Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

The Magi - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Magi (5677 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Magi by Nimen(m): 9:53am On Oct 11, 2014
All rights reserved no part of this story may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, published or transmitted, in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the writer.

All characters in this story are completely fictitious and any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincindental

nimensod@gmail.com

i want to use this medium to invite:
Royver
Handie
Jennimma
Jeanfortune
Kayemjay
Queenxstar
MaziOmenuko
Fatalveli
D9ty7
tecno4life
Therock5555
lilylove2
rapmike
kingzpen
codedbaby
Larrysun
daveP
TiffanyJ
Ashley2389
ogaga4luv
Mention
Ciela
Frank317
XOXmedia
emzypaz
Danpersie31

and the general nairaland public for reviews of this story
Re: The Magi by Nimen(m): 9:55am On Oct 11, 2014
POMPEII 420AD
PROLOGUE

He walks down the alley, his house was just around the corner, he's just come down from the town hall where they debated about the several broken aqueducts around the city that had flooded some parts of the city.

"Hey Aiden, you want some sweet peaches, this wonderful morning"

Aiden turns to see the old fruit seller with the green peaches in both hands.

"No sweet Old Lonalde, my wife must have prepared some broth this this morning don't want to keep her"

He silently drops the peaches in the foyer. Aiden reaches the foot of the stairs in front of his house, he had plucked some rose flowers in front of the town hall, Maia loved roses, she'd be moody when one withers and dies, he was thinking of cultivating a rose garden for the fair maiden.

He climbs the stairs and knocks at the door, smiling trying to envision the face of Maia when she sees these flowers, she knocks a second time and waits for a minute. He turns on his Inner eye and sees black auras around the door.

"No!" He screams.

He kicks the door in and the black aura seems like its emanating from a room upstairs,

"Maia!!!" He yells

Yet no answer, Selmo the stable boy runs in.

"Call me Gabore now!" He orders the boy as he rushes into their bedroom, the sights alone makes him drop on his knees as tears stream down from his eyes. He cries out, sobbing bitterly, Maia was impaled on a spear, through her lower abdomen, killing the baby in the process, who could have done this. He rushes towards her pulling down her hair and hugging her, his tears, his tears drenching her hair, her blood drenching his hair.

"I'm sorry Maia, you got caught up in this"

"You know this was bound to happen right" Someone says.

He turns to see Gabore in his legendary white flowing beards

"Gabore" He says acknowledging his presence with a bow.

"You know it's no more safe here right?" He says in his deep bass voice

Aiden just nods

"Then you have to make up your mind now, the darkness is growing stronger by the day and more of the followers of the light are joining the darkness"

"Did they do this?" He points at Maia's impaled body

"Who else will do such monstrous things?" Gabore says

"Then i'm for the Light and will stop at no lenght to stop these momsters" He says collapsing into a cane chair.

"No Aiden, you will do no such thing, you'll have to go away for some time"

"What... You want to send me on an exile?" a bewildered Aiden asks

"No, not at all my boy" he says grinning and puts his hands on his shoulder

"I must avenge the murder of my wife" He snaps at Gabore

"They are more powerful than you think Aiden, when the right time comes, i will alert you"

Gabore was a friend and a mentor, he was a long liver like him, two Millenia older than he was, he was the mortal alive he could actually trust. Gabore stretches out his hands, clasps it tight

"See you soon brother"

"Be safe brother" Gabore replies

Aiden smiles at him as he slowly dissappears into the thin air.

