Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,677 members, 7,847,768 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 07:07 AM

Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) (32579 Views)

Total Sharia Implementation : APC And Buhari Using Kaduna As a "Test Ground" / Buhari Called For Total Sharia In Nigeria In 2001 / Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Omimah: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
Some christians prefer to spend another four years suffering under this clueless government that has no plan for the country because they don't want to be "Islamized." God forbid! I'm a christian. I will choose Buhari any day, any time to Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Faun(m): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
Buhari would die of prostate cancer before he wins a presidential election.
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Saintp(m): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
kakiya:
WHO IS AFRAID OF BUHARI? 
I write this because of millions of
Nigerians who are below 30 and who
constitute a significant chunk of our
voting population.
This is the ICT generation that is largely
ignorant about the events of the
Buhari era (1983-85) and so can be
misinformed and misled by needless
propaganda. I have sat with many in
the
under-30 bracket and those slightly
above who only have faint recollections
of the Buhari era and the level of
ignorance about that era is amazing.
Before being MILITARY Head of State,
Buhari had been Governor of one of
the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s
Military government) as well as
Minister for Petroleum. He later
served
as Chairman of PTF under Abacha.
Please consider the following
unassailable facts:
·He birthed and supervised the
establishment of our existing
refineries.
·There was no religious crisis while he
was Head of State. It started under his
successor IBB!
·In his time as Head of State he
reduced
inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal
discipline and a homegrown economic
team (not achieved under any other
era, even military).
·JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs
before him, and killed all the corrupt
leaders, while Buhari only sentenced
the corrupt leaders here to prison.
·Under his watch as PTF Chairman,
what he did in road construction in that
short period hasn't been matched by
12yrs of the PDP.
·Hospitals and universities around the
country never witnessed as much
benefits as they got from the PTF from
any government after or before his
time.
·Despite serving in senior capacity in
the oil sector, first as Minister for
Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust
Fund, Buhari has no petrol station,
much less a rig, refinery or an oil block
like so many of our leaders.
·He could have retired into nauseating
opulence like an IBB or Danjuma or
even OBJ but didn't.
·Instead of hobnobbing with the high
and mighty, he has cast his lot with the
ordinary man most of who follow him
out of hope and belief in his values.
People who know him have said
of him... "All I need from Buhari is his
word, I can take it to the bank".
·He is the only politician in the North
today who fills rallies without renting a
crowd. The Kaduna rally of 2nd March
is eloquent proof!
·He refused to collect an allowance
while serving as Chairman of the PTF
because he said since he was already
drawing a pension from government,
his conscience would not allow him
to draw another salary from the purse
of the same government.
·He is the only former head of state
that does not own property or land in
Abuja .
·Every attempt to rubbish him through
probes in time past eneded up
vindicating him! The man who was
asked by OBJ to take over the running
of PTF before it was scrapped with the
aim
of probing and indicting Buhari, was the
one who ended up being prosecuted
for misappropriating $100m of PTF
funds!
Buhari again, was vindicated
·He has OPENLY challenged those who
accuse him of religious fundamentalism
to come out and show proof. No one
has till today, taken up the challenge.
His
personal driver of many years is a
Christian from Plateau State !
·His government initiated the War
Against Indiscipline that has made
environmental cleanliness, queuing up,
not urinating by the roadside etc
features of our national life even till
today Does it then surprise you why
corrupt people would be spreading
such heinous rumours about Buhari?
He
is a threat to them and they know
what he is capable of doing to
corruption and
corrupt people when he comes into
office! So shine your eyes and make
the right decision. If honesty and
probity are the things you want for
Nigeria ,now is the time to choose
right. When you cast your vote for the
BUHARI, you would have cast one vote
for a honest men.
Now that you know better, will you
please educate another person BY
FORWARDING THIS TO AS
MANY AS YOU CAN??

