Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) (1287 Views)

Big Brother Africa The Chase Finale After-party Pictures / Angelo And Bimp Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase / Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) by Komex(m): 12:37am On Oct 12, 2014
I sat down and asked myself, is there a platform you can go and get details about African Movies? I know we have movie streaming platforms but is there and actual platform for movie discovery?

Hollywood have imdb.com and rottentomatoes.com just to mention a few, where you see upcoming movies, latest movies and lots more with audiences and critics expressing their views about the movies. You do see Few African Movies here some with no posters or celebrity references. Imagine I saw Omotola Jalade Ekeinde and Genevieve Nnaji
profiles with no bio or pictures, cmon these are our stars.

So I decided to create fimvillage.com our own Africa Internet Movie Database focused only on African Movies. Our own Movie Social Networks I believe I will get support from all African Movie Lovers

More Photos coming

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) by Nobody: 1:17am On Oct 12, 2014
IMDb is big enough for every industry on planet earth. Just saying
Re: Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) by Komex(m): 1:37am On Oct 12, 2014
speedyboi:
IMDb is big enough for every industry on planet earth. Just saying

Yea I hear you...How many African Movies have you seen and how many of them are on IMDB.
Re: Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) by Nobody: 2:09am On Oct 12, 2014
Komex:

Yea I hear you...How many African Movies have you seen and how many of them are on IMDB.
well, all the recent films have seen are on imdb.
Re: Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) by Komex(m): 2:33am On Oct 12, 2014
speedyboi:

well, all the recent films have seen are on imdb.

You mean 2013/2014 like Akan, Being Mrs Elliot, Wise In Laws,
JUMP AND PASS jst to mention a few(Sorry did not see any of them).

Plus I saw 30 Days in Atlanta on IMDB and AY face was black, they don't even have his pics Man and he produced d movie as a matter of fact .

What I mean here is that IMDB is doing good but believe Hollywood is more than big enough for Them to handle so they care less
Re: Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) by Nobody: 2:42am On Oct 12, 2014
Komex:

You mean 2013/2014 like Akan, Being Mrs Elliot, Wise In Laws,
JUMP AND PASS jst to mention a few(Sorry did not see any of them).

Plus I saw 30 Days in Atlanta on IMDB and AY face was black, they don't even have his pics Man and he produced d movie as a matter of fact .

What I mean here is that IMDB is doing good but believe Hollywood is more than big enough for Them to handle so they care less

okay
Re: Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2014
Love ur filmvillage.com concept. Will it have all the social networking capabilities like imdb? What about critic reviews? Cus dose r practically none existent in naija
Re: Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) by prof800(m): 3:17am On Oct 15, 2014
Okay.
Re: Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) by Komex(m): 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2014
shockwave91:
Love ur filmvillage.com concept. Will it have all the social networking capabilities like imdb? What about critic reviews? Cus dose r practically none existent in naija

Yea. Visit it at www.fimvillage.com to have a say. We do have critics but they are not as publicise as others from europe or america but we are getting there.
Re: Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) by Komex(m): 10:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
prof800:
Okay.
Is this a yes you like it or yes you have read it or yes no comment
Re: Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) by prof800(m): 11:37pm On Oct 16, 2014
Komex:

Is this a yes you like it or yes you have read it or yes no comment
I like it... I like anything African. Afterall I'm African.
...And I've visited the site. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) by Komex(m): 11:43pm On Oct 16, 2014
prof800:

I like it... I like anything African. Afterall I'm African.
...And I've visited the site. That's all.
Ok. I will keep it up
Re: Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 17, 2014
Komex:

Yea. Visit it at www.fimvillage.com to have a say. We do have critics but they are not as publicise as others from europe or america but we are getting there.
dude vry 9ce mehn. Kip it up. You gon get there broda smiley
Re: Photos - IMBD For Africa(the Way Forward) by Womanitarian(m): 8:52am On Oct 18, 2014
Komex:

Ok. I will keep it up
Good work though still a long way to go but u are on the right path..I already pm u

(1) (Reply)

Who Wins Gulder Ultimate Search Tonight? (Pictures) / Who Is The Better Assassin,47 Or Jason Bourne? / Meet The Youngest Nollywood Movie Producer 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.