Gabore turns to the body and heaves a sigh
Re: The Magi by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 11, 2014
nice intro next update pls
Re: The Magi by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 11, 2014
I was here. Be following this like twitter.
Re: The Magi by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 11, 2014
Wow tanx for the invitation.
Grabs a chair in the VIP section and shouts "carry on Nimen"

1 Like

Re: The Magi by Nimen(m): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2014
Will be posting in the evening... Hold still

Ciela i sight u... Come siddon for the VVIP with me i got MOET for you
Re: The Magi by Nimen(m): 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
THE MAGI
EPISODE 2

SOMEWHERE IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA 2014AD

Simon just removes some money from his pocket and gives it to the Nigerien tugging his trousers, his was thankful this one had clean hands, not those ones that leave your trouser with a huge stain, and its cruel to beat a poor little beggar.
"Today should go well" he mutters to himself, since he turned 20 he'd been having dreams, and when he wakes up significant events from the dream comes to pass... Like he saw in movies, he kept his new ability to himself, "Damn christianity, this is an evidence of evolution" he always told himself, he hated being told how to live his own life. Although Joy thought otherwise... Yes Joy the Facebook/Whatsapp/BBM/Palmchat friend he was going to meet today, she glued him to his phone, her intelligence and versatile thinking baffled him.

"No hassles.. just easy" he says exhaling at the gate of "Juvenik Restaurant" one of the most expensive not to mention classy restaurant in the town, his phone buzzes and he checks it. It was Joy calling.

"Hey, i'm at the gate, coming in now... Yeah" he glances around the space that was the parking lot, a grey Honda Element holds his gaze a little, before he reaches the door a uniformed butler opens it...

He was crosslegged looking at the stars... He was fiddling with his telescope, it was a little over hundred years old, but still worked perfectly, he knew his way around astronomy, he taught astronomy in the University here... He'd had to move around since arriving Africa from Pompeii, he was impressed with how the natives has developed and were matching the Europeans stride by stride, they were even schooling them, he was a Nubian by birth and fit in directly with the black population, he was different, so he couldn't socialize, he put the telescope in focus and looked at the stars, one star was shining bright, it had a secret it wanted to unfold, he brought out his pen and scribbled mathematical equations like he was writing abcd he looked shocked, and checked the stars again... Shitt this was not through, he ran into the house and into the bedroom he ransacked the old scrolls in his bedroom and picked one unrolled it and ran to the backyard again, checked the star once again and chuckled

"Well if its not the dreamer."

Since the first day he set foot on Africa, the natives followed the priests like petty gods, mystical beings where found in the dark continent in ample supply, it increased during the inquisition, it was a safe haven for those who couldn't withstand the church.
The mystery of the dreamer had confounded the Magi for millions of years and many of the Magi only knew one dreamer... Zoroaster. And in Aiden's Two thousand five hundred years on the planet izu (Zoroastrian for earth) he had only seen a dead dreamer , in Athens during Gaius Caligula's reign, they were so powerful that the corpse of the dead dreamer when touched was believed to bring you joy the next day and eliminated every sorrow, the disciples of the dark one though Gaius Caligula dismembered the body and burnt it.
He needed to find this dreamer
he lit the candles and incense, and sat crosslegged, clossed his eyes and started muttering some incantation...
A force lifts him from the floor and he sat crosslegged, floating in the air. He immediately opens his eye

It was dead white... No pupil

He walks to the counter and gets a bottle of eva water, was part of the swag, he opens it and snuggles it down, he looks around and sees a beautiful lady waving at him, he grins and his heart skips a bit, he exhales slowly, straightens his shirt and steps towards her table...

"Hey cutie, hope this chair isn't reserved?" he says in a faked american accent, Joy giggles and hugs him across the table

"Hmm, its nice to meet the real Simon Power" she says smiling

"Well as you can see there's nothing so special about him" Simon says gives her a cute grin and she giggles again, "wow he was so getting laid this night" he told himself

"No way... You're the most succesful blogger in the south, with the highest followed facebook page in West Africa, 2face? Who's 2face?" She says giggling all over again

"So what will milady love to take this lovely evening" Simon says looking at her little exposed cleavage... Then like a flash he remembered something that felt like it was masked away in his memory, it was her... She held a gun at him and fired three times as he ran behind the counter

"... You're hearing me aren't you?" he heard her say, he jolts back into reality

"Urghh..." he grunts turning back to look at the now familiar face as he remembers the horrible nightmare he had last night...

