Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,928 members, 7,835,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) (50343 Views)

Keke NAPEP Driving On Pedestrain Bridge In Lagos / Man Punished For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos(photo) / Oyibo Caught Easing Himself On A Bridge In Lagos (in Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by blackprowler: 4:17am On Oct 12, 2014
kennygee:
I saw it this afternoon.

I couldn't help but wonder how it happened because there is always traffic on that road.

You wouldn't be wondering if by now the FRSC and Nigerians in general had accepted to have all vehicles install my car CCTV. They insist they must continue to suffer so that I may remain poor. As I always say, the Bill Gates, Jobs and Bransons of this world would be poor had they been Nigerians. The society, that's the problem. If ppl knew that whenever any accident occurred, there would be video evidence, it WILL affect how they maintain their cars and how they drive. I've made proposal upon proposal, pursued even individuals all to no avail. If I were in a country where people had a brain, I would have been a very successful businessman by now. Let us continue to be mumu; we deserve all our woes

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by blackprowler: 4:31am On Oct 12, 2014
all4naija:

Shut the f**k up! I can stand somebody like you who is contented with poor development! Indeed, I can't see any traffic light on that road in the first place.No road signs and you expected not to see death in a bad road as that on the images. Dude, don't make me get mad at you! This is human life we are talking about here and one of the drivers must had galloped out of the undulating surface and lost control of the vehicle. Please, this is blamed on poor road development!

You wouldn't be wondering if by now the FRSC and Nigerians in general had accepted to have all vehicles install my car CCTV. They insist they must continue to suffer so that I may remain poor. As I always say, the Bill Gates, Jobs and Bransons of this world would be poor had they been Nigerians. The society, that's the problem. If ppl knew that whenever any accident occurred, there would be video evidence, it WILL affect how they maintain their cars and how they drive. I've made proposal upon proposal, pursued even individuals all to no avail. If I were in a country where people had a brain, I would have been a very successful businessman by now. Let us continue to be mumu; we deserve all our woes
Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by blackprowler: 4:48am On Oct 12, 2014
Cajetanspeaks:
On the contrary the cause of this accident probably will be the good condition of the road which led to drivers over speeding.

We always choose to speculate rather than know the real thing if money is to be spent. See a whole court in Ekiti attacked by hoodlums, no CCTV record of the incident to identify perpetrators. Are we willing to live in the 21st century at all? I brought in and begged ppl to buy car video camera to reduce road accident and check irresponsible driving, enforcable by the police and FRSC; they refuse! So we shd keep speculating rather than knowing EXACTLY where, when, how it happened
Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by blackprowler: 5:14am On Oct 12, 2014
all4naija:
Keep praising mediocrity in your ignorance! Government is responsible to citizens, fix roads and make their uses clean to save lives. Only in Nigeria roads which aren't tarred are good roads. Nonsense!

Yes, I don't know about that road but the images say otherwise. It is not even tarred in the first place and there is galloping surface close to where the accident happened! Jeez! I think you are the one who knows the road very well and can explain to me if what I said about the road from those images aren't true. I am waiting for your reply.

On lagos-Ibadan expressway, I've lost control of my steering in an undulating part of very well-tarred road and finally ended in a nearby bush. Happy there was no solid object to ram into. Not a car was in sight as I always make the effort to drive away from other cars either by overtaking or slowing down so that I'm on my own. What if my accident was fatal? All manner of speculators' stories will suffice. There's a small explanation you've all heard before but don't fully understand its ramifications: we are a 3rd world country! In spirit, soul and body we're a 3rd world country. Anyway when you ppl are ready for a solution to high rate of accidents on the roads, you may want to purchase the car video camera so that it can analyse and provide evidence of your driving activities in case of an eventuality

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by blackprowler: 5:34am On Oct 12, 2014
Cajetanspeaks:
Abuja is a developed nation in a third world country, a visit will convince you.

