Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert (50638 Views)

Toyin Lawani Shows Off Her Bare Waist In New Advert [viewers Discretion Photo] / Toyin Lawani Displays Her Waist In New Advert [see Photo] / Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Stuns In New Advert For Konga! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by sylviasilifah(f): 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
Linda Ikeji has been in the news lately for a lot of reasons, and OLX is taking advantage of her in a new advert.

The advert shows a caricature of the star blogger, with the sales website imploring her to sell one of her cars, with the hashtag, #AuntyLindaSellIt.

Did they go too far? Check the advert out below.

See other photos here; http://www.360nobs.com/2014/10/olx-uses-linda-ikeji-caricature-in-new-advert-photo/#gtwFexvp4tuqWFur.99

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by Wittylens(m): 2:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
In as Much As Its Funny I Don't See Anything Bad In It. OLX Didn't Use Any Abusive Words And Besides ; Her Name Is "Linda Ikeji" Not "Aunty Linda" , So Nothing Wrong.

Assuming They Said "#LindaIkejiSellIt" Point Blank , Then There Is Problem.

I Don't Expect Her To React To This , She Has Far More Problems Than A Mere Caricature.

Moreover , She's The Cause Of Her Current Predicament. Buying a 24m car isn't the problem. The problem is "Why did she blog about it?" When she knows all eyes are on her blog.

147 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by phantom(m): 2:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
ish is actually kinda funny......grin

2 Likes

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by datguru: 2:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
That's her and the three cars she uploaded

3 Likes

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by REMMEI(m): 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2014
Omo this ish really hit aunty linda like mad..omo anything fit happen to anybody o.

3 Likes

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by EventHUB(f): 2:53pm On Oct 09, 2014
REMMEI:

Sueweba ni. . Mtchewww..was her name mentioned ni?

Suberu... Hang urself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by EventHUB(f): 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
REMMEI:

Lolz. . I don hang masef now..so what next?..olodo

Am kinda busy..can I ignore you for some other time? You did make a perfect stranger. Ode.

4 Likes

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by sylviasilifah(f): 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
*holds laugh*
REMMEI:

And she's busy o..yet she can reply an ODE perfectly..lolz. . now i know your own ODE carry OPONU for back..she even dey ask if she can ignore me?..na me get that question abi Seun?..if no be say yu be gal..lolz

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by homesteady(m): 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
this is so so insensitive!

No wahala! karma is a bitchh!

6 Likes

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
hmmmm, What do people derive from making fun of others failure or challenges? ? undecided undecided

OLX doesn't know what the future holds, it could be their turn moro..

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by REMMEI(m): 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2014
sylviasilifah:
*holds laugh*
Better.
Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2014
Linda your own don finish, chai e no even reach one week peepz don the hope to buy auction cars hmm OXL there is GOOGLE ooooo

16 Likes

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by sirjohnson(m): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
That bastard guy that caused google to close down Linda's blog has come out to speak again...See that one Here

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by scribble: 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
Linda take cover...the haters are coming

Factors that justify reuse[edit]
Pamela Samuelson, in 1994, identified several factors she says excuse reuse of one's previously published work, that make it not self-plagiarism.[31] She relates each of these factors specifically to the ethical issue of self-plagiarism, as distinct from the legal issue of fair use of copyright, which she deals with separately. Among other factors that may excuse reuse of previously published material Samuelson lists the following:

The previous work must be restated to lay the groundwork for a new contribution in the second work.
Portions of the previous work must be repeated to deal with new evidence or arguments.
The audience for each work is so different that publishing the same work in different places is necessary to get the message out.
The author thinks they said it so well the first time that it makes no sense to say it differently a second time.
Samuelson states she has relied on the "different audience" rationale when attempting to bridge interdisciplinary communities. She refers to writing for different legal and technical communities, saying: "there are often paragraphs or sequences of paragraphs that can be bodily lifted from one article to the other. And, in truth, I lift them." She refers to her own practice of converting "a technical article into a law review article with relatively few changes—adding footnotes and one substantive section" for a different audience.[31]

Samuelson describes misrepresentation as the basis of self-plagiarism.[31] She also states "Although it seems not to have been raised in any of the self-plagiarism cases, copyrights law's fair use defense would likely provide a shield against many potential publisher claims of copyright infringement against authors who reused portions of their previous works."[31]
Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by naughtylagosguy(m): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
OLX might mean well but the timing is bad. This would have been better if it was when she posted pictures of her new car not now that she's battling with the reality of her blog that was taken down

9 Likes

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by natureblack(m): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
The fallen brown leaves from a tree is a lesson to the green fresh ones. cry

Seun Osewa,please take-note. lipsrsealed

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
Jonathan ....
This government sef....... grin

2 Likes

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by ibrews: 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
Wetin concern me?

1 Like

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by bigt2(m): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
Now Linda it's these latest news abi? angry
Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by alentyno: 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
Wittylens:
In as Much As Its Funny I Don't See Anything Bad In It. OLX Didn't Use Any Abusive Words And Besides ; Her Name Is "Linda Ikeji" Not "Aunty Linda" , So Nothing Wrong.
Are you freaking kidding me? shocked

8 Likes

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
But why did they do this? Linda has explained what actually happened, why the blog was shut down. Read it Here
Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by CharlieMaria(m): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
Y naa?

1 Like

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by justi4jesu(f): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
I wonder why people can't learn to mind their business.

3 Likes

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by priscaoge(f): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ndi obi akpor undecided

When u rejoice over people's predicaments, don't forget that #Karmaisabitch

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oops! OLX Uses Linda Ikeji Caricature In New Advert by bigt2(m): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
Now Linda is the latest news abi? angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Taiwo Hassan (ogogo) Looks Broken At Mojisola Olaiya's Service Of Songs / Zubby Michael Meets Nkem Owoh 'Osuofia' (Photos, Video) / #bbnaija : Teddy A And Bambam At The Multichoice Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.