Continued tomorrow
Re: The Magi by TiffanyJ(f): 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nimen:
All rights reserved no part of this story may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, published or transmitted, in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the writer.

All characters in this story are completely fictitious and any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincindental

nimensod@gmail.com

Royver
Handie
Jennimma
Jeanfortune
Kayemjay
Queenxstar
MaziOmenuko
Fatalveli
D9ty7
tecno4life
Therock5555
lilylove2
rapmike
kingzpen
codedbaby
Larrysun
daveP
TiffanyJ
Ashley2389
ogaga4luv
Mention
Ciela
Frank317
XOXmedia
emzypaz
Danpersie31

I'm present sir. Thanks for inviting me.

1 Like

Re: The Magi by tecno4life(m): 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nimen, nna men see the movie look like American blockbuster cool oboy I even call am movie, e look like better Hollywood movie, why u no sell d script 4 Nollywood Anyway, gr8 tory. Where my sit 4 Table for 3: D9ty7, TheRock5555 and Tecno4life na hw much make i pay 4 all of us cool
Re: The Magi by Nimen(m): 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2014
TiffanyJ:

I'm present sir. Thanks for inviting me.

thanks ma'am your seat is already reserved for you, what would you take?
Re: The Magi by Nimen(m): 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2014
tecno4life:
Nimen, nna men see the movie look like American blockbuster cool oboy I even call am movie, e look like better Hollywood movie, why u no sell d script 4 Nollywood Anyway, gr8 tory. Where my sit 4 Table for 3: D9ty7, TheRock5555 and Tecno4life na hw much make i pay 4 all of us cool

lol... our nollywood peeps can be discouraging, siddon wella jare ah get beta gist for you, table for four na 50k sha... But u na big man na
Re: The Magi by tecno4life(m): 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nimen:

lol... our nollywood peeps can be discouraging, siddon wella jare ah get beta gist for you, table for four na 50k sha... But u na big man na
I been don dey arrange 4M sef *brings out cheque book, writes on it* dis na 200K 4 me, TheRock5555, D9ty7 and Eniqurl.
Re: The Magi by Mention(m): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2014
M present sir...
Labaski come see story ooo
Re: The Magi by Nimen(m): 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
tecno4life:

I been don dey arrange 4M sef *brings out cheque book, writes on it* dis na 200K 4 me, TheRock5555, D9ty7 and Eniqurl.

of course give it to d ticket guys for gate... U go pay for yhur pop corn and suya oo!!
Re: The Magi by tecno4life(m): 9:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nimen:

of course give it to d ticket guys for gate... U go pay for yhur pop corn and suya oo!!
of course give us 1,000 naira of suya each and 2 popcorn each wif soda and Alomo( time 2 get high gringrin) hw much total.
Therock5555 and D9ty7 come 2 ur table for 4.
Re: The Magi by Nimen(m): 1:35am On Oct 12, 2014
tecno4life:

of course give us 1,000 naira of suya each and 2 popcorn each wif soda and Alomo( time 2 get high gringrin) hw much total.
Therock5555 and D9ty7 come 2 ur table for 4.

lol... Ask Ms. Waitress she go answer that one... We get bouncers ooo so no misbehave when yhu don high finish... Or u go wake up for gutter
Re: The Magi by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 12, 2014
Nimen:
Will be posting in the evening... Hold still

Ciela i sight u... Come siddon for the VVIP with me i got MOET for you
Tanx Nimen bt i wud prefer a carton of chilled maltina.
More mb to u
Re: The Magi by Therock5555(m): 8:58am On Oct 12, 2014
Nimen:

lol... Ask Ms. Waitress she go answer that one... We get bouncers ooo so no misbehave when yhu don high finish... Or u go wake up for gutter
sneaks in....
Re: The Magi by Jeanfortune(f): 1:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
hey Nimen, thanks for the mention
Re: The Magi by Nimen(m): 7:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
Jeanfortune:
hey Nimen, thanks for the mention

welcome... Make yourself comfortable dear
Re: The Magi by Nimen(m): 8:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
.....continued

