Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Help Needed ... A Newbie In Php And Javascript - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Needed ... A Newbie In Php And Javascript (872 Views)

Android Quiz Application With Json Parser, Php And Mysql Database / Difference Between Java And Javascript / Download 5 Free Ebooks - PHP, CSS, Fireworks, Dreamweaver And Javascript (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed ... A Newbie In Php And Javascript by amadijoe: 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2014
hi narialanders .. just got a head up in php .. but having issues when trying to code using php variables, functions ... pls I really want to learn php and javascript. can anyone help?
Re: Help Needed ... A Newbie In Php And Javascript by blueyedgeek(m): 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
amadijoe:
hi narialanders .. just got a head up in php .. but having issues when trying to code using php variables, functions ... pls I really want to learn php and javascript. can anyone help?
My honest opinion is that as a beginner you should try to learn one language at a go or everything might become overwhelming. I'm not saying it's impossible, just saying it'll make things easier in the long run because once you've got a good grasp on a particular language then others become much easier to learn as most programming languages have the same basic rules. So which one would you like to focus on first? I could point you to a few online resources.
Re: Help Needed ... A Newbie In Php And Javascript by amadijoe: 12:16am On Oct 11, 2014
ok bro... really need your help ... are video tutorials included in d resources?
Re: Help Needed ... A Newbie In Php And Javascript by nextstep(m): 1:32am On Oct 11, 2014
http://www.w3schools.com/php/

Is a good resource. Just follow the examples and you should be good to go. Audio tutorials are the worst way to learn a programming language. Just copy/paste theirs examples and make some small changes.

Do you have any experience with programming? Like C?

Do you have a linux computer with a web server (Apache) with the php libraries? Alternatively you'll need to get web hosting
Re: Help Needed ... A Newbie In Php And Javascript by Vstuffs(m): 8:26am On Oct 11, 2014
amadijoe:
ok bro... really need your help ... are video tutorials included in d resources?
if you need video tutorials.....I have..but not free
Re: Help Needed ... A Newbie In Php And Javascript by blueyedgeek(m): 10:35am On Oct 11, 2014
amadijoe:
If you like videos, then you should visit thenewboston.org, they have tons of videos on a lot of computer programming languages.

A few resources to learn PHP

PHP 101- Php for the absolute beginner
PHP Academy (mostly videos)
Afterhours Programming - PHP tutorial

A few resources to learn Javascript

Code Academy - free
Team Treehouse (video tutorials) - Premium (14 days free trial)
HTML Dog - Javascript tutorial

If you want to read books instead, just go to IT Ebooks and search for a particular book. One thing when downloading the books is to read reviews about the book first before downloading preferably on amazon.

Good luck, lemme know if you need any more help.

(1) (Reply)

Get Ict Training Free Of Charge / Mq4 Programmer Should Please Help Me With Buy And Sell Arrow For Below Codes. / Get Your Own Online Store(ecommerce Website), Blog And Other Web Project Done

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.