One of the reasons why we remain a backward country is that we think we can use crude oil proceeds to buy development and modernity from where it exists. It is like how we get "machinary" (merceneries) to write WAEC for us and we're proud we "have" so and so A's. We still remain the dumb rat we are. Development is in the mind of the people from where it radiates into what they make in the physical material world. But of course as a 3rd world ppl, we don't know that. If we do right, maybe 50-100yrs before we see definite improvement. If not, maybe 1000yrs we will still be deceiving ourselves
Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by blackprowler: 5:49am On Oct 12, 2014
GreatFatherson:

I have followed your posts on this thread and they are truly comical and silly. You are just clutching at straws looking for ways to blame GEJ for a non existent problem. People who know that road first hand including myself have stated repeatedly that the road is excellent and this unfortunate accident was probably caused by reckless driving and/or mechanical failure but you insist on this silly charade.

It is this sort of childish rants that is damaging the our view of the level of maturity of the opposition in this country.

Pls folks out there. IGNORE THIS FELLOW. Let's proffer matured and realistic solutions to prevent this type of incident.

If by now the FRSC and Nigerians in general had accepted to have all vehicles install my car CCTV, you would have found a drastic reduction in road mishaps. They insist they must continue to suffer so that I may remain poor. As I always say, the Bill Gates, Jobs and Bransons of this world would be poor had they been Nigerians. The society, that's the problem. If ppl knew that whenever any accident occurred, there would be video evidence, it WILL affect how they maintain their cars and how they drive. I've made proposal upon proposal, pursued even individuals all to no avail. If I were in a country where people had a brain, I would have been a very successful businessman by now. Let us continue to be mumu; we deserve all our woes
Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by billyG(m): 8:00am On Oct 12, 2014
God with all d good roads in abj,accident still happens,this is purely human factor,d law shld peg taxi driver to 60km/hr ind city.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by SapphireYj: 8:43am On Oct 12, 2014
all4naija:

Do you call this a good road on the image below? Jeez! Smh...! angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed You primitive person!
[img]http://1.bp..com/-iTvi7hDh2dk/VDkJ7qDps4I/AAAAAAADq2o/DSTtuFkuwSk/s1600/3.png[/img]
Mr man, listen to people that know the road! I have driven counless times on that road and it is very good(no pot hole). The red undulating surface in the pix is the SIDE OF THE ROAD, not the ROAD.The road is where you see cars in a hold up behind the 2 accidented cars(that road goes over the bridge and leads to Wuse market).That is a tarred road! It is the momentum from the serious impact from the accident tha flung the 2 cars to the side of the road.infact there is a wide expressway that leads to sheraton/central area, few metres in front of the side of the road those 2 cars are in the pix. Abuja roads are fantastic; I don't think there is any city that has roads as good as abuja's in nigeria!
Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by ericamaka: 9:17am On Oct 12, 2014
it is petty,may Almighty God console the family..[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by GreatFatherson: 11:16am On Oct 12, 2014
blackprowler:

If by now the FRSC and Nigerians in general had accepted to have all vehicles install my car CCTV, you would have found a drastic reduction in road mishaps. They insist they must continue to suffer so that I may remain poor. As I always say, the Bill Gates, Jobs and Bransons of this world would be poor had they been Nigerians. The society, that's the problem. If ppl knew that whenever any accident occurred, there would be video evidence, it WILL affect how they maintain their cars and how they drive. I've made proposal upon proposal, pursued even individuals all to no avail. If I were in a country where people had a brain, I would have been a very successful businessman by now. Let us continue to be mumu; we deserve all our woes
I like your zeal in promoting the product that you are selling. However I want to remind you that prevention is better than cure. The simplest way to reduce accidents is by reducing vehicle speeds. If you are promoting speed limitation devices, that will make a lot more sense in our situation.

Also because your product is not well received does not mean that Nigerians don't have brains and that Bill Gates wouldn't have succeeded in Nigeria. Do I need to remind you that Dangote is a very rich man who made his money using the same monopolist strategy as Microsoft Windows OS from Bill Gates.

