Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity (5512 Views)

DJ Young Money Played For 8 Hours At 9ja Eco Charity Festival (Photos) / Ojb’s First Wife Explains Why She Donated Her Kidney To Him / EFCC Wants Stephaine Okereke Arrested Over N50M Largesse donated By Akpabi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by HighBK: 11:22am On Oct 11, 2014
Chen Shu-chu sells peppers, taro and mushrooms in eastern Taiwan and has known poverty much of her life.
She does this for up to 18 hours a day, six days a week. But no matter how much money she makes, she spends no more than a few dollars a day on herself so that she can give away the rest.

Over the past two decades, Ms Chen has donated over 10 million Taiwanese dollars ($350,000; £210,000) to the building of a school library and a hospital wing. She has also donated to a local Buddhist organisation and orphanages. The donations included money inherited from her father, royalties from a book written about her and cash prizes for her work. To some people, it might seem like madness to give away most of your wealth. But Ms Chen insists it’s not that difficult.
“Everyone can do it. It’s not just me. It’s not how much money you make that matters, but how you use your money,” she says.
“I don’t see money as being that important. After all, you can’t bring it with you when you start a new life and you can’t take it with you when you leave this life.”

But how has a woman with such a modest profession accumulated so much money to give away in the first place?

Read the complete story here... http://sobolation.com/vegetable-seller-donated-50-million-naira/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by HighBK: 11:36am On Oct 11, 2014
Many lessons from the story

1. You don't need to have millions before you can help
2. Marriage is not the ultimate calling for women
3. You need money to help! (She was able to donate that much cos she gave out money she won from awards)
4. If disciplined, you can save a lot from little.

Any more lessons from the story?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by donttouch: 11:50am On Oct 11, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
God bless her soul. she has such a golden heart.

3 Likes

Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by HighBK: 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
miraclewonder:
God bless her soul. she has such a golden heart.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by Blakjewelry(m): 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
a godly heart is not affiliated with any particular religion, but one who has the love of god at heart and the only way to show the love of god is to love your fellow man.

2 Likes

Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by nwaobitex: 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
50 million gini..if I hear..
Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by Haywhymido(m): 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
Owo meji loke fun mama yen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by HighBK: 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
Haywhymido:

mama niyen!
Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by dustydee: 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2014
HighBK:

But how has a woman with such a modest profession accumulated so much money to give away in the first place?

Read the story you posted and you'll find the answer to your question.
Let me help you:
The donations included money inherited from her father, royalties from a book written about her and cash prizes for her work. To some people, it might seem like madness to give away most of your wealth.

1 Like

Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by olagockay(m): 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
Haywhymido:
Shey ko wale
Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by MizMyColi(f): 4:16pm On Oct 13, 2014
pffftttt
Ahdonblv this.

Somebody somewhere must have hyped those figures.
Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by sholay2011(m): 8:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
Haywhymido:
You must be an agbero at ojuelegba grin

Mods, why is this thread not on frontpage?!
Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by Danielclinton: 6:41am On Nov 07, 2014
na u sabi
Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by Opeedo(m): 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
Men this great! Mod by tommorow if this is not on Frontpage i will break your balls !
Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by Wisegeek01(m): 7:12am On Nov 12, 2014
MizMyColi:
pffftttt
Ahdonblv this.

Somebody somewhere must have hyped those figures.

The point Is that she gave a large sum to charity, forget the figure*
Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by seangy4konji: 7:52am On Nov 14, 2014
Our thieving politicians with over 5 billion Naira can not donate a kobo to accidet victims or bomb blast.
Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by jbaby265(f): 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2014
nice of her..

GOD HELP ME COZ I WANT TO BE LIKE HER WHEN I START MAKING MONEY
Re: Vegetable Seller (iya Alata) Donated Over 50 Million Naira To Charity by paooxide(m): 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
jbaby265:
nice of her..

GOD HELP ME COZ I WANT TO BE LIKE HER WHEN I START MAKING MONEY

Sorry! Do you mean her generosity or selling of vegetables?

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid Acquires BMW X6 (picture Inside) / Woman Who Had Ribs Removed To Look Like Jessica Rabbit Needs Corset To Stay Aliv / SHOCKING Pics:woman Spends $20,000 On Surgery For A 3RD BR€AST To Scare Men Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.