Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,995 members, 7,866,743 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:58 AM

To All Nairalanders - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / To All Nairalanders (600 Views)

That Was How I Got The Offer.. Super Thanks To All Nairalanders / Att: Scaranek,chevron Skill Test Clue To All Nairalanders / To All Nairalanders Sitting For Test (intercontinental Bank) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To All Nairalanders by sifu: 11:37am On Nov 12, 2008
Dear nairalanders,
I have never written to this site before but i think its high time i did.Majority of u i know are job seekers so this is for you. i will use my story. I had dreams like many of you about entering the big companies here in nigeria after finishing school but after couple of years of applying writing 1 or 2 tests,either never being called 4 an interview or getting to the interview stage and not getting the job.I began to loose hope and started feeling bad about not making a 2.1 or first class.Parents abused, friends left (including girlfriend) and i did not have the strength to do anything excepy stay at home and wallow in self pity.I was 27 and graduated at 21+.Then a wonderful friend told me a couple of things:1 There is no one alive who has a job or a business or is successful who did so without Gods favour or intervention so if you lose your faith yoyu loose your resolve to keep fighting for your desire and ur dreams eventually even God himself cannot help you (2) you look too much in the papers without SEEING.I mean you apply to jobs which you obviously are not qualified for and think you will just be called. (3) you havent asked youself what exactly you are gifted in (Everyone has a gift) and chase it to the end.I always had a fascination with computers but studied Geology in School . I then decided i wanted a career in IT and set about acquiring what every company expects from a skilled IT person (they all want common things)-Experience(Acquired (2) in a small software developement firm),certificatuions(I have 6 of them now) and practical knowledge(there are training companies in the papers).It took me two years.In the end i was convinced i had the right skills and started applying.The rest they say is history.I am an assisstant IT manager now close to 30 and would like you all to keep trying, know exactly what companies require of you and acquire them.Keep believing

(1) (Reply)

Instantly Earn $400 Daily, $2,800 Weekly For Your Xmas Celebration. / Latest Oil Rig Jobs / Get 11million within a year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.