Quit blaming and castigating everyone else but yourself. If your product is not receiving adequate patronage then change your marketing strategy or product or mindset.

Whatever happens, don't give up. You will surely succeed. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by blackprowler: 11:46am On Oct 12, 2014
GreatFatherson:

I like your zeal in promoting the product that you are selling. However I want to remind you that prevention is better than cure. The simplest way to reduce accidents is by reducing vehicle speeds. If you are promoting speed limitation devices, that will make a lot more sense in our situation.

Also because your product is not well received does not mean that Nigerians don't have brains and that Bill Gates wouldn't have succeeded in Nigeria. Do I need to remind you that Dangote is a very rich man who made his money using the same monopolist strategy as Microsoft Windows OS from Bill Gates.

Quit blaming and castigating everyone else but yourself. If your product is not receiving adequate patronage then change your marketing strategy or product or mindset.

Whatever happens, don't give up. You will surely succeed. Amen.

My dear I know this is an anonymous forum and you don't know me. I appreciate your imput though. I'm not your average Nigerian; at all
1. Speed in and of itself does not kill. It is whether you collide with sth or not or whether you lose control of your vehicle, both of which likelihood is increased by speeding I know. But slowing down can never save you from accidents and have even caused a few. I've had an accident in which ppl died and it happened in a place where we could simply never be "speeding" (assuming 100+km/h). It had to do with visibility and we collided head-on and the other party's casualty had no seatbelt on.
2. My dear, it IS a prevention. Contrary to your speed-limiting idea I just addressed, this one is an accountability device which if everyone or most people have it, it is like the judge or the govt in your car monitoring your driving. What better incentive to drive properly? Tell me.

Y'know: I didn't invent it. I'm just trying to introduce it. It was invented and in use in countries where people are more reasonable. It isn't even needed in those civilised countries as the ordinary man there is a reasonable man. In Russia where they're crazy drivers comparable to Nigerians but less so, virtually every vehicle has it.

So thanks once again but not everyone in Nairaland is a young boy who has no life experience.
PS: I'm not taking you on with malice but if I keep quiet all the time, ppl go away with wrong impression. I don't know how old you are but if you knew the '80s and earlier, it is Dantata family you'll be hearing of, acclaimed as possibly the richest Northern family. Well, it so happens that Dangote is a Dantata too. He bears a different name because it is a female Dantata that went to marry Dangote to bear him. At 20yrs old, Dangote was already a friend to Head-of-State Obasanjo and they'd already given him one import license which would make you rich in your own right. My friend, the life is not as simplistic as you see it, especially in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by GreatFatherson: 2:15pm On Oct 12, 2014
blackprowler:

My dear I know this is an anonymous forum and you don't know me. I appreciate your imput though. I'm not your average Nigerian; at all
1. Speed in and of itself does not kill. It is whether you collide with sth or not or whether you lose control of your vehicle, both of which likelihood is increased by speeding I know. But slowing down can never save you from accidents and have even caused a few. I've had an accident in which ppl died and it happened in a place where we could simply never be "speeding" (assuming 100+km/h). It had to do with visibility and we collided head-on and the other party's casualty had no seatbelt on.
2. My dear, it IS a prevention. Contrary to your speed-limiting idea I just addressed, this one is an accountability device which if everyone or most people have it, it is like the judge or the govt in your car monitoring your driving. What better incentive to drive properly? Tell me.

Y'know: I didn't invent it. I'm just trying to introduce it. It was invented and in use in countries where people are more reasonable. It isn't even needed in those civilised countries as the ordinary man there is a reasonable man. In Russia where they're crazy drivers comparable to Nigerians but less so, virtually every vehicle has it.