You have spoke well for Buhari, however, there is always a time to say goodbye to the past. Buhari is of d past even if he is not. bad as presented. While i agree dat GEJ is one of d most corrupt president but buhari should go n retire. Too bad we will be left with dumb asses from both parties to choose from and that is my worry. i weep for dis country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Spandy(m): 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
Just like a christian would wish that everybody in nigeria becomes a christian,that is the same way moslems are also wishin that everybody in 9ja bcoms a moslem. it is just a wish because we are now in a democratic era,not in a military rule.
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
Since he made that statement, he has been jumping from one church to another for occasions in hypocritical manner, choosing TOP Christian leaders as VICE yet the Christian community, the destrabilised Nigerians and the secular conscious Nigerians have refuse to buy into his deceits.

Instead of Buhari, they should put SHEKAU on that chair so we know what we are up against.
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by blowjohn(m): 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
NairaMode:
Most people actually believe Buhari will make a good president but to me, I believe he is a scary choice.
I will rather vote Wizkid as president than vote for some of this people.

With the Islamic challenges taking a hold on our nation, it is best to be careful with our choices at this period.
Babangida, Buhari has been associated with wanting to Islamize Nigeria since 1991 when Babangida gave up to 1 billion to a group called IOS/ IOC or so to support the Islamization of the country.

My problem is not even all these people, my problem are the recycled politicians that keeps coming back.
They are dead mentally and most of them are left with only barbaric ideas.
If you employ some of them as an employee in your company, you will fire them in few days.

We need new people. People with fresh ideas, concepts, creativity, poise, charisma, intelligence and without personal ambition.
To me Buhari has a personal ambition.

Ok, points noted. Buh, pls, never make whizkid an option, ok? Thank u.
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Faun(m): 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
Shame on all Northerners.
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
MizMyColi:

*in Mahatma Ghandi's voice*

I like your APC.

JUST NOT YOUR BUHARI undecided
Nawa O, you sabi Mahatma Ghandi's voice? shocked
I for like learn am oh grin
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Kessyy2k4(m): 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2014
[quote author=yuzjet post=27081047]

Don't mind Dem. Que Sera Sera at the end.[/quote

thank u sir! with of ur type, i think Nigeria. still have hopecheesy
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by femicyrus(m): 4:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
[/color]should a christian politician intending to become president say ' I will implement the tithe law and water baptism in nigeria if elected' and muslims began to panic and also insulting and cursing such candidate!
[color=#000000]
governance is different from religion. If buhari becoming president will end killings by BH, atleast that is better than GEJ with bloodshed almost everyday now with corruption everywhere and poverty
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Enjoyment1(f): 4:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
No insult intended...

Atleast I witnessed Shagari's civilian govt, talkless of the military regime of Buhari.

Its my own personal opinion...I used to like Buhari, until he became a politician. Before I go further, no one should mention any achievement during Buhari's regime, without mentioning Gen. Idiagbon. Idiagbon, was fully in charge of that administration, while Buhari is only receiving the praises today, becos he is the only one alife. It was when Idiagbon went for Hajj, that was when IBB succeeded. What does that mean?

Someone mentioned War Against Indiscipline and other achievements, and I ask, who started it? Was it not Idiagbon? Pls, note, I am telling you what we all went through, and not what my father, mother, uncle, or read from history books, as many are writing here.

This does not disqualify Buhari, becos with a good running mate, he can perform better. Even better than PDP led leaders. My problem with Buhari started when he became a politician.

Someone talked about PTF, and not stealing from govt covers. I wished I was using a desktop, I would have shown you the level of marginalisation in award of contracts by Buhari. It was 70% to the north, and 30% to the south. The records are there, pls. So, in place of stealing, he diverted.

I am aware of the above topic, but should comment like the above be coming from someone who wants to lead a multi-religious, multi-ethnic, and different group of people who were wrongfully married together by Lord Lugard?

