Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Linda Ikeji's Blog Removal And Lesssons For Bloggers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Linda Ikeji's Blog Removal And Lesssons For Bloggers (923 Views)

How To Advertise On Linda Ikeji’s Blog (updated) / Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... / Linda Ikeji's Blog VS ₦airaland Forum: Which Is More Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linda Ikeji's Blog Removal And Lesssons For Bloggers by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
It's no more news that Linda Ikeji's blog was deleted by Google few days back, exactky the same month last year when Ogongeblog was also deleted.

Although restored, there are some lessons for bloggers:

1. Don't Use Other People Content Without Permission, be it images, articles etc
2. Always Back Up Your Blog. Anything can happen to your blog anytime.
3. Get A Custom Domain For Your Blog as soon as possible
4. Don't Ignore Warnings. That email you ignore might cost you a lot.
5. Never stop learning. eg if you fail to learn what copyright infringement is all about or you don't know how online phishing works, you might lose your blog forever due to your ignorance...

Add yours.....

source: http://www.ogbongeblog.com/2014/10/what-happened-to-linda-ikejis-.html

Re: Linda Ikeji's Blog Removal And Lesssons For Bloggers by zeroshadow: 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
1) Use other people's content and link back to them..

2) Give photo credit whenever u use someone's pictures.

3) Always backup daily, hourly or per minute..

4) If u don't have money to get a custom domain and maintain it for years use a free platform.

5) Copyright infringement is a serious offence always look for free images by asking google..

6) Linda ikeji is lucky to be living in Nigeria... Getty images probably noticed this and suspended their case for now...(If she ever goes to yankee and comes back without been arrested that would be a miracle)..

7) Linda ikeji can get her domain names back by placing a bid on it now so that once it expires she'll automatically get it back unless the person renews it before her or after reading this.

8 ) Be more than just a blogger know how the internet works.

9) Getting a domain won't protect any site from attacks... Website security is important.

Just my opinion...

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji's Blog Removal And Lesssons For Bloggers by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
Never underestimate the power of your mentor/Internet whiz. grin
It's like a river that forgot it's source. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji's Blog Removal And Lesssons For Bloggers by jaybossYBNL(m): 11:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
JideTheBlogger:
It's no more news that Linda Ikeji's blog was deleted by Google few days back, exactky the same month last year when Ogongeblog was also deleted.

Although restored, there are some lessons for bloggers:

1. Don't Use Other People Content Without Permission, be it images, articles etc
2. Always Back Up Your Blog. Anything can happen to your blog anytime.
3. Get A Custom Domain For Your Blog as soon as possible
4. Don't Ignore Warnings. That email you ignore might cost you a lot.
5. Never stop learning. eg if you fail to learn what copyright infringement is all about or you don't know how online phishing works, you might lose your blog forever due to your ignorance...

Add yours.....

source: http://www.ogbongeblog.com/2014/10/what-happened-to-linda-ikejis-.html

Thank you Jide for this Info......she have learnt her lesson though but I have a problem I want you to help me out, I bought a domain on godaddy with my mum debit card, after I pointed my blogspost. com blog to it for a week, Godaddy sent me a mail that I should upload the debit card owner details for verification of which I did but they said the names on the debit card do not match the name on the ID card, now the problem is I can't log in to my godaddy Acct, because of this I have removed the customized domain from My blog, what can I do?
Re: Linda Ikeji's Blog Removal And Lesssons For Bloggers by ndubisik(m): 8:44am On Oct 11, 2014
Re: Linda Ikeji's Blog Removal And Lesssons For Bloggers by mitchyy(f): 9:05am On Oct 11, 2014
1. You can never know it all. Listen to advice from others in your field
2. Take your brand seriously. I just whooped out a huge sum to sort out some branding issues after the Linda Ikeji saga. It was like a wakeup call.
3. Never ever ignore mails. Always sort through all your mails everyday for the extremely important ones.
Re: Linda Ikeji's Blog Removal And Lesssons For Bloggers by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 12, 2014
serious lesson learnt
Re: Linda Ikeji's Blog Removal And Lesssons For Bloggers by chuks87(m): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2014
Really?...... some news said it was all a setup for public stunt coz one can delete and restore his/her blog....

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Tech Bloggers To Follow In 2015- @techrado / Ask Me Questions About Bulk SMS Business / I Need To Buy Domain With Perfect Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.