Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,654 members, 7,865,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:02 PM

Bloggers!!! Lessons From The Master's - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bloggers!!! Lessons From The Master's (430 Views)

Lessons From Tee Billz And Tiwa Savage Drama / Genny Vs Omosexy, Who Is The Master Of The Game(photo) / Yetunde Wumi - Lessons From My Drug Trafficking Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bloggers!!! Lessons From The Master's by yusuftosho: 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
If you're in doubt how Intellectual Property makes money for you, feel free to read this advise offered by a much respected icon of the Nigerian/Canadian/Global Intellectual community, Pius Adesanmi

"Jesse: At least three private bloggers in the USA approached me for my last op-ed in Sahara Reporters on Emma Watson's feminism. I gave consent and moved on. Surprise surprise, I received PDF consent forms by email asking me to sign and give them permission to use the piece. I nearly ignored them with the usual Nigerian which kain wahala be this but I filled the form and sent to them. I woke up this morning to more emails about where I want to be paid! One wants to pay 100 dollars, the last two are offering 200 dollars each - just to use a piece I already published and which is freely in circulation all over Facebook and Twitter. Then came two South African publications this afternoon asking for my permission to use the piece. The total haul from them will come to about 500 dollars. I may rake in a thousand dollars for one piece by bloggers insisting on integrity and respecting my intellectual property rights. I for no even mind if dem all use the piece just like that o so long as they don't change the name of the author. The wider he circulation of the piece the better for the writer. But totally unknown bloggers have gone to this length to do things properly. In France, one blogger asked for my permission to translate a Facebook update I wrote about race in Missouri during the Ferguson wahala. He wants to use it for his blog in France. He offered 80 Euros - to translate and use a Facebook update. Still in France, somebody proposed 200 Euros to me for something else. I could go on and on but I am sure you get my drift here in support of your post."

The ball is in your court to understand what standard best practices are.

May God deliver you from the fear of 'haters' and 'Beefers'. Hmmm
Source.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152775099134441&id=773019440

(1) (Reply)

Why Everybody Is Talking About Linda Ikeji / G / Windows XP Professional SP3 X86 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.