The baldheaded man in dark shades is sitting in his Honda Element brings out a wrapped small paper from his dashboard and unwraps it he pinches the weed in the paper, and slowly wraps it cylindrically and purses it between his lips, he checks his blue flowery native top's side pocket ruffling through what sounded like keys, he checks the second pocket, ruffles through it before producing a lighter, after to flicks it lights the cigarette in his mouth, he drags in as much smoke as he could, holds it a bit and exhales... Immediately his phone rings, he takes it out...

"Have you gotten the location?" A voice filtered through the loudspeaker

"Yeah i'm here in case it doesn't work according to plan" the bald headed man replies

"She's taking the lead?" the voice says again

"Yes..."

"Okay, remember we need this one alive"

"Positive" the line goes dead

he takes a drag of the weed looks at it amused.

*:
Aiden walks into the restaurant, it was a friday evening and it was filled to the brim, Nigerian people sure know how to unwind, he looks around, confused... He turns on his inner eye, to see rays of colours, pink over the head of the couple attempting pre-intimacy under the table, green on the two friends chatting away about soccer, on the far away table, two young people weren't talking, a red aura was oozing, lightly from the boy.
The last time he had used his powers to fight since he left Pompeii like two millenia ago was when two priests of Akuma in modern day Ouadagogou wanted to overthrow the head chief of Akuma, he was a mekshu something like a salesman, he was selling portuguese clothing to the chiefs. The priests were fortified with dark powers, but they were beaten down, the head chief gave him a title he can't remember, but Aiden was a song now sang in their folktales, he sipped his coke.
The lady seating with the dreamer stands up and moves towards the restroom, it was his chance, but then he sees this bald man coming in from the door, black aura surrounding him as he pushes the door open with such a force that pushes down the butler opening the door, he shoots down two light bulbs, every where turns in chaos, Aiden rushes towards the young man, pushing him down as bullets spray the wall behind him, he grabbed the boy and made for the door marked staff only, he drags the boy in and pulls down the industrial fridge behind the door, the bald headed man rushes in, into the corridor, shooting sporadically, Aiden dragging Simon enters the kitchen and the bald headed man follows, shooting blindly, shooting down two cooks who wouldn't take cover, Aiden comes out from behind a freezer, kicks his gun and it clatters away from him. Joy immediately comes in shooting, Aiden flies for a gas cooker, Joy's gun clicks, she drops the gun and goes for Simon, who'd run off, Aiden trips her and she falls, he empties his clip on the bald headed man and uses the butt of the gun and knocks Joy out, he looks around for the boy.
The boy seeing them fighting, opened the back door and fleed with the rest of the cooks, he tried scaling the fence but couldn't, so he runs to the main gate... Aiden just appears in front of him and he's shocked

"Who... A...re you?" Simon stammers

"The man who just saved your life" Aiden replies.

"Are you sure about that?" A man from behind him says.

Aiden turns slowly to see a man with a wand in hand

"Secum vi Vovicar" He incantates
and immediately a stream of fire comes out from the wand

Immediately Aiden sees the fire he jumps on Simon and vanishes...

TheRock5555 the legend is here, sir your seat awaits you...
Re: The Magi by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
I'm a bit confused Nimen. The scuffle in the industrial kitchen is loose. I mean the simeon,joy,adien and bald headed man thing. You may want to modify that. All the same,you're doing well.
Re: The Magi by Nimen(m): 10:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
Jennimma:
I'm a bit confused Nimen. The scuffle in the industrial kitchen is loose. I mean the simeon,joy,adien and bald headed man thing. You may want to modify that. All the same,you're doing well.

cool observation sha... I've made it clearer
Re: The Magi by rapmike(m): 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2014
Okay, am here........

