Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. - Education (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. (990241 Views)

2015/2016 OAU Pre-degree Aspirants Thread / 2015/2016 Oau Post Utme / 2014/2015 All Aspirant Thread Links (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 9:10am On Sep 12, 2015
Prescott001:
@Hausadreturn.U must be a science student....Am sure...
U aren't supposed to answer that question...
psychology is under Faculty of Social Sciences.
and any Course Under Faculty of Social science, U need Maths. Any course Under faculty of Administration. U need maths.. Thanks
....Good Morning
U just assumed that i must be a science student. U arent supposed to make assumptions like that - dont u think?
>
Let me make it clear again: U need maths in any course in social sciences in your O'level. U will do maths in the utme for econs and perhaps DSS.
>
U need maths in your O'level for all depts in social sciences b'cos some depts. like psychology, sociology, etc., does ssc 105, 106 (maths for social sciences), ssc 201, 202 (statistics) in their 100 and 200 levels respectively.
>
If per-adeventure u have a maths deficiency (in your O'level) and u apply for, say sociology, psychology etc., u will be given...but your celebrations will be short-lived b'cos u'll be shipped out of social sciences to the faculty of Arts as soon as discovered.
>
I believe we'd understand each other as time goes on.
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 9:13am On Sep 12, 2015
angiography:

guy...we're talking bout ume and post jamb here. All pol. Sci, inter-rel, psychology must do maths in ume and post ume or else...they wouldn't even be admitted unless 'dem kno some powerful persons'. That's a fact bro
inter-rel is in the faculty of admin....they do maths in utme.
***meanwhile there's ''history and inter-rel in the faculty of arts. U dont need maths in that one.
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 9:14am On Sep 12, 2015
mubaarraq:
if that's the case then why is my name not out yet? agg 270.5. pos
be patient a bit
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:20am On Sep 12, 2015
Sir Hausadreturn, from OAU eportal, it seems compulsory to have at least a pass in Math. Without that, you're a clown. It could explain why Muyiwa is yet to be admitted despite his 270.5.

Chisombenedicta, you argue a lot and I revel in that. Though I've always believed we Accountants do have a gorgon sense of sustaining our cachet. Thumbs up!
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by angiography(m): 9:23am On Sep 12, 2015
hausadreturn:
inter-rel is in the faculty of admin....they do maths in utme.
***meanwhile there's ''history and inter-rel in the faculty of arts. U dont need maths in that one.
exactly...for inter-rel/history...no need of maths. U're right there bro!
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by angiography(m): 9:48am On Sep 12, 2015
hausadreturn:
U just assumed that i must be a science student. U arent supposed to make assumptions like that - dont u think?
>
Let me make it clear again: U need maths in any course in social sciences in your O'level. U will do maths in the utme for econs and perhaps DSS.
>
U need maths in your O'level for all depts in social sciences b'cos some depts. like psychology, sociology, etc., does ssc 105, 106 (maths for social sciences), ssc 201, 202 (statistics) in their 100 and 200 levels respectively.
>
If per-adeventure u have a maths deficiency (in your O'level) and u apply for, say sociology, psychology etc., u will be given...but your celebrations will be short-lived b'cos u'll be shipped out of social sciences to the faculty of Arts as soon as discovered.
>
I believe we'd understand each other as time goes on.
bro...no seriously u don't understand our points or perhaps u are ignorant. Sociology, psychology, inter-rel (nt inter-rel/history o) requires that candidates write MATHEMATICS IN JAMB AND POST JAMB. That's a fact. The guy was asking bout UME not O-levels. Pls...don't give him false hope. Let him start using connection. My sister suffered thesame plight 3yrs ago. And I did pd this year...the admission officer clearly pointed it out wen he came to my church @pd. Abeg pls...
hausadreturn:
u dont need maths. But u must have maths in waec or neco.
you are wrong
Olamitisoji:
I don't think Maths s needed in all Faculty of Social Science and Administration courses because there are cases that Law applicants are usually redirected to Law or Psychology in OAU I have seen one or two pple like that. Pls enlighten me if am wrong.
somehow, some people know some strong people. The truth is all social sciences requires maths. U can only use two subjects combo to enter faculty of social sciences viz-a-viz:
MGE= maths, geography and economics
EGM= Economics, Government and maths
thesame thing applicable to administration

