, it was our treasured psp vita cheesy we wouldn't sleep nor eat until we got every hoop in.

#3 PEN FIGHT A.K.A BIRO GAME

Clash of the titans, this was our street fighter game back then in primary school or for our younger generation secondary school. Even girls played it back then.

#4 NAME ANIMAL AND PLACE

I don't know how many of us played this as pupils. I played it more in my JSS 1 days, it was fun and educative. The girls were always the pioneers. Name, animal, place, thing and food. grin

#5 COUNTERS/BUTTON FOOTBALL

Boys, how many times did this get ur name on the list for noisemakers? 20 bottle covers and 2 super keepers made with 7 different counters. I also played it at home though, it was our PES14. grin we used the disc in a cassette or cut our school shirt buttons as balls. shocked cheesy

#6 HIDE AND SEEK

I'm sure we all played this, one person counts down from 10 to 1 and everybody hides. It was pretty common and I'm sure kids still play it.

#7 POLICE CATCH THIEF

If you never played this game during recess back then, then you had an incomplete childhood. This was the only game where everybody actually wanted to be thieves (awon ale cheesy). You can free a fellow thief from jail by running under their legs or tapping them.

#8 PEPSI PEPSI COLA

I don't know what it was called in your vicinity back then, but this game was both sweet and painful. Everybody picks a number, and after reciting the heading once they all drop a number with their fingers, anyone who gets caught is given hot slaps on the back on the palms.

#9 SEVEN STONES

Don't mind The title, I don't know how to name it. The game was played by placing 7 stones on the floor, u pick one throw it up and before u catch it, u must pick another. This is repeated without dropping any stone till u have all 7 in ur palm. grin

#10 THERE IS FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN

I Don't have to give any explanation on this. There is fire on the mountain, run run run. cheesy

Pictures of some of them loading soon, feel free to add yours. It's throwback Thursday. cool

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 09, 2014
I did biro fight wella.(Then an enemy took 3pens and put in the middle of ma fingers...then said hit it on ma head. Cus I hated him wella, I hit m fingers so hard on his head. I nearly cried that day sad)

Hide and seek, knew it as poju poju embarassed

Who is in d garden?

Yea and don't forget mummy and daddy game. wink

Another one is when there is not teacher in class. You and your friends will take your note books and count the numbers of wronged works in the books. Then take ruler and start flogging each others palm according to how they failed.

How will I forget... Bread and butter/ freeze smiley
They are just too plenty

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by priscaoge(f): 10:53am On Oct 09, 2014
Mine was 1,4,6 and 9 grin

4 was my favorite then smiley

Who also used this exercise book? wink

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by priscaoge(f): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2014
kulkatty:

U played •?
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 09, 2014
priscaoge:

U played •?
the babe dey book space. cheesy
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by priscaoge(f): 10:58am On Oct 09, 2014
benromeo39:
the babe dey book space. cheesy

Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by christejames(m): 11:00am On Oct 09, 2014
...making me go back the memory lane, what a nostalgia feeling. I played most of those games, always skipping food just to join my friends outside playing those games. At home we played mostly in the night when the moon is shining bright. Thanks for sharing OP.

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by pweetyz(f): 11:01am On Oct 09, 2014
I played all except #5..number 5 was sort of a boys thingy..was a guru in number 4 and the 7 stones..funny enough..i saw some kids playing that 7 stones 2 days ago in my neighbourhood and gave it a trial..mehn the feeling was sweet eh grin..i really miss those days woh..
you didn't add the likes of oga,7-square,tinko-tinko etc..indomie generation boring die
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 09, 2014
priscaoge:

U played •?

Lol me dey book space..seems like FP material
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 09, 2014
Pictures of Number 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively.

3 Likes

Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by priscaoge(f): 11:04am On Oct 09, 2014
kulkatty:

Lol me dey book space..seems like FP material

Heheheheh U have to sale that space to some Nairaland Or are u one of them? grin grin
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by StealthyMe(m): 11:07am On Oct 09, 2014
Childhood was fun mehn...
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by MizMyColi(f): 11:09am On Oct 09, 2014
OP

What of Suwe

and

Pi o pi o pi o *clap, Clap* part 1 part 2, Merit e don die, Na who kill am, Andy Okeke, because of what? Because of money...........

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by pweetyz(f): 11:09am On Oct 09, 2014
Your number 8..pepsi pepsi cola was called early morning peppersoup where i grew up
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 09, 2014
Pictures of Number 5, and 6.

Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by uchihahinata: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2014
Knew pepsi pepsi cola as after round one, original panadol.....I can not remember the rest of the song

3 Likes

Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 09, 2014
pweetyz:
I played all except #5..number 5 was sort of a boys thingy..was a guru in number 4 and the 7 stones..funny enough..i saw some kids playing that 7 stones 2 days ago in my neighbourhood and gave it a trial..mehn the feeling was sweet eh grin..i really miss those days woh..
you didn't add the likes of oga,7-square,tinko-tinko etc..indomie generation boring die

indomie generation? cheesy na x-box and ps3 them dey play.
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by hod898(m): 11:33am On Oct 09, 2014
Very funny. There was also this one we called Koso/Kodi, you make it with a biro cover and battery plastic heads. It is(or rather was) played mostly during rainy seasons. God punish you say you fail, na 'chinkwack/chinzafi' you go collect grin

2. Deep Deep: where there'll be something like "Deep deep deep deep, double double set right out!". You could only barely catch me on that one.

3. One For Hiding: Then we had experts on this one. Every group spreads out to hiding and then someone calls out, "ONE FOR HIDING, TWO FOR SETTING, THREE FOR... FIRE!!" ha-ha-ha. We really disturbed our neighbours with our "PA! PA! PA! Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Duuv! Duuv! Duuv! Duuv! Duuv! Na lie Chimobi I don kill you!!" we felt like RAMBO then... Those good old days...
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by LegendarySage(m): 11:37am On Oct 09, 2014
lwkmd! Op, nice one, I played 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 and 10.

You forgot to mention the one we'll place our feet together and we'll count, anybody it ends on has to chase. And the one we bet to hit anything we see from the other participant's hand if he/she isn't crossing their fingers
grin
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by LegendarySage(m): 11:40am On Oct 09, 2014
kulkatty:
I did biro fight wella.(Then an enemy took 3pens and put in the middle of ma fingers...then said hit it on ma head. Cus I hated him wella, I hit m fingers so hard on his head. I nearly cried that day sad)

Hide and seek, knew it as poju poju embarassed

Who is in d garden?

Yea and don't forget mummy and daddy game. wink

Another one is when there is not teacher in class. You and your friends will take your note books and count the numbers of wronged works in the books. Then take ruler and start flogging each others palm according to how they failed.

How will I forget... Bread and butter/ freeze smiley
They are just too plenty
who is in the garden and there is fire on the mountain were the moments we lived for during sports. grin grin
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Victorious1(f): 12:07pm On Oct 09, 2014
1999/2000 Yet to start school then...though played 10, 9, 6, 4 and 2 in my time.
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Victorious1(f): 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2014
Na only you enjoy childhood jawe cheesy
pweetyz:

Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Atk01(f): 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
"Deep deep deep deep, my mother and your mother were fighting. My mother gave your mother a big blow on her head, what colour was the blood? Red. R E D, red. So you are out of the game. Out you go, you go out."

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
Atk01:
"Deep deep deep deep, my mother and your mother were fighting. My mother gave your mother a big blow on her head, what colour was the blood? Red. R E D, red. So you are out of the game. Out you go, you go out."
I dunno this one o. shocked shocked mummy blow? cheesy
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
Tinko Tinko,Suwe, I call on ,first to finish cheesy

I played all....Dos days swit ehn grin

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Unekz(m): 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
wat nostalgia
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Atk01(f): 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2014
benromeo39:
I dunno this one o. shocked shocked mummy blow? cheesy
lol. It is sang for 'catcher'. One person sings the song while pointing at the rest of the people playing the game. If the song stops at one person, the person is out, and that continues till one person is left. The last person is the 'catcher' who chases everyone till he gets someone to replace him.

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2014
The ball is round and round and round to c d person who is out...d one who holds the ball is out.
.beta for u..ur game is out and u and u............Stoooop!!!
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Atk01(f): 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
There is also 'stand still'. If you are told to stand still and you don't immediately show your crossed fingers, you will remain in that position till you are released.

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
Atk01:
lol. It is sang for 'catcher'. One person sings the song while pointing at the rest of the people playing the game. If the song stops at one person, the person is out, and that continues till one person is left. The last person is the 'catcher' who chases everyone till he gets someone to replace him.
lol, I get. Similar to police catch thief.
Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by MissSlimbody(f): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
uchihahinata:
Knew pepsi pepsi cola as after round one, original panadol.....I can not remember the rest of the song

After round one original panadol extra otun gbede cheesy

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
What about "suwe" for girls,and "time factor".

And that yeye "family com"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

most Funniest comments and Posts On Nairaland! / Angry Mother Shows Up In Her Nightgown At A Club And Drags Her Daughter Home / University Of Port Harcourt 2007/2008 Admission List Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.