Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

SEX SCANDAL: Catholic Bishop Resigns After Being Indicted Of Having An Affair - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / SEX SCANDAL: Catholic Bishop Resigns After Being Indicted Of Having An Affair (687 Views)

George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO / Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA In Sex Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEX SCANDAL: Catholic Bishop Resigns After Being Indicted Of Having An Affair by aboy247: 8:46am On Oct 11, 2014
Pope Francis has accepted the resignation of a British bishop who stood down after admitting to an affair with a married parishioner, the Vatican said on Monday.

“The Holy Father Francis has accepted the resignation of Bishop Kieran Conry from the dioceses of Arundel and Brighton,” a statement said.
Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/more-news/religion/item/335-sex-scandal-catholic-bishop-resigns-after-being-indicted-of-affair-with-married-parishioner
Re: SEX SCANDAL: Catholic Bishop Resigns After Being Indicted Of Having An Affair by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 11, 2014
Nothing new. He is human and spirit and bound to make mistake. That doesn't mean he shouldn't pay for what he did.
Re: SEX SCANDAL: Catholic Bishop Resigns After Being Indicted Of Having An Affair by MightySparrow: 7:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
That kind thing can't happen in Nigeria.
Re: SEX SCANDAL: Catholic Bishop Resigns After Being Indicted Of Having An Affair by okon11: 9:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
MightySparrow:
That kind thing can't happen in Nigeria.

I agree no Nigerian bishop or pastor will resign after such scandal
Re: SEX SCANDAL: Catholic Bishop Resigns After Being Indicted Of Having An Affair by EvilBrain1(m): 9:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
They made the guy resign for sleeping with a consenting adult? I guess that must be a big sin in the catholic church. If he had done the recommended thing and molested a child, they would probably have helped him by moving him to another diocese, or recalling him to the Vatican and giving him a big mansion like they do to the other child molesting priests.

2 Likes

Re: SEX SCANDAL: Catholic Bishop Resigns After Being Indicted Of Having An Affair by nnatom: 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
EvilBrain1:
They made the guy resign for sleeping with a consenting adult? I guess that must be a big sin in the catholic church. If he had done the recommended thing and molested a child, they would probably have helped him by moving him to another diocese, or recalling him to the Vatican and giving him a big mansion like they do to the other child molesting priests.

after reading your post , I noticed your user name.then I realised dat nothing useful can come out of such brain.

(1) (Reply)

What's Up With All The Fear? / End Of The World Soon, Imminent, Shortly, Few Years» Watchtower / Canadian Woman Keeps Husband Corpse Upstairs For 6 Months, Praying For A Resurre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.