Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH (91913 Views)

True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) / Credit Must Be Given To Bola Tinubu. The True Face Of Opposition In Nigeria / Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by 01karma(m): 4:13pm On Oct 13, 2014
traware:
The incessant violence between the gangs(gangs funded by the warlord-like politicians),the corruption,the infrastructural dilapidation and the absolute desperation of the citys' inhabitants.PH used to be called the garden city...it aint no garden anymore.Its more like Haiti nowadays
yea you have a point sha. But its non of my business, any how they like let them do in their state, its their region. No body would help them keep their home in peace other then them.

As far as my state is progressing no problem. tongue
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by IGBOSON1: 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
Lordlexyy:
With all due respect, what you narrated is your story from your own angle as it suits you. But you fail to realise that something actually triggered the whole events that led to the civil war which in all honesty i don't want to indulge in it. Don't forget also that a northerner has his own side of the story that probably made him a victim at one point. Moreso, it baffles me when only Igbos claim the most victims in an event of crisis. Other tribes suffers too but chooses to bear the brunt. You can't tell me that northerners in the east prior to the civil war didn't suffer similar fate? This happen and we are not pretending it didn't, but we have to learn from each others mistakes and make correction. By the way, I am Idoma- Igbo from Igbo eze north L.g.a of Enugu state.

^^^What 'triggered' the slaughtering of Igbos in the 50s before the events of 1966? And what has 'triggered' the slaughtering of Igbos in the north from the 70s to date?......or are we still paying till today for the sins of Major kaduna Nzeogwu and his co-coupists? I think it's contemptible that a so-called Igbo would try to justify the slaughter of his kinsfolk with the excuse that the actions of Kaduna Nzeogwu and crew was the 'trigger' for the wanton and cold-blooded killing of thousands of innocent Igbos! Did any of those poor victims send any of their kinsfolk to go and kill anyone? What other side to the story can a northerner put forward besides the argument that Nzeogwu and co killed their leaders? Was there any referendum conducted in which Igbos voted for Ahmadu Bello et-al to be murdered?

Where the fuc/k did i claim that Igbos suffered the most losses in all the senseless killings that have gone on in the north right from the 50s to date? This may likely be the case, but with the cavalier attitude shown by successive gov'ts towards war crimes, pogroms, riots and murders in this country, it's hardly surprising that there are no reliable data to say who suffered the most losses one way of the other! If other ethnicities/groups don't want to talk about their losses in the north (maybe because they either don't care, or because they don't want to rock the boat and upset their Hausa/Fulani friends) does that then mean that i should keep quiet about my own kinsfolk that have died?

Kindly tell me of the killings and pogrom that Igbos visited on the Hausa/Fulani in the Eastern Region at any point in time! I'm not saying it did or never did happen.....i just want you to cite instances since i've not heard of any. One of the major news stories i did read of during that period was the voting of a Fulani man by Igbos to be the Mayor of Enugu!

4 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Namady(m): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2014
I no too dey comment oo, buh I be confirm ABOKI, I go say sumtin even if e no go make any sense at all

1. Wy Kano no dey dere
2. I no be PDP pickin buh I salute Souley Lamido of Jigawa State. He's a decent and a responsible rascal grin

Its obvious now, u can conpare Jigawa and Kaduna interms of infrastructure. Abi I lie?
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by tonte(m): 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2014
haha that 3rd picture...land of beauty?

cronsberg:
Yola: the land of beauty
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2014
cannonnier:

Am not disputin.

Who am I to dispute wise solomon.
your majety thou art great, please accept this humble offeringgringrin

*turn around, pant down* tongue
I just kicked your butt! grin
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
Rawani:
As a continuation of the 'DISCOVER AREWA' series, I present to you the True Face of the North. An expose on the development in the state capitals of Northern Nigeria which will expose the fallacy about how the North is filled with mud huts and camels. Several times the question has been asked of what the North built during its 38 years so far of ruling this nation.

The persona of the northerner is not that of a chest-beater so its understandable how the propaganda of the undeveloped north has managed to be perpetuated by enemies of the region and regular ignorant folks. Most are shocked when faced with the reality of the emptiness of the lies told to them by their bile-filled uncles, therefore emotional outbursts to this expose are well expected.

While the need for extensive infrastructural development in all regions of Nigeria cannot the overstated, the progress made so far in all fairness should also not be understated.

