Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Is It True That Yoruba People Uses Juju A Lot? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It True That Yoruba People Uses Juju A Lot? (1193 Views)

Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) / 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Yoruba People Uses Juju A Lot? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
I'm a Yoruba guy,from Oyo state to be precise. But i'm in Abuja right now,i came here to visit my cousin that got married to a man from Jos.

On getting here i met some other hausa boys,i so much love watching Yoruba movies on Africal Magic Yoruba.The Hausa guys love watching the movies with me,when i asked them why,they said the reason why they like watching Yoruba movies is because they will like to be able to speak Yoruba language.

Not long ago,they asked me that,why is it that Yoruba people like using Juju that much,they said almost all the Yoruba movies we usually watch as a part of it where by they will use charm. I tried to convince them that,its not like that,but they came up with different examples of Yoruba people they have met before that uses charm. In short,i was unable to convince them.

That was why i decided to just put it on here, Is it true that Yoruba people uses charm a lot?
And please,this is not about tribal whatever,dont't forget i said,i'm a Yoruba guy.
Re: Is It True That Yoruba People Uses Juju A Lot? by experimentist: 1:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
Y
Re: Is It True That Yoruba People Uses Juju A Lot? by twaintoy(f): 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2014
Ask those hausas why they use juju too? Every tribe does that.
Re: Is It True That Yoruba People Uses Juju A Lot? by braine(m): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2014
Yorubas are good at it. I fear us.
Re: Is It True That Yoruba People Uses Juju A Lot? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
Our juju usage is legendary
Re: Is It True That Yoruba People Uses Juju A Lot? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2014
My guy, google is your friend on this issue

(1) (Reply)

Coronation Ritual: Benin Crown Prince Eheneden Wrestles With Chief Priest He’ll / Where To Buy Quality Aso Oke In Ibadan Or Lagos, Nigeria / Can U Stand For Elderly Person Inside Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.