So thanks once again but not everyone in Nairaland is a young boy who has no life experience.
PS: I'm not taking you on with malice but if I keep quiet all the time, ppl go away with wrong impression. I don't know how old you are but if you knew the '80s and earlier, it is Dantata family you'll be hearing of, acclaimed as possibly the richest Northern family. Well, it so happens that Dangote is a Dantata too. He bears a different name because it is a female Dantata that went to marry Dangote to bear him. At 20yrs old, Dangote was already a friend to Head-of-State Obasanjo and they'd already given him one import license which would make you rich in your own right. My friend, the life is not as simplistic as you see it, especially in Nigeria
Your post is insightful. I will ponder over it. Have a wonderful Sunday.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by GreatFatherson: 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
SapphireYj:
Mr man, listen to people that know the road! I have driven counless times on that road and it is very good(no pot hole). The red undulating surface in the pix is the SIDE OF THE ROAD, not the ROAD.The road is where you see cars in a hold up behind the 2 accidented cars(that road goes over the bridge and leads to Wuse market).That is a tarred road! It is the momentum from the serious impact from the accident tha flung the 2 cars to the side of the road.infact there is a wide expressway that leads to sheraton/central area, few metres in front of the side of the road those 2 cars are in the pix. Abuja roads are fantastic; I don't think there is any city that has roads as good as abuja's in nigeria!
Please let's ignore that all4najia kid. He is trying to have childish fun on a serious issue where human lives are at stake. A more serious post is from blackprowler. Any measure that can reduce the carnage on our roads is welcome. I think we should encourage him any way we can.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by blackprowler: 3:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
GreatFatherson:

Your post is insightful. I will ponder over it. Have a wonderful Sunday.

You must be one of the best people I've ever interacted with on Nigerian media. Thank you. If we debated and learnt from one-another, would've been a better country since. But people debate in order to win here hence our predicament. Thank you once again

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by 9icetoo(m): 8:42am On Oct 13, 2014
RIP to the dead.
I do not think the taxi driver was speeding from the skid marks i saw in the pix. He was hit from the side by another speeding vehicle most likely as he was making a turn. It is my assumption that he started making that turn without signaling or using his rear and side view mirrors and expecting the oncoming vehicle to stop for him. The sad thing is scenarios like this occur everyday and his fellow taxi drivers will not learn from it. taxi drivers feel like they own the road whenever they are on it and are the worst drivers. Since okada was banned, the spirit of carelessness was transferred to them.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by mcino: 10:33am On Oct 13, 2014
all4naija:

Do you call this a good road on the image below? Jeez! Smh...! angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed You primitive person!
[img]http://1.bp..com/-iTvi7hDh2dk/VDkJ7qDps4I/AAAAAAADq2o/DSTtuFkuwSk/s1600/3.png[/img]
You are an incorrigible fo.ol. Since you choose to be ignorant, continue to swim in it. Sorry, I didn't know I quoted a non.entity
Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by Fellonigerians: 5:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
moneyhungry:
Cause of death: Bad government.
How?: politieftians misusing public funds meant for the provision of basic social amenities e.g Good roads.
life is short, but naija politicians make it even shorter.
naija!!!... cutting lives short since 0001 BC.

Where did you see the bad road The cause of this accident is bad driving, overspeeding, impatience, drunkenness, or recklessness... We see that everyday in Abuja... People drive as if they are invincible... When you drive in Abuja at 7am on saturday and sunday, you see cars in awkward places, and wonder how the cars got there...

I hope someone is prosecuted for this accident...

May the soul of the dead rest in peace!!!
Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 14, 2014
mcino:

You are an incorrigible fo.ol. Since you choose to be ignorant, continue to swim in it. Sorry, I didn't know I quoted a non.entity
You are a suckling f o o l. I don't have your boring time. Please, buzz off - you smelling housefly. Do you think you can intimidate me here?
Re: Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos) by mcino: 11:50am On Oct 14, 2014
all4naija:

You are a suckling f o o l. I don't have your boring time. Please, buzz off - you smelling housefly. Do you think you can intimidate me here?
Frustrated fo.ols know how to drag people down (a familiar terrain to them) to beat them since down below is their abode. I won't dignify you with a response again. You worth a cup of sand ... Veer off into the ocean. You suck, bro. No vex

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. / I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light / Lady With Four Fingers Cause Twitter Meltdown... (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.