SOKOTO.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/933494_StillGusaurd_jpg3171b59e2e3c98dff991bc3b0553e0f9
www.nairaland.com/attachments/933537_Govthouseround_jpg27245e1edb731c56a7f57cdf007e934a
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/933538_2012-12-31-441_jpg61d0bb44776e4823e1a202a4f74a7f84[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/933563_2012-12-30-404_jpg76ccecd8eb7ada169318efafc7a22b10[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/933567_2012-12-30-407_jpg289c265fba785009056948a531866ea8[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/933569_2012-12-30-399_jpgf427a9caec3d9b60118b2b5f29e8fba9[/img]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/933574_Moreoffodio_jpg966f2d592b01c3a0279318dad066dc32
www.nairaland.com/attachments/933577_Viewofflyoverfrombelow_jpgfb0209eec49ffe2fb4e644d20e2d6c53
www.nairaland.com/attachments/933579_Photo0249_jpgddafbbc67a151e6a8d462da701302ba2
www.nairaland.com/attachments/933580_Photo0248_jpg529f4a4abfc2b5c9af638c7c4b0fea40

usman farouk secretariat roundabout, aliyu fly-over, road to gov't house. Nice pictures @op. U 4got to add the newly completed far-far dual lane or maybe am not seeing clearly!
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by cannonnier(m): 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2014
enigmaotr:

I just kicked your butt! grin

undecided undecided
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
@ Op, Beautiful pictures. I live in the North, so I can attest to that. However, the unspoken TRUTH is that the money used to develop these areas was sourced from the SOUTH. The problem I have with past northern leaders is that they applied the principle of 'MONKEY DEY WORK, BAMBOO DEY CHOP'. If u visit the South where this money is sourced from, you will feel like weeping,bcuz of the poor infrastructural development. Why don't we have at least of what obtains in north for the South. For example, most federal roads from Abuja to the Northern parts are dualised, but from Abuja to the South the story is different. They are just being dualised. One begins to to wonder what happened with the PTF funds, of which Gen Buhari was chairman for years.
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by cannonnier(m): 8:52pm On Oct 13, 2014
miraclewonder:
@ Op, Beautiful pictures. I live in the North, so I can attest to that. However,[s] the unspoken TRUTH is that the money used to develop these areas was sourced from the SOUTH. The problem I have with past northern leaders is that they applied the principle of 'MONKEY DEY WORK, BAMBOO DEY CHOP'. If u visit the South where this money is sourced from, you will feel like weeping,bcuz of the poor infrastructural development. Why don't we have at least of what obtains in north for the South. For example, most federal roads from Abuja to the Northern parts are dualised, but from Abuja to the South the story is different. They are just being dualised. One begins to to wonder what happened with the PTF funds, of which Gen Buhari was chairman for years[/s]
BULLSHI*T.

4 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by cuteboy2: 9:04pm On Oct 13, 2014
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/954600_2012-12-30-175_jpg8db7434241ba5a9206bbbdf3577b3ca4[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/963675_2013-01-17-771_jpgbaf40b12d433f1ba9adb7c18566ac858[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/954577_2013-01-15-749_jpgb414b6af075a845d7a901aa02af5cfab[/img]
[/quote]

So apple selling kioks, gates and fences of emir's palace and universities are signs of development in the North. No wonder the people are so backward. This is what the elite sell to their people as development. shocked shocked shocked

LMAO!!!!

4 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by cuteboy2: 3:37am On Oct 14, 2014
miraclewonder, quote:
For example, most federal roads from Abuja to the Northern parts are dualised, but from Abuja to the South the story is different. They are just being dualised. One begins to to wonder what happened with the PTF funds, of which Gen Buhari was chairman for years.

Indeed Gen Buhari has to account for the huge sums of money allocated to him as PTF Chairman during Abacha's regime. He has point to specific projects he executed with all that money.

2 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by darne(m): 6:39am On Oct 14, 2014
God Bless Nigeria, God Bless My State,..God Bless Arewa Nation wink cheesy

#ArewaGang #MMBM grin grin

2 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by chuckdelis: 11:35am On Oct 14, 2014
Dead pictures,I see no face here
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
eduj:

this is probably the lie of the year.religious riots started in the north even before independence-try wikkipedia for more info.you cönvienently forgot to mention the murder of southerners by their so called brethren after buhari lost .the north is pervalently violent,persimonious,greedy and expert liers till we are given reasons to think otherwise.

Oops!!...religious riots are always sponsored by greedy politicians..riots took place in big northern cities like kaduna and kano...in both cases it was by hudlums who are thieves...have you ever seen a decent educated northerner in these acts?Same applies to riots against northerners in Lagos and eastern cities,you won't see a decent southerner in these acts..BTW..I still repeat, there is no northern village you won't see a southerner..