yes ur friends might have been moved from law to other faculty of art (esp inter-rel/ history) if he uses this combo EGL= economics, government, Literature.
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by chisombenedicta(f): 10:10am On Sep 12, 2015
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Sir Hausadreturn, from OAU eportal, it seems compulsory to have at least a pass in Math. Without that, you're a clown. It could explain why Muyiwa is yet to be admitted despite his 270.5.

Chisombenedicta, you argue a lot and I revel in that. Though I've always believed we Accountants do have a gorgon sense of sustaining our cachet. Thumbs up!
undecided how do u know I argue a lot
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by PaulWillbliz(m): 10:28am On Sep 12, 2015
Is the list really out, or its just merit list.? And does that history /inter-rel takes lit. in. eng as one of the o'level combo?
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by mzgboy: 10:28am On Sep 12, 2015
not all departments in faculty of social science require Maths in jamb (political science for example) but in Admin, Maths is a must.
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by angiography(m): 10:31am On Sep 12, 2015
mzgboy:
not all departments in faculty of social science require Maths in jamb (political science for example) but in Admin, Maths is a must.
okay. What's the subject combo for pol science?? Funny u
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by mzgboy: 10:35am On Sep 12, 2015
angiography:

okay. What's the subject combo for pol science
it varies, have seen someone who used (lit., crs, govt) and another person used (Maths, Econs, Govt)..
Both of them have seen their names on jamb site (merit list)
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by angiography(m): 10:41am On Sep 12, 2015
mzgboy:

it varies, have seen someone who used (lit., crs, govt) and another person used (Maths, Econs, Govt)..
Both of them have seen their names on jamb site (merit list)
GLR into political science?? Nah! (Prescott001 come clarify)

guy i repeat no one can use GLR to enter pol sci. Even if he's given admission now, he will be sent back to faculty of art wen we resume.
And the other combo, well that's actually the right combo.

The guy in question here uses Economics, Government, Literature.
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by mzgboy: 10:43am On Sep 12, 2015
But Sociology and psychology require Maths
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 10:44am On Sep 12, 2015
angiography:

bro...no seriously u don't understand our points or perhaps u are ignorant. Sociology, psychology, inter-rel (nt inter-rel/history o) requires that candidates write MATHEMATICS IN JAMB AND POST JAMB. That's a fact. The guy was asking bout UME not O-levels. Pls...don't give him false hope. Let him start using connection. My sister suffered thesame plight 3yrs ago. And I did pd this year...the admission officer clearly pointed it out wen he came to my church @pd. Abeg pls...
you are wrong
somehow, some people know some strong people. The truth is all social sciences requires maths. U can only use two subjects combo to enter faculty of social sciences viz-a-viz:
MGE= maths, geography and economics
EGM= Economics, Government and maths
thesame thing applicable to administration

yes ur friends might have been moved from law to other faculty of art (esp inter-rel/ history) if he uses this combo EGL= economics, government, Literature.
how come u say that 'perhaps someone is ignorant'? How come u say that it's a ''fact''? What kind of issue did your sister suffer 3 years ago? Did she meet the merit cutoff and did she choose oau as her 1st choice?
>
Just so that u know, i am in the dept. of psychology. Inotherwords, i am in the system.
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by mzgboy: 10:46am On Sep 12, 2015
angiography:

GLR into political science?? Nah! (Prescott001 come clarify)

guy i repeat no one can use GLR to enter pol sci. Even if he's given admission now, he will be sent back to faculty of art wen we resume.
And the other combo, well that's actually the right combo.

The guy in question here uses Economics, Government, Literature.

Actually, I can't argue about it but that's the guy combo and he has seen his name.