Update 24/7 every single week. Lolz

Nyc work here.
Re: The Magi by Nimen(m): 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2014
rapmike:
Okay, am here........

Update 24/7 every single week. Lolz

Nyc work here.

i'll try, thanks man...
Re: The Magi by Nimen(m): 1:08pm On Oct 14, 2014
Simon is walking down the street, he was panting, looking back in the dark street, as if looking for something, the moon was now covered in the clouds shitt, he couldn't see where he was even stepping, he started jogging, he wanted to go as far away from it as possible, he sees a house with a room that had the light on, he runs faster to the gate, he bangs on the gate, tried opening it

"Shitt" he muttered it was locked.

He heard laughter, a wicked laughter, it echoes down the empty street

"Where will you run now? Young dreamer?"
He laughs wickedly again, Simon looks around trying to find out the source of the laughter, he starts banging the gate in desperation as the laughter grows louder, he backs the gate as the moon comes out, and he sees a man stepping out of the shadow, his eyes pops open and his mouth rounds in a wide "O" the moon stares and it seemed like time stood and watched too, the man bares his teeth and laughed again, his mane start growingm so did his body, hetting hairier, and he tears his cloth and leaps into animal form on all fours, he grew on all fours, up to five feet, he bares its teeth again and growls angrily, with the foul breath coming out, Simon carefully mutters his last praters and closes his eyes,

"Baby, wake up!!" he hears someone say.

He opens one eye, and slowly opens the other, he sees Lily, his girlfriend, staring down at him

"Pheew..." she says cleaning up the sweat growing in her brow and the lil tears forming in her eyes

"... For a moment there you got me scared"

She says moving along to the window and opening the blinds, as light creeps inside the room

"What kind of nightmare was that? tell me?" She says removing the blanket from on top of him

"Nothing" Simin says frigning a smile, awkwardly, standing up in gis briefs

"Nothing, its just nothing" He says and enters the bathroom, closing the door behind him as a Shocked Lily looks on

He was shaken to the bones, it seemed so real, it was as if this dream was one of those that came to pass in the long run as vivid as they happened, he locked the door behind him.
continued later
Re: The Magi by fhunn: 10:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
Modified
neva knew anyone could handle up to 3 scenes? shocked
Re: The Magi by Therock5555(m): 10:03am On Oct 15, 2014
Nice work sir, anyway, putting locations would help a lot, I just hope you know how to connect your loose ends because them plenty o, you are bringing lots of characters we know nothing about, anyway lemme manage back seat here, I just need a VIP babe near megrin
Re: The Magi by Fatalveli(m): 10:26am On Oct 15, 2014
Nimen:

nimensod@gmail.com

Royver
Handie
Jennimma
Jeanfortune
Kayemjay
Queenxstar
MaziOmenuko
Fatalveli
D9ty7
tecno4life
Therock5555
lilylove2
rapmike
kingzpen
codedbaby
Larrysun
daveP
TiffanyJ
Ashley2389
ogaga4luv
Mention
Ciela
Frank317
XOXmedia
emzypaz
Danpersie31

Its hard to believe dat I'm just seeing dis thread for d 1st time and nimen, its a nice story u've got up there...I'm finally here to stay! But handie, u cannot even notify me about dis story abi, u deserve a knock on ur head!
Re: The Magi by daveP(m): 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
(awaits scanner@ door to clear him for entry, door buzzez red) ohh. What now (drops sack of ofio) soon il enter this thread well
Re: The Magi by fhunn: 8:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
Therock5555:
Nice work sir, anyway, putting locations would help a lot, I just hope you know how to connect your loose ends because them plenty o, you are bringing lots of characters we know nothing about, anyway lemme manage back seat here, I just need a VIP babe near megrin

seconded

ehen how abt the part 3 of your piece nah!
Re: The Magi by Therock5555(m): 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
fhunn:

seconded

ehen how abt the part 3 of your piece nah!
part 3 of what sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Pains Of Love! / Do Not Walk Into This Room - A Short Story / What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.