Come to think of what, no sane would-be leader will speak in his local dialect after casting his vote in a national election (***check Buhari's comment after casting his vote in the last election in 2011***). The man openly spoke Hausa, with no interpretations whatsoever. What was the meaning of that? Was he vying to be President of Northern Hausa speaking Nigerians or Nigerians as a whole?

Just about two weeks ago. Atiku openly acussed him of being a religious bigot, and should not be voted for. Yet, he could not deny, or confirm it. What does that mean?

Even in our quest for peace, in North Eastern Nigeria, Boko Haram choosed Buhari, as their negotiating leader, and Mr. Buhari never said a word. Rather, he kept condenming the extra-judicial killings up north, and later cried foul, when thesame BH people tried killing him, in his convoy vehichle.

The case of openly telling Northerners not to vote non-Muslim during OBJ, is another careless talk, which is still fresh!

In summary, Buhari, needs to repair his image in Southern Nigeria, as his comments whenever he is amongst his muslim brothers, and general comments, are still fresh in peoples minds. Maybe when he is through, and he is not yet 100 years, he can come back and contest.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2014
The lie is that Buhari called for Sharia at all - he never did any such thing.
Do you know that his driver is christian? and I heard one of his wives is a christian.

Answer this how many states in Nigeria adopted Sharia when Buhari was Military ruler of Nigeria?

Answer: NONE!

Case closed!!

anonimi:

What exactly is the lie
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by yuzjet(m): 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2014
[quote author=Kessyy2k4 post=27082984][/quote]

Yes ☺º°˚˚°ºo. Vision 2035. grin
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by mrborntodoit: 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2014
watered:
My brother, I didnt come here to campaign for Buhari or any other polithiefian.To me all of them are just d same people..

Buhari or no Buhari life continues for me. So my brother happy Sunday and I'm sure you've eaten your Sunday rice? grin

Had my salad with cheese and redwine,sunday rice and chicken with white wine, drank my henessey XO as digestive after licking my sunday ice-cream.

Peace be still!
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
You cannot give GEJ credit for stopping a virus that was a hoax.

If anything we should ask GEJ why he and his government is participating in a hoax designed by the USA to terrorise the Nigerian masses for America's hidden agenda.
dinggle:
This shows the relevance of Buhari even though he has not yet bought his party's presidential form. Why aren't the PDP e-rats talking about Atiku. Gej knows who he is afraid of. Even with the kangaroo 99.9999 results in many southern state from the last election, him still dey fear!. Evidence that he is a bad president. He had 4yrs to swing the opposition supporters his way but kept his supporters asking themselves serious questions.
Now his new campaign strategy is to use e-rats to instill "fear, divide & rule". They first said that Buhari was Boko haram leader/sponsorer. Until it was confirmed that GEJ is best of friend with known boko haram sponsor, till date he has refused to arrest him possibly the ex govs has his cans-of-worms that will shake him down.

The election will be about issues:
-How much is garri?
-Do you have light?
-Where you able to pay your child's school fees?
-How many times did you buy clothes for your kids in the past 4 years?
-Do you have a jobs?
-How many known corrupt officers are serving prison terms?
-Was GEJ able to protect christian and muslims from Boko boys?
-How many family were compensated for the lose of their children and bread winner in the hands of boko boys for which GEJ failed to protect?
-Why did it take GEJ weeks to respond to the cry of chibok kidnap?
-Why was there initial denial of any kidnap from the presidency?
-Why did he say America will know?
-How many committees did he setup? for what purpose? were the results ever implemented?
-Will he be bold enough to hold a debate with Buhari which will give him to opportunity to tell Nigerians that Buhari called for Sharia law in 2001?
Or Will he run to Dbanj Wizkid this time around for a solo expodebate.

