Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

All Night Studies-how Healthy Could That Be? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All Night Studies-how Healthy Could That Be? (1077 Views)

. / How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? / Didn’t Have To Read All Night To Make A First Class" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Night Studies-how Healthy Could That Be? by donstevico(m): 7:50am On Oct 11, 2014
Till day break or TDB is popular in most higher institutions of learning in Nigeria to refer to the act of studying through the night.
Many students have argued that TDB is much more prevalent among students during examination period,when they had to intensify their study efforts,plan longer reading timetable all in a bid to attain success.
The period is usually known for It's notorious stress, and this is as a result of the students postponing exam study until the last possible week of exam. what's your opinion on TDB? is it stressful or helpful?
Re: All Night Studies-how Healthy Could That Be? by Agbo19(m): 10:07am On Oct 11, 2014
donstevico:
Till day break or TDB is popular in most higher institutions of learning in Nigeria to refer to the act of studying through the night.
Many students have argued that TDB is much more prevalent among students during examination period,when they had to intensify their study efforts,plan longer reading timetable all in a bid to attain success.
The period is usually known for It's notorious stress, and this is as a result of the students postponing exam study until the last possible week of exam. what's your opinion on TDB? is it stressful or helpful?
to me dat stuff is stressful it doesnt makes any sense for a serious student to pile up notes untill weeks before reading them....tdb can be fustratin at times...brain no be machine o....even machine the rest na....as for me tdb gets me confuse de more buh i read a little at night though....and even those my friends dat always read tdb never score higher than me...ones a student understands him/her self dats all

3 Likes

Re: All Night Studies-how Healthy Could That Be? by Temmi001: 10:53am On Oct 11, 2014
Just Incase this trash gets to FP
Re: All Night Studies-how Healthy Could That Be? by tosyne2much(m): 11:19am On Oct 11, 2014
I don't rili think it has negative effects provided you know how to go about it ( e.g lighting condition, proper illumination and so on).. We all have different assimilation time.. I don't criticize ppl who read till dawn because TDB reading works for some ppl while it doesn't work for some ppl.. Don't know why it is a general estimation in which such students are regarded as being serious and brilliant but I can tell you it's not really a yardstick for seriousness.. *Do what works for you*

1 Like

Re: All Night Studies-how Healthy Could That Be? by bendeco(m): 11:43am On Oct 11, 2014

1 Share

Re: All Night Studies-how Healthy Could That Be? by herolaw(m): 11:49am On Oct 11, 2014
To me I love studying at night, which helps me a lot. As a good student. you have to cultivate the habit of reading Nd studying at night. Mostly day time reading brings distraction. Many successful student will always talk about reading Nd studying at night.
Re: All Night Studies-how Healthy Could That Be? by donstevico(m): 1:17pm On Oct 11, 2014
Temmi001:
Just Incase this trash gets to FP
tnks

1 Like

Re: All Night Studies-how Healthy Could That Be? by Unekz(m): 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2014
Re: All Night Studies-how Healthy Could That Be? by UniqueGem(m): 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2014
IN MY OPINION, Anybody who does this till day break stuff (to pass exam) is wasting precious time that should be used for sleeping.
Mostly done by procrastinating (lazy) peeps tho. VERY UNHEALTHY
Re: All Night Studies-how Healthy Could That Be? by Nnewi1stSon: 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
I detest reading at night. My brain assimilates very little. @OP I don't think there's nothing much wrong with it. So long you don't doze off in the exam hall afterwards! undecided
Re: All Night Studies-how Healthy Could That Be? by donstevico(m): 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
this topic deserves front page
Re: All Night Studies-how Healthy Could That Be? by AngelJennifer: 10:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
I really want to know if most first class graduates indulge in TDB
Re: All Night Studies-how Healthy Could That Be? by barnabas91: 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2014
Woow! Guys add this channel UNILORIN OLX
C0032226B
C0032226B
C0032226B
on ur BBM. For cheap and affordable stuffs u cn get in schl.
Phones, accessories, laptops, household materials e.t.c at a cheap and affordable price.
Note: strictly for unilorites

(1) (Reply)

PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge 2014 / Project Topics And Materials In Banking And Finance / Apply For Futo Postgraduate Admission Form Is Out – 2015/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.