Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,742 members, 7,831,370 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit ! (3438 Views)

Amaechi Accuses Wike Of Squandering Over N40bn In Few Months / EXCLUSIVE: DSS Investigates Dasuki’s Bank Dealings In N40bn Security Fund Probe / N40bn Scam: Vaswani Brothers Flee Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit ! by MrCrackles(m): 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2008
But who come thief satellite naw?

abi satellite don get leg waka comot for orbit?! grin
Re: Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit ! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2008
tpia:

did you miss the part about it being a joint Nigeria-China project?

better mind your mouth before you start abusing China.  I thought you're always very careful to say nothing bad about your adopted country?  Or are you saying Nigeria was scammed by your great and perfect China?

just looking out for you, bro. undecided

on the other hand, maybe you mean Nigeria deserves to be scammed by China. Either way, am sure nothing bad dey inside China. undecided Otherwise you no go worship the place like you normally do.

Don't worry too much about me, i rather have you look out more for our failed country and perharps how to de-congest the space by shooting down the junk anytime its found.

On the other hand, i have made it clear several times that china has enough of her own ills and you don't expect me to discuss off point when we are talking about nigeria. So, i challenge you to start a topic about china and i will be glad to join the discussion if i wish to.

Jointly owned were phrases the government throw to dumb nigerians to make them feel that there were signs of seriousness in the project. The chinese has sent several and better sattelites of their own to the space. They simply used the NAIJASAT to test their emerging world power.

You guys should not be fooled that it was found, your leaders have turned it into politics and when serious issues are turned into politics in nigeria; the rest is history.

However, whether the junk project was jointly or private owned; it has given us nothing since when it was launched. If its a scam, then whichever country per took in the scam must have known that nigeria is a place where anything goes and china would not be the first to take advantage of this. You should also bear in mind that your corrupt leaders initiate these scams. Examples are Shell, Mobil, Siemens etc; these are not chinese companies.
Re: Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit ! by idupaul: 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2008
how are we sure any satellite was ever launched
Re: Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit ! by congoshine(m): 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2008
Naija for show !!! cry
Re: Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit ! by tpia: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2008
nuzo:

Don't worry too much about me, i rather have you look out more for our failed country

you mean your failed country, not mine.

You're from China- I'm not.
Re: Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit ! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2008
tpia:

you mean your failed country, not mine.

You're from China- I'm not.
Typical blood thirsty nigerian. . . . . . so you are now the decider of where i must come from?
When the likes of quota, Ibime and nigeria1 talk about secessionist moves, you will be the first to aim their throats with dagger.
Re: Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit ! by dayokanu(m): 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2008
Dare devil armed robbers at it again!!!! They even stole satellite!!!!

40billion project disappeared again. Where is OBJ?
Re: Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit ! by tpia: 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2008
Re: Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit ! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2008
tpia:

don't know why you're so sensitive.

You say Nigeria is a failed state, right? So since you've claimed China as your adopted country, why interest yourself in Nigerian affairs? Afterall, God delivered you from the failure of Nigeria, abi? So why are you still giving yourself headache over the place?

Unless you're trying to make some financial profit from the "failed" state?

You are the one being so sensitive on constructive criticism. You and oga yaradua are always quick to pounce on people who point out where nigeria has messed up and how it should be corrected. The only difference is that while you try to shout down on people; yaradua arrests and detains.

When the oil in N/D drys up, that will be the best time to know the people that actually love nigeria.
Re: Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit ! by tpia: 6:29pm On Nov 12, 2008
Re: Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit ! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2008
What has Ribadu's pix got to do with the topic?

Back to topic. . .
Any time the gaddemn junk is found; it should be shot into pluto since its of no use.
Re: Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit ! by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Nov 12, 2008
Are we seriously going to sit and swallow this nonsense? I say BULL… N’SHI BULL!! IGBE MA’LU! ( I can not remember my hausa at this time). What the heck is this? How can anyone loose anything in space? This one na lie oo…. Are we even sure there was any satellite to begin with? Next thing you go hear, someone go come tell us say na witches move am because it was blocking their Night flight. Or some ignoramus go come tell us say na God kick am commot for road.

abeg, this better be a late april fool's joke.

Roflmao!!
Re: Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit ! by toiletRol: 11:42am On Nov 16, 2008
diggler:

To an extent you are right

however, i've dealt with the Chinese and i tell you, these dude are ruthless businessmen pure and simple.
If u want a N10000 space satellite, i tell these guys will make it for you.
On the  other hand, if u want NASA grade satellite, same thing just pay the right amount & they'll make it for you.

Why is it that the biggest American/Global Tech companies Intel & the like outsource most of their production (some design even) to china?Mind u these kats don't get sentimental with their money.
the Answer simply is that they are competent enough to handle this.

I own many devices bought directly from china 7 i tell you, they r more expensive but of superior quality than what obtains in our markets.

We need to ask Mr NigComSat how much of the N40billion was actually spent on the satellite.
The only reason the Chinese outbidded 21 other international firms was that they offered the best 'Kickback deal' because they could always compromise on quality.
If u had given say a British coy the contract it would've cost N80billion because kickback must dey.

**With this development, at least he should forget the 3G license he wanted govt to hand freely to him.

Your reasoning reminds me of that of a fish -

if you are a scientist, you will agree or beleive that there is absolutely no big deal in a satellite missing from space. it happens, in Russia in 2005, their satellite on spy mission went missing, no big deal.

It is only in Nigeria that block headed people try to give reasons and explanations to issues they know nothing about.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Launch Independence Logo / TERRORISM: Is This Why F.G is Opting For A Secret Trial of Ndume? / Lamido Sanusi On Buhari (2002)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.