*How and where do you even begin to defend GEJ?
The only credit GEJ has is "EBOLA" stoppage.
The other credit I will give to GEJ is for introducing diarisgodooo as one of Nigeria's widely used word, to score 2/100 is a waste of the human mind.
Even Reuben Abati will win Gej in an election if he was to contest.
At the end of the day the people that will determine the swing of the election are not on Nairaland, they can not afford the luxury of a laptop/internet connection as they have been impoverished by GEJ's clueless govt. PDP e-rats are too smart to make themselves available on that day, they will lock themselves up for fear of the unknown. Those who have been bartered by GEJ's poverty agenda and death of their loved ones in the hands of boko boys without compensation from the govt, and have nothing to loose are those who will show up at the polling booths.
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
Una for no comot the yeye thread for FP na!

Ndi ara!

angry
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by kart042000(m): 5:11pm On Oct 12, 2014
SeaGold:
I pity my Igbo brothers in the north who will suffer the consequence of Buhari losing again in 2015 because that's a certainty.

The memory of the butchered Igbos during his last defeat is evergreen.

Is it okay that the president was celebrating while Nigerians were been killed? Yar adua was proactive and arrested yusuf(even though killed by policemen), the boko haram senior member, Jonathan claimed boko haram are our brothers, terrorism is all over the world so we should bare it as it would soon be a thing of the past. But now they are proactively fighting to win points for 2015 election.
To the OP, would you like Nigeria economy to be like Kuwait, Saudi or Qatar? Are Christians not going into those countries to work? Obj said Jonathan is training snipers, and dokubo made statements like Nigeria would be grounded if Jonathan does not win.
Must you lot always trend on religious and ethnic divide, Nigeria is rich because of our diverse cultures, religion, we can blend with any world economy, but you people have chosen to implode with such blackmail.
He had the chance to enforce sharia as a head of state, he didnt.
In Manchester, the society/community of the jews is just after the pakistani community and they relate well. That tells me it is how the leaders manage the society. Mind you, another set of terrorists are been groomed in the south south. Watch it, i am a christian and i am neither a pdp or apc fan, all i want is good governance, and jonathan is just a NO NO.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Kessyy2k4(m): 5:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
yuzjet:

Yes ☺º°˚˚°ºo. Vision 2035. grin

korrect will shall get there! just let kip our dream alive; D [/quote]
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by THAINDIVIDUAL(m): 5:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
Everfrank:

Continue celebrating mediocrity.
So, I should support sharia and its ills?
I should support the financier of Boko haram?
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
berem:

Ndi ara!

angry
Because it has exposed the bigotry and religious fanaticism of your general.
Onye ara!
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Obinoscopy(m): 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
berem:

Ndi ara!

angry
The thread was removed because it's a duplicate thread. The original thread had made frontpage in the past.
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by yuzjet(m): 5:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
Kessyy2k4:

korrect will shall get there! just let kip our dream alive; D

Yes broda! wink
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
berem:
I hate it when idiotts quote me. Do I really have to respond to idiotts? angry

Anyway,

SAI BUHARI 2015!

Hmmn
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by duni04(m): 5:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
Okay those are really extremist statements he made. Buhari is old and he's ruled Nigeria before. The APC should look for younger, more liberal and less controversial candidates for the presidential slot and they'll have my vote. Fashola and Amaechi are more credible candidates than Buhari and Atiku.
I love and respect the APC ideology but the people that are coming up to represent this ideology at the presidential level are not clean. Lets forget this zoning rubbish and embrace the politics of development rather than politics of tribe and religion.
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
Obinoscopy:
The thread was removed because it's a duplicate thread. The original thread had made frontpage in the past.
the news was far back as 2001. Even if it didn't have a duplicate thread,it was not supposed to make FP after 13yrs.
You mods pushed the FP just to tarnish the image of GMB. Nairaland should not be used to run down anyone aspiring to contest for any election. It is totally wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by duni04(m): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
berem:
the news was far back as 2001. Even if it didn't have a duplicate thread,it was not supposed to make FP.
You mods pushed the FP just to tarnish the image of GMB. Nairaland should not be used to run down anyone aspiring to contest for any election. It is totally wrong.
As long as its true that Buhari said those things, I see nothing wrong in letting people know as much as possible about someone that aspires to rule over them. They would be running Buhari down only if he didn't say those things about Sharia.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by bonesofdavid: 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
2cato:
I can categorically say buhari is a change man and he regret any inconviniency is supporter of APC statement might have cause.
**drop mic**
This tetsodicazo stronzo di merda want to split this our mother land. Non posso
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Enjoyment1(f): 5:41pm On Oct 12, 2014
Only someone with half-education will come here and say that, Buhari had the opportunity of installing Sharia (as a military ruler), yet he did not do it? The best, miliatry in Nigeria could have done is what they did...."states creation". It was "rule by decree", and there was no room for state laws, as you have under civilian rule. Perhaps, if Buhari was in power when Yerima started Sharia (during OBJ's rule), Nigeria would have sunk...for good...(states have rights to law in civil rule), though no room for state religion.

