Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M (9883 Views)

Pricelists Of Cars @ Www.largemanmotors..com / Cars Worth Below #400k Needed To Run Cab Services. / Help Me Out On How Much This Cars Worth In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 10, 2014
A NY man retired. He wanted to use his retirement money wisely, so it would last, and decided to buy a home with a few acres in Portugal. The modest farmhouse had been vacant for years, the owner and wife both had died, and there were no heirs. The house was sold to pay taxes. There had been several lookers, but the large barn had steel doors, and they had been welded shut. Nobody wanted to go to the extra expense to see what was in the barn, and it wasn't complimentary to the property anyway. So, nobody made an offer on the place and was neglected and abandoned since the death of the owner in the early 80s.The retired man bought it, moved in, and set about to tear in to the barn, curiosity was killing him. So, he and his wife bought a generator, and a couple of grinders and cut through the welds.

The owner of the property was an automobile dealer in the 1970s and 1980s, he decided to save the more interesting cars that came through his doors in secrecy. Built up an assemblage of cars over the years and stashed them in the barn (Padlocking and soldering the doors shut when the structure was full)before his sudden death..

http://hunkydee..com/2011/01/barnyard-find-guy-buys-land-inherits.html?m=1

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 10, 2014
Aston Martin,Fiat 508 Balilla Sport, Mini (Cooper?) and MG Magnette.

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 10, 2014
Lotus Super Seven Series IV, Lotus Elan FHC, Opel GT, Alfa Bertone.
Interior of Alfa Romeo.
Porsche 356, Austin Healey Sprite MkII, Volvo PV 544, Ford,
Giulietta Sprint, Giulia Sprint Speciale (SS), Nash Metropolitan.

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 10, 2014
Porsche 356,Fiat Topolino II, Triumph TR4, Peugeot 202. Opel GT, Lotus Elan FHC, Lotus Super Seven SeriesIV, Lotus Elan DHC, Mini (Cooper?), Datsun Z, Rover P6.

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by MrTemple(m): 9:04am On Oct 10, 2014
Nice cars Bt I can't drive any angry

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 10, 2014
in nigeria, the kindred of the late owner will come from the village to claim their late brother's property. cheesy

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 10, 2014
Abarth 1300 Scorpione, Lancia Appia, Fiat Topolino II Triumph TR4, Peugeot 202

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by steffans(m): 9:12am On Oct 10, 2014
na to enter new business again remain na..

or just open a car museum .

wishing him happy retirement!!!

11 Likes

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Bsmartt(m): 9:23am On Oct 10, 2014
God his indeed an awesome God. A retired old man becoming a millionaire just like that! He should start his own automobile company sharperly.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by egopersonified(f): 9:27am On Oct 10, 2014
Can someone verify if these cars can be owned by the new owner of the house? Does it fall among property he paid for? Or the people who sold the place to him can claim it?

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Osama10(m): 9:28am On Oct 10, 2014
shocked
Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 10, 2014
Bsmartt:
God his indeed an awesome God. A retired old man becoming a millionaire just like that! He should start his own automobile company sharperly.

did you read or see anything 'god' in that article??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by kekakuz(m): 9:29am On Oct 10, 2014
olorun o
classic rides worth millions
did i see a don gardon somewhere there

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by mishooo(m): 9:34am On Oct 10, 2014
JACKPOT!!!

4 Likes

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by kekakuz(m): 9:34am On Oct 10, 2014
MrTemple:
Nice cars Bt I can't drive any angry
just say you dont know about cars

the older the vine
the sweeter the rising or so.

just piimp that yellow one and move from lamest to coolest in one shot

6 Likes

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Godmother(f): 9:36am On Oct 10, 2014
egopersonified:
Can someone verify if these cars can be owned by the new owner of the house? Does it fall among property he paid for? Or the people who sold the place to him can claim it?

I bet a laswuit is going to come up soon. With the company who sold the land claiming the barn wasnt part of the deal. The guy should just get a good lawyer biko. God has buttered his bread and no jupiter should come and pour sand inside.

9 Likes

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by omophunky(m): 9:47am On Oct 10, 2014
God blessings knows no age.

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:48am On Oct 10, 2014
Anything like that in Nigeria especially where I will buy oyel land please indicate

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by flinton(m): 9:50am On Oct 10, 2014
Wow! Cars from the era of car designs! This barn is a collector's paradise

5 Likes

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 10, 2014
Am i supposed to be using Panadol for another man's headache?

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by valmunich(m): 9:56am On Oct 10, 2014
Wow.. those cars must've been there for a long time. They're all classy.

Happy retirement old man cool cool

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by kellyJames5(m): 9:57am On Oct 10, 2014
He should get a good lawyer,because the firm that sold the land to him may try to play smart and act funny.

2 Likes

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by chukxie(m): 9:57am On Oct 10, 2014
Holy cow! shocked shocked shocked Check out those vintage cars. I'm green with envy. Wish I can own just two. I'll deck the 'shezzel' out of them and have me two customized plates and then paint the town red while riding them. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 10, 2014
Vintage cars.
Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by nairaman66(m): 9:59am On Oct 10, 2014
Bingo!

Those cars are worth more than $35M these days. Blessings most times comes in disguise!

2 Likes

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Walexz02(m): 10:04am On Oct 10, 2014
Vanity upon vanity.. People can not use these cars now, so they are gonna be scrabbed..

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Feedmemore(f): 10:15am On Oct 10, 2014
He should check properly, there might be some cash stash secretly in a coven inside the barn. tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by Mujinho4b(m): 10:23am On Oct 10, 2014
Oboy!!! This is the shit men!!!!!![font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] FP tins
Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by butanepro(m): 10:27am On Oct 10, 2014
What can we call this? Its awed! Its freaking funny! Yeah funny! The guy that bought the barn must have bn a cousin to the ex owner, ....... All I know is that, there must be a connection. In Mel Gibson voice " I don't believe in coincidence".
Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by ednut1(m): 10:38am On Oct 10, 2014
old age dey worry d man sha. shud hv kept quit and sold dem in black market. law suits loading mr man
Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by gunuvi(m): 10:40am On Oct 10, 2014
the man name na goodluck
Re: Man Buys Land Inherits Secret Barn Full Of Cars Worth $35M by San2ski(m): 10:45am On Oct 10, 2014
I bet those cars (most of them tho) cost more now than then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2013 Model Ford Explorer XLT Toks Full Option Selling Fast / Buy Sinotruk Howo Trucks, Tractors, Tippers, Tankers, Trailers From Richbon Nig. / 2005 Toyota Camry White Colour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.