1 Like

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by sparkleboy(m): 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2014
SMH!
And someone is calling most of you commenting on this thread tomorrow's leader?
With all the TRIBALISM ON THIS THREAD I PITY THE FUTURE OF THUS COUNTRY.
SMH angry

1 Like

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 15, 2014
Guyssssssss! Don't be fooled grin . Kaduna is NOT as beautiful as that ooooo. The guy go post hamdala hotel. Look guys, the north doesn't have as much population as the south hence, no pressure on facilities. So to campare the north with the south is just baseless. Apart from kano, kaduna, there is no any SERIOUSLY populated areas apart from may be jos and abuja abi?? Even kaduna is very very very dirty. Lagos rocks, south rocks. I can verge for JOS ONLY. Plateau state is BEAUTIFUL I know. Abuja ofcourse what do you expect, f.c.t
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Newshunter: 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
Mere photoshop, show us residential areas not govt facilities and monuments. People there are living mostly in shankies and mud houses, I lived in sokoto so I know how many good houses, note the most of the few good residential buildings there are owned by non-indigenes. We know northerners are not good when it comes to building personal houses. I mean most northerners especially hausa/fulani do not care about how their houses look like. Once there is shelter in place, a mat for sleeping and praying forget it. Infact most of them sleep along the streets at night. My experience in the north. Who is talking of comparing the north and south in terms of development be it by govt or individuals, no way. The north is far back even with them being in power most in Nigeria. i visited the house of Shagari you will not believe, the shabbiness of the house of former president.
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Ugosample(m): 3:13am On Dec 24, 2016
sparkleboy:
SMH! And someone is calling most of you commenting on this thread tomorrow's leader? With all the TRIBALISM ON THIS THREAD I PITY THE FUTURE OF THUS COUNTRY. SMH angry
I wonder too o. There people have allowed politicians use their head
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Profay11(m): 10:25pm On Oct 05, 2017
I just got to Zaria. I need to make new friends here. Please anyone here from Zaria?

1 Like

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Rawani: 1:48pm On Mar 15, 2020
Cc: Arrewa
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by LegendHer0: 2:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
Rawani:
Cc: Arrewa

Lol. I was about to copy Arrewa too to see one of the thread he likes creating.

As a southerner, I want the best for the North tho coz I think when everywhere is developed, it will be a win-win for the country.

3 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by QuotaSystem: 2:55pm On Mar 15, 2020
eye4eye:
Now compare Jigawa State to Abia, Ebonyi or Anambra. Jigawa is twice better than those states combined despite getting smaller share of the national cake.

Even to this day.

1 Like

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by QuotaSystem: 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
LegendHer0:

Lol. I was about to copy Arrewa too to see one of the thread he likes creating.

As a southerner, I want the best for the North tho coz I think when everywhere is developed, it will be a win-win for the country.

The narrative of the North as a backward undeveloped desert is often deliberately propagated by mainstream media because apart from the fact the bad news sells better, the HDI statistics don't help matters, even though they're a skewed representation of the North, mostly because those statistics & indexes are calculated per-capita and the North's huge population will always present it worse that it actually is.

An example is how the typical European or American always thinks Africa is a backward jungle thanks to Western media (again, because bad news sells better) and negative statistics like most Africans living on less than a dollar a day; when in reality, millions of Africans use iPhones, go on vacations, live comfortably in Estates & fly business class.

With social media and the Web, such narratives are being shattered gradually and I hope along with you, that development reaches all corners and strata of society.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by LegendHer0: 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2020
QuotaSystem:

The narrative of the North as a backward undeveloped desert is often deliberately propagated by mainstream media because apart from the fact the bad news sells better, the HDI statistics don't help matters, even though they're a skewed representation of the North, mostly because those statistics & indexes are calculated per-capita and the North's huge population will always present it worse that it actually is.

An example is how the typical European or American always thinks Africa is a backward jungle thanks to Western media (again, because bad news sells better) and negative statistics like most Africans living on less than a dollar a day; when in reality, millions of Africans use iPhones, go on vacations, live comfortably in Estates & fly business class.

With social media and the Web, such narratives are being shattered gradually and I hope along with you, that development reaches all corners and strata of society.

Nice one. I’ve always adored how Arrewa devoted time in setting the narratives right. It’s really a good thing speaking for the North by a northerner coz most times the southerners have made it a duty of speaking for the North ourselves.

Most times, we always get our information from the media and that corrode our thought about the North. I have always believed in the development stereotype too until my brother was posted to Kano as a youth corper this year, and I asked him:

Me: Shey Kano fine pass Akure?
Him: Place wey I even fit talk say e fine reach Lagos”. However he said, the people contained in the place are too low coz they no fit the place. He’s talking about being posh.

The only thing the North seems to be lagging behind in is the human development. If the North can work on that then I think they will be better than the south. People like you can lead the crusade on human development and you will see that in no time, the North will keep the mouth of the south shut!

You guys should continue projecting the North in a good light, it’s a nice thing and I like it that Nairaland is being supportive now coz the other thread already reached front page.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions / Mr Macaroni Shares His Polling Unit Results / Are US Tax Cuts Really Helping Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.