Nigerians, once again, Buhari was not in-charge of that regime. He didnt spearhead the coup. Rather, he was brought in (as the most senior after the coup), to lead that regime. Besides, Idiagbon was wholly in-charge. In fact, I may say here that, because Idiagbon was a no-nonsense man, and he fought anything indiscipline, thats why Buhari may not be able to personally buy presidential nomination form, because he is the poorest. It is not becos he is extremely honest, but becos his vice was behind him, always. THERE WAS NO ROOM FOR CORRUPTION.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by kart042000(m): 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
dinggle:

The election will be about issues:
-How much is garri?
-Do you have light?
-Where you able to pay your child's school fees?
-How many times did you buy clothes for your kids in the past 4 years?
-Do you have a jobs?
-How many known corrupt officers are serving prison terms?
-Was GEJ able to protect christian and muslims from Boko boys?
-How many family were compensated for the lose of their children and bread winner in the hands of boko boys for which GEJ failed to protect?
-Why did it take GEJ weeks to respond to the cry of chibok kidnap?
-Why was there initial denial of any kidnap from the presidency?
-Why did he say America will know?
-How many committees did he setup? for what purpose? were the results ever implemented?
-Will he be bold enough to hold a debate with Buhari which will give him to opportunity to tell Nigerians that Buhari called for Sharia law in 2001?
Or Will he run to Dbanj Wizkid this time around for a solo expodebate.

*How and where do you even begin to defend GEJ?
The only credit GEJ has is "EBOLA" stoppage.
The other credit I will give to GEJ is for introducing diarisgodooo as one of Nigeria's widely used word, to score 2/100 is a waste of the human mind.
Even Reuben Abati will win Gej in an election if he was to contest.
At the end of the day the people that will determine the swing of the election are not on Nairaland, they can not afford the luxury of a laptop/internet connection as they have been impoverished by GEJ's clueless govt. PDP e-rats are too smart to make themselves available on that day, they will lock themselves up for fear of the unknown. Those who have been bartered by GEJ's poverty agenda and death of their loved ones in the hands of boko boys without compensation from the govt, and have nothing to loose are those who will show up at the polling booths.

True words
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
This might be a farce.

https://www.nairaland.com/1925181/branded-campaign-
materials-2015-around
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by MizMyColi(f): 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2014
Ichiato:

Nawa O, you sabi Mahatma Ghandi's voice? shocked
I for like learn am oh grin

sure, no p.

Classes'll start @ 12 midnight cool
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by seunmsg(m): 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
Obinoscopy:

And according to nairaland tradition, if a thread already exist for a particular topic, all newly created thread on the same topic are closed and the link to the original thread posted as reference. Am expecting you to apply the same rule and tradition here by closing this thread. We must endeavour to follow laid down standards at all time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

See moment Ondo lawmakers fight, exchange punches over impeachment of Speaker / "See As This Economy Don Spoil Our Nigerian Jollof" Nigerian Says / HURRAY! Buhari Signs Anti-monopoly Law — 15 Years Afterward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.