Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,584 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Ebola- Why I Think The Infected Bypass Airports' Screening - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola- Why I Think The Infected Bypass Airports' Screening (477 Views)

Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola- Why I Think The Infected Bypass Airports' Screening by soldierdollar(m): 3:22pm On Oct 09, 2014
1. A person who has made contact with an Ebola victim does not present the symptom immediately
2. His temperature does not rise abnormally as soon as he has made this contact .
3. He doesn't start vomiting immediately
4. He doesn't bleed immediately
5. But the virus is gradually incubating .
At this stage , he doesn't present any symptom and cannot be diagnosed until the virus has fully manifested .

This means , if Mr A makes contact with an Ebola victim , B and immediately decides to travel , the airport's screening facilities will not be able to detect him and if he eventually lands in the target country and gradually , the disease starts manifesting, one begins to wonder how he managed to bypass the airport's screening .

Do you think this is effective ?
Re: Ebola- Why I Think The Infected Bypass Airports' Screening by soldierdollar(m): 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2014
Comments please
Re: Ebola- Why I Think The Infected Bypass Airports' Screening by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
I totally agree with you but what can be done? Air travel can't be stopped or else the economy will suffer, I guess the only solution now is to tackle this problem at the root.

I'm proud of Nigeria stepping up with 591 volunteers about to be deployed to Liberia, if other countries can stop seeing this is an "African problem" but rather see it as a global one, then we can employ an "all hands on deck" approach.

My suggestion is more countries should get involved and nip this thing in the bud, it's time for the world to come together, break racial/economic barriers and stand as one.
Re: Ebola- Why I Think The Infected Bypass Airports' Screening by soldierdollar(m): 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2014
xcelsia:
I totally agree with you but what can be done? Air travel can't be stopped or else the economy will suffer, I guess the only solution now is to tackle this problem at the root.

I'm proud of Nigeria stepping up with 591 volunteers about to be deployed to Liberia, if other countries can stop seeing this is an "African problem" but rather see it as a global one, then we can employ an "all hands on deck" approach.

My suggestion is more countries should get involved and nip this thing in the bud, it's time for the world to come together, break racial/economic barriers and stand as one.

I think they still call it an " African disease "

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Joke Causes Passenger Removal From A US Airways Flight / Treatment For Love Making Problems... / French Scientists Devise Ebola Detector Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.