Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Two Many Fraudsters In 9jà Banking Sector - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Two Many Fraudsters In 9jà Banking Sector (1221 Views)

ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters / Beware Of This Message Being Circulated By BVN Fraudsters / Banking Sector Breeds Criminals - New Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Many Fraudsters In 9jà Banking Sector by derrick333(m): 11:12am On Oct 13, 2014
Banking sector requires virtue,that include decency,humbleness,truth n trustworthiness,2mention few, but reverse is d case now , I bank with ECO bank,on 11th of April 2014 i made six(6) transactions on Skye bank ATM trans amadi PH,at about 3:34pm ,I was debited 40k ,I quickly dash in to the bank ,but the customer care rep ,ask me to go to ani of my bank branch ,I drove to the closest eco bnk branch, so I met the ATM rep,wit the countenance on his face,he said I shudnt border de wil reverse it,had to wait 4 2weeks leta went back2 d bank I found out that de lots of pipo wit same problem ,some evn worst Dan mine,de ask.us to rite leta 2dia manager ,series of forms all to no avail,7moths now n stil countin, do I stil v hope of getin my moni bak?? 4were ,mesef don 4get abt d cash ,I bliv as well as odas wit same Probs,der r pipo banefitin4rm dis stuff ,sins we don't v prov ,some ignorant pipo sayin,d moni migt v came out after I left d ATM spot,but nt tru cus as along as u v remove ur card4rm d ATM ,no cash can comeout again ,bank don yahoo me oo .so painfull ,Asumin I dash persn d moni now,atlist d persn go tell me" thank U" so I dash banker 40k but"thnk U" God de sha
Re: Two Many Fraudsters In 9jà Banking Sector by Sayvabs: 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2014
@derricks333 sorry for ur pain. What happened to you is called Cash Dispense Error. Sometimes due to mechanical or network issue ur account is debited but cash not given. If ur card is verve card, it's being control by Interswitch. They have a platform called arbital that where you see such transactions (banker have access to it). The ATM records everything that take place on it. The moment you slot in ur card and any other that takes place is been captured. There is a journal that the bankers have access to, it record every thing. For instance like in your case it will be recorded "cash not taken". This record can be access online or from the printed journal. Haven log your claim in your bank, the responsibility of the officer in charge is to verify your claim. The last 4 digit of your card will be captured on the journal and every other thing that you did or happened while your card is inside the machine. If you used other bank's ATM, your bank (haven logged a claim with them) will send their customer claim to the bank (where the transaction took place) on arbital and using the date and the last 4digit of your card the claim can be verified and your money reverse back into your account. NOBODY can have access to that money. It is not a physical cash.There is an account that is debit or credit as the case may be. The money will just be there until there a proof to claim it!

In this case my thinking is that somebody is not doing his/her job well.
Hope this exposé something you don't know before.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Two Many Fraudsters In 9jà Banking Sector by derrick333(m): 2:20pm On Oct 13, 2014
U sound lik a bnker,Ani hope of gtin d cash back? angry
Re: Two Many Fraudsters In 9jà Banking Sector by Sayvabs: 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2014
Sure. I think need serious follow up with your bank. Your money is just in one account. You see most bank workers are overwhelmed with work. Just follow up.
Re: Two Many Fraudsters In 9jà Banking Sector by derrick333(m): 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
Sayvabs:
Sure. I think need serious follow up with your bank. Your money is just in one account. You see most bank workers are overwhelmed with work. Just follow up.
Got fed up along d line,n d last tym I wnt de,d customer care said,it will b so so difult2resolv d issue ,sins d error was made in Anoda bank ATM
Re: Two Many Fraudsters In 9jà Banking Sector by Ikonz(m): 3:52am On Oct 14, 2014
derrick333:

Got fed up along d line,n d last tym I wnt de,d customer care said,it will b so so difult2resolv d issue ,sins d error was made in Anoda bank ATM

Bros, that is a fat lie! This issue is not as complex as your banker made you to believe. Pls can you stop seeing their customer care rep and go straight to their bank manager? Or better still, get eco bank hqtrs customer care contact and forward your complaint through e-mail.
Re: Two Many Fraudsters In 9jà Banking Sector by derrick333(m): 6:02am On Oct 14, 2014
Ikonz:

Bros, that is a fat lie! This issue is not as complex as your banker made you to believe. Pls can you stop seeing their customer care rep and go straight to their bank manager? Or better still, get eco bank hqtrs customer care contact and forward your complaint through e-mail.
Hmmm ,I v2request4dia num cus of dis issue 08003262265,after I xplain evrytin2dem,de stil direct me to eco bnk branch,dat I shud request for the frontage,so d customer care rep (same lady) show me other customer's forms requesting for frontage too,dat has lasted 4moredan 7months,ani way sha I rote mine,she felt so sowi4me cus v stressed a lot,she said assumin she v such amount? she wundv Gvn me my cash bk
Re: Two Many Fraudsters In 9jà Banking Sector by oluplus(m): 7:58am On Oct 14, 2014
@Op, where are you?
Re: Two Many Fraudsters In 9jà Banking Sector by derrick333(m): 9:24am On Oct 14, 2014
oluplus:
@Op, where are you?
Port harcourt rivers state
Re: Two Many Fraudsters In 9jà Banking Sector by vincentont(m): 11:09am On Oct 14, 2014
seven months is too long,the first form u fill wz discarded.it wz not worked on,dts y u were unable to get ur money.normally it shld tk at most 2 weeks dt is if d workers are lazy.kip on presurinzing dem.
Re: Two Many Fraudsters In 9jà Banking Sector by oluplus(m): 11:21am On Oct 14, 2014
Hello, I just spoke a control guy there and he said he would not want to be involved for a reason best known to him, but he adviced you write another letter( 2 copies), addressed to their MD, stating your experience and also threaten them that they will hear from your lawyer soon.

Let them acknowledge your copy by time stamping or putting their stamp on it. He said they will beg you and get the matter ressolved even if it means going to Skye bank to iron it out with them.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Two Many Fraudsters In 9jà Banking Sector by derrick333(m): 11:42am On Oct 14, 2014
Olu,Vincent,ikonz. N sayvabs. So so greatfull 4ur concern,u guyz r wonderful ,rilly appreciate ,gracias!! cool
Re: Two Many Fraudsters In 9jà Banking Sector by genchukky(m): 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
Your safest bet is to always use your bank ATM for your transactions,so when you have Cash Dispense Error,your bank takes care of it quickly,having this same problem with another banks ATM is always difficult to rectify and it takes a minimum of two weeks......I have encountered this problem twice now

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Distributors And Wholesalers Wanted Nationwide For Langs Supreme Whisky / H E L P : I Bought A Fake Designer Perfume On Konga. / Start A Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.