Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:06 AM

Facebook Pictures To Forum - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Facebook Pictures To Forum (908 Views)

Photos: OMG!!! See What This Girl Posted Facebook {pictures Here} / The Perils of Sexy Facebook Pictures / 25 Inspiring Pictures To Look At Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Pictures To Forum by krainmusic: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2008
Connect your facebook pics and the forum account using linkUp:
http://www.geocities.com/showpopulous/facebook.html
Re: Facebook Pictures To Forum by sistajay(f): 7:30pm On Nov 11, 2008
Nice one!
Re: Facebook Pictures To Forum by StephenP(m): 8:24pm On Nov 11, 2008
I would be really really cautious putting any information on there especially since it does not look safe and the poster has posted this a couple of times in other sections and the same person, opeyemi7, has always been the first to respond saying the exact same thing. So I would be careful about identity theft.
Re: Facebook Pictures To Forum by JamaicanQT(f): 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2008
Saw this today on MSN

Facebook friends could be Nigerian princes
The latest plan from the Nigerian scammers is to compromise a person's Facebook account, then send messages out to the friend list asking for cash.

These emails, dubbed the Nigerian 419 fraud, are commonly found in inboxes the world over, with bad spelling and grammar from a person claiming to be a Nigerian prince contacting their father's close business contact.

Well, apparently that's not working, so hacking into a person's Facebook account, pretending to be stranded somewhere without a phone and in urgent need of cash is the new way of doing things.

Me crz broked

Usually the poor use of grammar might set the alarm bells ringing, but most people have at least one friend that thinks saying "Me crs now broked, can we do da ting laterz?" (An actual message from a TechRadarite's Facebook inbox) is alright.

Facebook account details have become hot property on the black market for this very reason, as receiving a message from someone via the 'Book is as good as a phone call to some people.

Programs that harvest the details are downloaded from a bogus Facebook message, often asking you to go to a video site to see a movie of yourself, and when asked to 'upgrade' the video player, malware is downloaded instead.

Best get safe from now on then, otherwise all your friends could be angry that you don't even acknowledge their attempts to help get you home.
Re: Facebook Pictures To Forum by brown4: 9:02pm On Nov 11, 2008
Facebook linkUp is actually a utility.
It enables you to show the picture you have on facebook on any forum instead of uploading a new picture on every forum you join. I think it is nice to have a picture next to your postings because it helps readers associate a face to the post. People who read your posts will take your suggestions more seriously, also, because they feel like they are talking to a real human being instead of a computer generated message.

It's a nice feature - you should check it out.

Dr. Brown
Re: Facebook Pictures To Forum by StephenP(m): 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2008
brown4:

Facebook linkUp is actually a utility.
It enables you to show the picture you have on facebook on any forum instead of uploading a new picture on every forum you join. I think it is nice to have a picture next to your postings because it helps readers associate a face to the post. People who read your posts will take your suggestions more seriously, also, because they feel like they are talking to a real human being instead of a computer generated message.

It's a nice feature - you should check it out.

Dr. Brown

Right! You just registered right now to tell us that, right Dr. Brown? Poster you need to be more creative LOL!!
Re: Facebook Pictures To Forum by JamaicanQT(f): 9:23pm On Nov 11, 2008
@ Dr Brown nice try u just want to hack

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Yahoo: The Glorified Evil? / [b] The Lost Books Of The Bible[/b] / Hr Trainee Consultants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.