Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads (1077 Views)

Biafra: Ex-militants Give FG 31-day Ultimatum To Release Kanu / Kachikwu Gives Warri Refinery 90-day Ultimatum / PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by abagoro(m): 7:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2014/10/10/bad-roads-tanker-drivers-give-fg-90-day-ultimatum-as-nupeng-strike-bites-harder-in-rivers-three-others/

The Petroleum Tanker Drivers branch of the National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers yesterday issued a 90-day ultimatum to the Federal Government to fix the many bad roads that heavy duty tankers ply across Nigeria.Specifically, the drivers stated that they had warned of an impending strike in parts of the South-East and South-South as a result of the deplorable state of the Port Harcourt-Eleme Junction road, Okigwe-Umuahia road and Jebba-Illorin road.The Chairman, PTD, Mr. Salimon Olatidi, told journalists yesterday that members of the union had on the expiration of the ultimatum last month avoided these roads and refused to lift products on the affected axis.He said the strike had entered its second week and the situation was becoming unbearable to residents in the areas.Olatidi said his members had wanted to extend the strike to Lagos, Abuja and other regions in the north, if not for the intervention of the Department of State Security Services, Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources and the Chairman of Capital Oil Limited.He said, “We want to inform Nigerians that after due consideration and wider consultation with stakeholders in the oil and gas industry, we have directed our members to resume work in these areas where we had earlier withdrawn our services.“We don’t want to state the time duration that we are now giving the government to carry out urgent repairs on these roads as well as others, but if we wait for 60 to 90 days and nothing is done, by the time we strike nationwide people should not blame us.”Olatidi said the union agreed to heed the call of the DSS and the Petroleum Resources Ministry, adding that it had given “government more time to attend to these roads.“We, like every other Nigerian, are mindful of the hard times and we also fill the pain. So, we advice the Federal Government to send emissaries to verify the state of these roads and take palliative measures.“The road from Jebba to Ilorin, a distance of about 100km usually takes a whole day for our members to cover. Port Harcourt-Eleme Junction, a distance of about 15km takes over five hours, and the same goes for Okigwe-Umuahia road, as well as a few others across the country.”

1 Like

Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
Dem de craze! Na their tankers de even spoil d roads sef. Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by Ekiseme(m): 7:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
Interesting
Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by Donmarrius: 8:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
faceURfront:
Dem de craze! Na their tankers de even spoil d roads sef. Mtchew
Should they fly on air,or they shouldn't be delivering petroleum products to Nigerians?.

1 Like

Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by jaytee01(m): 6:10am On Oct 11, 2014
Donmarrius:
Should they fly on air,or they shouldn't be delivering petroleum products to Nigerians?.
Abi oO
Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by omenka(m): 6:19am On Oct 11, 2014
I thought some folks in here told us Jonathan has transformed all federal roads to look like skate boarding courts!! Am I missing something here

1 Like

Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by Descartes: 6:30am On Oct 11, 2014
Labour unions giving Ultimatum to Federal Government since 500 BC grin
Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by lilprinze: 6:34am On Oct 11, 2014
FG won't do anything until the 90 days ultimatum gets expired .

1 Like

Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by mainheart(m): 6:39am On Oct 11, 2014
strike is the only best thing this useless association can do
Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by nairaarea: 6:46am On Oct 11, 2014
Leave our brother alone. He is trying. GEJ till 2015

Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 11, 2014
Donmarrius:

I have seen how those dudes drive on d road. I have no pity for their plight. Let dem share in d pains just like every other Nigerian. Dat does not mean d Govt shudnt maintain d roads.
Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by Donmarrius: 8:17am On Oct 11, 2014
faceURfront:

I have seen how those dudes drive on d road. I have no pity for their plight. Let dem share in d pains just like every other Nigerian. Dat does not mean d Govt shudnt maintain d roads.
Blame the FRSC,for not placing speed limits.
Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by khattab02: 8:35am On Oct 11, 2014
omenka:
I thought some folks in here told us Jonathan has transformed all federal roads to look like skate boarding courts!! Am I missing something here
that was what I read too
Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by khattab02: 8:41am On Oct 11, 2014
90 days to repair roads for this we country??

On a more serious note, I don't know about the condition of those roads but the major roads and links should be the top priority of any in coming government (including incumbent).
Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 11, 2014
Donmarrius:
Blame the FRSC,for not placing speed limits.

Says who? Speed limits are there. Everybody ignores it.
Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by Donmarrius: 8:48am On Oct 11, 2014
faceURfront:

Speed limits on Nigerian highways/federal roads?.
Please, show me one.
But please,why didn't FRSC, prosecute the offenders?.
Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by khattab02: 8:49am On Oct 11, 2014
faceURfront:

lol.. How many people obeys it sef?
Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by khattab02: 9:03am On Oct 11, 2014
[quote author=Donmarrius post=27044456]Speed limits on Nigerian highways/federal roads?.
Please, show me one.

But please,why didn't FRSC, prosecute the offenders?.[/Quote] Abuja- Kaduna highway.

FRSC are not always on the roads except when they want to cause hold up and find some egunje. Moreover the best way to catch offenders is by using speed breakers.
Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 11, 2014
yorubabigoted:
wetin this one dey talk sef, if the roads are standard and maintained effectively will their tankers spoil it?

Yes tongue
Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 11, 2014
Donmarrius:
Speed limits on Nigerian highways/federal roads?.
Please, show me one.
But please,why didn't FRSC, prosecute the offenders?.

U don't ve eyes then.
Re: Tanker Drivers Give Fg 90 Day Ultimatum Over Bad Roads by JEITO: 11:13am On Oct 11, 2014
What are they even saying sef

Na dem dey put more pressure on the roads leading to its damage.

Na dem dey constitute nuisance on the road pass; intimidating other smaller vehicles with their sizes.

Na dem like overtaking pass.

Na them no go gree park for designated areas, rather they park haphazardly along the roads.

Na dem complain pass..

Dem just be like one political party for Nigeria.....

(1) (Reply)

"All Progressive Congress( APC). News&updates / APC : Jonathan's Declaration Speech Was Empty / Photos: Ex-police IG Tafa Balogun Celebrates Wife's 60th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.