Beside, he's not the only one using that combo.
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by mzgboy: 10:54am On Sep 12, 2015
If you are still doubting, I guessed jamb brochure would explain better
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:57am On Sep 12, 2015
chisombenedicta:
undecided how do u know I argue a lot
It's evident.
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by angiography(m): 11:56am On Sep 12, 2015
hausadreturn:
how come u say that 'perhaps someone is ignorant'? How come u say that it's a ''fact''? What kind of issue did your sister suffer 3 years ago? Did she meet the merit cutoff and did she choose oau as her 1st choice?
>
Just so that u know, i am in the dept. of psychology. Inotherwords, i am in the system.
she met the cut off and she chose oau as first choice. Sooo?? Yarn me more. That's u're in department of psychology doesn't Change the fact
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by angiography(m): 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2015
M not arguing with u people on whether any combo is right or wrong. M more concerned with stating what i kno is right. If u disagree.., good.

M not for social sciences nor administration or law. I have known many people who lost admission Due to these wrong combos and dats why m concerned. Even if such is granted admission, he/she may (will) be thrown into befitting faculty,

if u disagree, just say ur own without quoting me. I actually dislike arguing...i feel exhausted
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by jayjewel(f): 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2015
chisombenedicta:
Course?
Nursing,though i have not been given admission yet bt m hoping to get it through pd by God's grace
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2015
angiography:
M not arguing with u people on whether any combo is right or wrong. M more concerned with stating what i kno is right. If u disagree.., good.

M not for social sciences nor administration or law. I have known many people who lost admission Due to these wrong combos and dats why m concerned. Even if such is granted admission, he/she may (will) be thrown into befitting faculty,

if u disagree, just say ur own without quoting me. I actually dislike arguing...i feel exhausted
That u know that something is right doesnt necessary mean it's actually right.
>
That uve known so many people who have lost admission due to wrong combo means nothing. U didnt get the real details as to why they lost it.
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by angiography(m): 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2015
hausadreturn:
That u know that something is right doesnt necessary mean it's actually right.
>
That uve known so many people who have lost admission due to wrong combo means nothing. U didnt get the real details as to why they lost it.
ok
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by lilchris04: 2:18pm On Sep 12, 2015
Please is there a department of Fine arts in the faculty of arts? I can only see it in the faculty of education. Please very urgent.
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by sketcherJ(m): 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2015
let me clear d air guyz..mubaraqq ur combinations are wrong!!u should have done maths and I am talking from experience!!period!! peace out
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by sketcherJ(m): 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
lilchris04:
Please is there a department of Fine arts in the faculty of arts? I can only see it in the faculty of education. Please very urgent.
no...I don't think so..
over and out
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
lilchris04:
Fine arts is in the faculty of EDM (Environmental Design and Management).
>
***There's also Fine Arts Education in the Faculty of Education.
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by lilchris04: 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
hausadreturn:
Fine arts is in the faculty of EDM (Environmental Design and Management).
>
***There's also Fine Arts Education in the Faculty of Education.
Wow. In fact, God bless you!
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
angiography:

chill bro...she's just asking out of curiousity (choosing yoruba is rare) and i don't think her asking will change ur decision...
I should b able 2 knw wat I lik nt mixed it wat z good!
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2015
chisombenedicta:
Bloda Xowie oh undecided...everyone has a reason for choosing hz/her course!i fink u misunderstood my ques
I'v answered dat question A million times in my lifetime!
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 12, 2015
imoscoayo:
wat she mean is wat are ur aims in choosing Yoruba as a course.
I'm a career person! I hav a bright future and I knw it!...
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by olatunjysky: 5:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
oau has nt release dia admission list.those dat see their name in jamb portal na play dem dey oh.i went to the admission office to confirm it.
Re: 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. by olatunjysky: 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
this same thin occur last year .oau did nt gv a frnd admission bt jamb did.jamb gv those wu av high score in jamb admission with the school avthority

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (691) (Reply)

UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread / University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants / NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.