Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,720 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant (1432 Views)

Blessing Agbomhere: Oshiomhole Will Land In Jail If I Become Governor / ‘impeached’ Ondo State Deputy Governor Says He Is Still In Office / Wikileak: Why Omisore Should Never Become Governor Of Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by msm98580: 6:36am On Oct 13, 2014
Alhaji Faruk Aliyu, former member of the House of Representatives, has said that he would sell the Dutse Airport if elected the governor of Jigawa State.
Aliyu, who represented Birnin Kudu Constituency, and an aspirant on the platform of All Progressives Congress, said this on Sunday in Bauchi while fielding questions from newsmen.
He said: “If I become the governor, if I have my way, I will sell the airport of Jigawa State because we don’t need it.
“Absolutely we don’t need an airport there.
“Anybody who is interested in the airport will be welcome to pay Jigawa State Government and take over the airport and use it.
“Even in Kano, I remember in those days, everybody flies from Kano, there are now few flights from Kano.”
Aliyu, a member of Integrity Group, which went to court to ensure that President Goodluck Jonathan was sworn in as president when late President Umaru Yar’Adua became incapacitated, cautioned against unnecessary criticisms against Jonathan.
He said: “This is a country where you see Northerners in droves moving to the Southern part of the country seeking for livelihood.
“They go there to be sugar cane sellers, security men, to be ‘Okada boys’ (commercial motorcycle riders), yet our governors are doing little to boost employment through agriculture.
“Enhancing agriculture will ensure that people go to farms instead of being involved in social vices.
“What we need in Dutse is enhanced agriculture, make sure our people go to school, make sure there is drinking water, provide hospitals that work and enhance security among others.”

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/ill-sell-jigawa-airport-if-i-become-governor-says-aspirant/

Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by Orunto: 7:08am On Oct 13, 2014
This Aliu should not be voted for. He doesn't know nothing. He is a fraud.
Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 13, 2014
But the guy is being realistics and truthful.
Lamido used the airport to score political point...let me stop here shaa

What does Jigawa need an airport for

Orunto:
This Aliu should not be voted for. He doesn't know nothing. He is a fraud.

6 Likes

Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:34am On Oct 13, 2014
BuddahMonk:
But the guy is being realistics and truthful.
Lamido used the airport to score political point...let me stop here shaa

What does Jigawa need an airport for

that's the point..u dnt understand anything..

You and aliyu are clueless! Oya, if u have the intention of making Jigawa an industrial hub, won't you need the airport in the future?

The airport is already there, and it's not that they are in debt over it, why sell it?

If it's not useful now, it's because the place is not transformed to suit it's use..I expect him to say the airport will be teeming with passengers and cargoes before he finish his tenure!

But what did he say: he will sell it cos it ain't useful..

Shio!

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by eunisam: 7:44am On Oct 13, 2014
Pls how much is the airport? Am interested to buy it 50k.
Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 13, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:

You and aliyu are clueless! Oya, if u have the intention of making Jigawa an industrial hub, won't you need the airport in the future?

The airport is already there, and it's not that they are in debt over it, why sell it?

If it's not useful now, it's because the place is not transformed to suit it's use..I expect him to say the airport will be teeming with passengers and cargoes before he finish his tenure!

Shio!
By selling the airport, will the buyer carry the airport out from jigawa?

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by gunuvi(m): 9:20am On Oct 13, 2014
click2cbn:
you don't even need to waste your time answering him.
Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 13, 2014
Reminds me of when Al-makura wanted to construct an international cargo airport for a state that has no commercial activity going on there. Our leaders are always seeking for avenues to milk us.

#sell the damn airport.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 13, 2014
Pls do you have economic activities before delving into airport....airport dont bring economic activities, it boast them

Make your state economically viable by building cottage industries, industrial parks, business parks, open your state for local investors before foreign investors will start looking towards your direction.

How can you build an airport in a state with zero economic activities, how many bank branches are there in Jigawa, how many pure water companies are there,....the airport is a misplaced priority, airport is the last thing a Northern State of Jigawa need, if you list the top 10 states that need and airport Jigawa will not even make the top 20 considering Kano is there with her.

SLIDEwaxie:

Shio!

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 13, 2014
himkers:
Reminds me of when Al-makura wanted to construct an international cargo airport for a state that has no commercial activity going on there. Our leaders are always seeking for avenues to milk us.

#sell the damn airport.
Agriculture isn't commercial?
Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:28am On Oct 13, 2014
BuddahMonk:
Pls do you have economic activities before delving into airport....airport dont bring economic activities, it boast them

Make your state economically viable by building cottage industries, industrial parks, business parks, open your state for local investors before foreign investors will start looking towards your direction.

How can you build an airport in a state with zero economic activities, how many bank branches are there in Jigawa, how many pure water companies are there,....the airport is a misplaced priority, airport is the last thing a Northern State of Jigawa need, if you list the top 10 states that need and airport Jigawa will not even make the top 20 considering Kano is there with her.

dude, u talk too much! This ain't abt the airport to be built, it's abt the airport on ground.

Let's assume it was a mistake building it in the first place, now that it is there, what are u supposed to do with it? Sell it?
The best thing is so provide a meaningful environment for it...

That is, let it work..give it a job to do!
click2cbn:
Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 13, 2014
Obiagelli:

Agriculture isn't commercial?

Which agriculture re you talking about? Can you Obiagelli name one commercial agric farm in nasarawa state?
Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by tommysparks: 10:38am On Oct 13, 2014
Jigawa is the only state without a direct vehicle to abuja. I live in dutse presently and the only way to get out of this state is to travel to kano or bauchi before you can get to any other part of the world. I was expecting the governor to provide vehicles that transport passengers to abuja directly first before embarking on an airport project. Anyway its done it's done but the airport will only remain for the periodic lifting of pilgrims during hajj after which they will close and go home till next hajj season.
Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 13, 2014
When will Anambra get one? With all the commercial activities going on there yet it has no airport. Meanwhile some northern states has airports... which they don't really need.
Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 13, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
dude, u talk too much! This ain't abt the airport to be built, it's abt the airport on ground.

Let's assume it was a mistake building it in the first place, now that it is there, what are u supposed to do with it? Sell it?
The best thing is so provide a meaningful environment for it...

That is, let it work..give it a job to do!
pretty obvious someone must've laced ur hay with da ganja otherwise what ur hoof doing at da airport,dunnqi punk?
Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 13, 2014
himkers:

Which agriculture re you talking about? Can you Obiagelli name one commercial agric farm in nasarawa state?
One of the biggest rice mill in Africa is in that state
Re: I’ll Sell Jigawa Airport If I Become Governor, Says Aspirant by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 13, 2014
The half amount Anambra spent on education alone can build that Jigawa Airport twice.

Do you think Anambra is a state without scale of preference, Anambra Airport will soon commence so dont kill yourself.

Ibadam and Akure Airports only recieve passengers when a former governor, a politician or a monarch is death.
Aviation business in SouthWest is death expect Lagos a NML but Enugwu and Owerri are seeing heavy traffic and Asaba too

Anambra have alot up her sleeve and building an airport when schools, roads, et al are begging for attention is a misplaced priority.

Look out for Anambra Airport soon, the time is here.

Nobleval:
When will Anambra get one? With all the commercial activities going on there yet it has no airport. Meanwhile some northern states has airports... which they don't really need.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Many Crimes Of General Buhari (the Archdictator) By Prof Wole Soyinka / Graduate Nurses Dissociate Themselves From JOHESU Strike / Photos: Gov Amaechi And Sen. Saraki Pay Condolence Visit To Emir Of Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.